Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:26:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerden Cooke

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 28, 2022, 11:48:40 AM"wonga"

"Harrow Arts Centre, Pinner"

Hey, if it's good enough for Digitiser Live, it should be an acceptable venue for this shambling zombie form of one of the most beloved comedies of the last thirty years.

NeaX

Quote from: Jerden Cooke on May 28, 2022, 03:01:48 PMHey, if it's good enough for Digitiser Live, it should be an acceptable venue for this shambling zombie form of one of the most beloved comedies of the last thirty years.

Night of the Living Ted

dissolute ocelot

And Pinner is the setting of at least one classic comedy (Just Good Friends), may as well have another.

Gusty OWindflap

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 28, 2022, 02:37:06 PMThat's not true, there's Debbie Hayton.

Oh yeah, right 😒

And as if by magic

TalkTV this morning about Ricky Gervais

GBNews this afternoon about Suella Braverman

It's pathetic.

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 28, 2022, 05:20:42 PMAnd as if by magic

TalkTV this morning about Ricky Gervais

GBNews this afternoon about Suella Braverman

It's pathetic.

Such a sad woman. Christ-nut as well.

GoblinAhFuckScary

i don't feel sadness for hayton being an obvious self-loather, i just really hate her fascist fucking guts

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on May 28, 2022, 06:54:19 PMi don't feel sadness for hayton being an obvious self-loather, i just really hate her fascist fucking guts

Yeah, she's trying to purge herself from sin by punching down. A tale as old as sin itself.

Kankurette

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on May 28, 2022, 06:54:19 PMi don't feel sadness for hayton being an obvious self-loather, i just really hate her fascist fucking guts
Me neither. She's a pick me scumbag.

BennyHedgehog

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 28, 2022, 07:46:42 AM

Miller's currently embroiled in a spat with an anon twitter account. Lots of back and forth though interestingly one thing Miller hasn't responded to is that despite trading heavily on being an ex-cop he was in the force for a short time having not passed the probationary period.

GoblinAhFuckScary

somewhere in those comments there's a lot of frothing about trans charities in my hometown. the general gleeful spiteful and violent tone is honestly very horrible to see.

they're also trying to SUE a fucking rape crises centre because it also supports trans women.

they really do enjoy being such vile fucking nazi cunts. they get such cheap lazy pleasure out of it.

hate them hate them hate them i wish terrible things would happen to them all.

Kankurette

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on May 28, 2022, 08:28:14 PM

heterophobia lol
Uh...yes? Why would I be bothered if the nurse was trans? I had a male doctor doing my flexible cystoscopy and he saw everything.

Ex_GC

"Would you be happy for a trans woman to wax your genitalia?" The only relevant question here is if the person is a qualified beautician, if so yes. They're so stupid

JaDanketies

I think terfs have gone from thinking that requesting a doctor of a specific gender is something unusual that is normally done by kids or traumatised people as something that is normal. Demanding that the whole surgical team are cis women when they're under anaesthetic.

Pimhole

"Only BIOLOGICAL WUMBEN may help us uphold patriarchal gender norms by ripping out our hair at the roots. We are so very critical of gender."

Ex_GC

Quote from: JaDanketies on May 28, 2022, 08:53:05 PMI think terfs have gone from thinking that requesting a doctor of a specific gender is something unusual that is normally done by kids or traumatised people as something that is normal. Demanding that the whole surgical team are cis women when they're under anaesthetic.

Yes it's pure fantasy that demanding a doctor of your preference is the norm

Coalition loss: 'The transphobe thing was an absolute disaster'

Quote"We spent a full fucking week being transphobes in parliament and then we spent weeks during the campaign doing the exact same thing, and it was fucking insane," an MP says. "The transphobe thing was an absolute disaster. We clearly didn't have enough economic policies. I think the strategy, such as it was, was to repeat the 2019 election campaign, but that was never going to be adequate for a few reasons."

Seems being transphobic cunts really, really doesn't win elections, not in Australia, and not in Scotland either, cf: Alba losing every single seat it tried to run in, despite the urgings of Throwing Wobblies Over Sexual Organs

The Late Satoru Iwata

The Late Satoru Iwata

So, something to do with 'Episode N-N-N-N-Nineteen', right?

Kankurette

I had my colonoscopy done by a male doctor as well. Wasn't remotely arsed, pun not intended. They've seen loads of women's bits, they're used to it.
Quote from: JaDanketies on May 28, 2022, 08:53:05 PMI think terfs have gone from thinking that requesting a doctor of a specific gender is something unusual that is normally done by kids or traumatised people as something that is normal. Demanding that the whole surgical team are cis women when they're under anaesthetic.
When I worked in a hospital, we had a few women patients who requested the lone female urology consultant in the department and/or female doctors and nurses, usually due to trauma or religious reasons. It wasn't something that often happened, though.

ishantbekeepingit

When I was in hospital one of the nurses looking after me was trans.  It would have been ridiculous if I asked for her to leave, not least because I was having sex reassignment surgery myself.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 28, 2022, 07:59:37 PM
What is his fucking issue with that now. Because it looks like he's annoyed that Billy Bragg is talking about the Holocaust, as if he won't shut up about it.

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on May 28, 2022, 08:36:49 PMthey're also trying to SUE a fucking rape crises centre because it also supports trans women.
You just don't understand, Goblin. There's nothing more feminist than making sure a rape crisis centre has to spend a ton of money on legal fees to fight a frivolous lawsuit and perhaps ultimately close its doors for lack of funds. PS men never get raped.

The Late Satoru Iwata

(Edited because obviously Bragg was commenting on the Nazis obsession with subjugating Jews but it remains true that one of their early book-burning targets was research into transgender people and gender dysphoria. I should have just left it as it was but it felt like it was inviting derailing responses about Bragg's intention which would be a detriment to the thread)

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: BennyHedgehog on May 28, 2022, 08:12:21 PMMiller's currently embroiled in a spat with an anon twitter account. Lots of back and forth though interestingly one thing Miller hasn't responded to is that despite trading heavily on being an ex-cop he was in the force for a short time having not passed the probationary period.

Harry Miller is a grown up Sargon of Akkad (Which is strange since Sargon is 45 or something), Thin skinned right wing bastard.