Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:26:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shooting #24601

Started by bgmnts, May 15, 2022, 10:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 28, 2022, 12:35:57 PMREMEMBER WHEN THERE WAS NOTHING?

Better to have been born and cunted to death by a lunatic than never to have been born at all.

touchingcloth

I see Donald Trump is suggesting that the US should arm domestic schools before Ukraine. I can't think of a good rebuttal to that, as when you think about it it stands to reason that the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with an advanced long-range multiple rocket launch system.

Paul Calf

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 28, 2022, 12:42:56 PMBetter to have been born and cunted to death by a lunatic than never to have been born at all.

Get back in the sea, you finned cunt.

Cerys

Clearly what we need is armed police disguised as schools.

JamesTC

Dress up the homeless as children and put them all in schools. Shoot two birds with one bullet, as a school shooter might say.

idunnosomename

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: Cerys on May 28, 2022, 01:18:16 PMClearly what we need is armed police disguised as schools.
Schools disguised as armed police.

Butchers Blind

touchingcloth

Armed police as schools.

"So where did you go? Comp? Public? Independent? Technical college?"

"Copper's arse."

touchingcloth

Shit phone.

Nonce soap.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 28, 2022, 01:17:28 PMGet back in the sea, you finned cunt.

When the boat comes in.

Blumf

Quote from: Butchers Blind on May 28, 2022, 03:00:10 PM

It's never too early.

Not gonna lie, that baby is pretty damn cool, a real bad ass.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Blumf on May 28, 2022, 04:05:52 PMNot gonna lie, that baby is pretty damn cool, a real bad ass.

There's one way to make it even cooler

Spoiler alert

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Alberon on May 28, 2022, 08:19:46 AMWe can relax everyone. The Good Guy With A Gun idea actually works. Though in this case it was a woman.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61615236

Phew! I, for one, am very glad this whole issue has now been solved.

Sounds like a plant to me

Yea she shot the bloke dead, don't worry about who she is, she's gone now, makes you think tho doesn't it?

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on May 28, 2022, 11:50:02 AMInteresting analysis here
He talks about how cops have it drilled into them that everyone is armed and out to get them. Hence why they sometimes shoot unarmed people, but run and hide from armed people.

I'm not anti cop generally but their response here was utterly sickening and these guys found out in the worst possible way that they're in the wrong job.  I wonder if it was a form of bystander effect or if they genuinely thought it was a hostage situation. It seems almost miraculous that he "only" managed to kill 21 people in an hour too.

Fella looks like <redacted CaB user> Michael Jackson penguin avatar. That is what that poster looks like in my head.

Edit- are they banned, sorry for mentioning if they are banned

Edit- unmentioned possible  banned poster

Why don't they just raise the age for buying guns to 25? Most school shooters seem to be aged late teens, early twenties. Maybe allow 18-25 year old on ranges under supervision. Heck, maybe throw in some kind of gun licence to be able to own a gun aged 25 as well.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on May 28, 2022, 07:14:20 PMWhy don't they just raise the age for buying guns to 25? Most school shooters seem to be aged late teens, early twenties. Maybe allow 18-25 year old on ranges under supervision. Heck, maybe throw in some kind of gun licence to be able to own a gun aged 25 as well.

Good question. Has there ever been a school shooter over 25? I think the gun lobby would call such a measure a slippery slope.

Zetetic

I think at this point, they might be very happy to accept explicit age-based discrimination, given the racial, class and other forms of discrimination that the constituency has been accepting - if not outright enthusiastic - about in the past.

The "gun lobby" doesn't really take the "right to bear arms" seriously as a universal right, which is why the US ends up with the compromises it does in gun control.

Zetetic

This won't, of course, prevent young adults in the United States from accessing guns needed to murder primary-school-aged children semi-efficiently for a brief period.

It'll be useful in a bunch of other ways, however, if you were aiming to further alienate young adults from any form of power.

oggyraiding

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/27/us/yubo-app-salvador-ramos-threats-invs/index.html

QuoteHannah, an 18-year-old Yubo user from Ontario, Canada, said she reported Ramos to Yubo in early April after he threatened to shoot up her school and rape and kill her and her mother during one livestream session. Hannah said Ramos was allowed back on the platform after a temporary ban.

I'd never heard of Yubo until today, I feel very out of the loop when it comes to social networking sites frequented by school shooters.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 28, 2022, 05:53:43 PMFella looks like <redacted CaB user> Michael Jackson penguin avatar. That is what that poster looks like in my head.

Edit- are they banned, sorry for mentioning if they are banned

Edit- unmentioned possible  banned poster

That's what I was trying to link the picture to!

JamesTC

They should replace all guns with fake bear arms.

JamesTC

Take away their guns and shave their arms.

touchingcloth

Tell them they're allowed to have loads of arms.

Sonny_Jim

Nice to see that the conversation has been successfully shifted from 'Why do we need to have so many guns?' to 'the police are pussies'.

JamesTC

racecar bed indy 500

Quote from: oggyraiding on May 28, 2022, 07:42:37 PMhttps://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/27/us/yubo-app-salvador-ramos-threats-invs/index.html

I'd never heard of Yubo until today, I feel very out of the loop when it comes to social networking sites frequented by school shooters.

every single school shooter is like this. with all the rape threats and/or the classic "I will kill you and everyone you care about" at the drop of a hat. so many red flags.

Quote from: Rev+ on May 15, 2022, 08:20:30 PMIt's the same on Breitbart, FreeRepublic and all of the other lovely places these fine people congregate.  Just as it was for Christchurch, just as it is whenever someone actually does the kind of thing they spend all day posting fantasies about:  obviously a false flag.  Always has an undercurrent of 'it can't have been one of us, we're too fucking lazy'.

i'm amazed freep is even still around. i'd have thought the users would all be dead from old by now. /pol/ and breitshart has all the far right that still have a few decades left in them, freep is boomer central.

Ferris

Whatever you think about the NY Times, this is quite a stark page:

A similar article which seems to be largely buried in the opinion section that I thought was well-written.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/27/opinion/editorials/american-mass-shootings-texas.html

Edit - the bit I thought was worth reflecting on, even if I doubt it's going to tell anyone here they didn't already know:

QuoteThe tightknit community of ______ was shaken to its core today when a gunman went on a rampage that lasted __ minutes and killed ____ adults and ____ children.

Police said that an additional ____ people were wounded in the country's __th mass shooting of the month and ___th of the year.

Authorities have identified the gunman as _________, a __ -year-old from ______. The motivation for the attack, as best the police can determine so far, was ____________. It echoes mass shootings this year in _________ , ________ and ________.

The gun used in the massacre was a ________, the same type of weapon used in mass killings this year in ________ , _________ and, most notoriously, __________.
Authorities said that ________ was able to obtain the weapon legally.

Several survivors of the shooting, still in visible shock, said they never imagined such senseless and horrific violence visiting their quiet community.

_________ called for tighter gun control to stanch the national bloodletting. Republicans shot back that Democrats were politicizing a tragedy, insisting that all that was needed now was thoughts and _______.

No major legislative remedy to the problem of gun violence, which stretches to nearly every American community, stands a chance of passing a perennially deadlocked Congress. Gun-control supporters said that enough Republican lawmakers (and some Democratic ones) think the status quo isn't just acceptable but also defensible.

"No, even ___ murdered children isn't really enough to coax our friends across the aisle to move anything out of committee," said _________, a senator from ________. "The other side blames mental illness. But we're not an international outlier in mass mental illness — only an outlier in mass death at the barrel of a gun."

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: Ferris on May 29, 2022, 11:06:17 PMWhatever you think about the NY Times, this is quite a stark page:

2013 nobody died
2014 nobody died

Mobius

The blackout front pages are a bit old hat now. They should put a dead kid on there.