Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:52:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How many keys do you really have control over?

Started by shoulders, March 25, 2024, 06:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

Cuellar

Pink Gregory

two keys each for front and back door, and one car key.  Need to get one of those oversized rings that building 'supers' and 'janitors' in the U S A have.  Then I'll have made it.

Underturd

Emma Raducanu

Someone broke into our back garden a few weeks ago. It had such an affect on me, I spent 2 days trying to remove our old, slightly rotten, large back gate and replace it with a new one. It's honestly one of the hardest things I've ever done and after failing to drill the heads off 20 worn screws for 6 hours, I went at it with a hammer instead.

My new gate has 3 padlocks on, which require 3 keys alone. Won't stop someone climbing over though.

Underturd

dontpaintyourteeth

102. House key plus the keys on my computer keyboard ahhhh

madhair60

i have a selection of keys but in all honesty i have never felt particularly in control of them.

Des Wigwam

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on March 25, 2024, 07:24:27 PM102. House key plus the keys on my computer keyboard ahhhh

Similar answer but pretending I own a piano.

PlanktonSideburns

canadagoose

Front door, back door, shed. I'm not counting the gas meter key because it's just a lump of yellow plastic.

dissolute ocelot

There are two bike lock keys on my keyring, but no idea where the corresponding locks are.

monkfromhavana

earl_sleek

Front door yale
Front door deadbolt
Back door
Random key the letting agent gave me along with the others but which doesn't appear to fit anything in the house
Car key
Work front door
Work office door
Personal locker
Petty cash locker
Petty cash tin

So 10 normally. Also a fob for head office but I don't know if that counts.

Plus I work for a housing association so at any given time have keys for various properties, lockups etc, as well as keysafe codes. Hello women reading this my keyring is unwieldy.

In fact at the moment I'm responsible for my department's key cabinet, so on a normal working day I'm in control of several hundred keys.  A little bit more than three.

jamiefairlie

Just the black ones but that's ok as you can play all the sad songs with those

GMTV

90s gangsta rapper leaves thread disappointed

Endicott

Keys are just a means to an end. The real question is how many locks?

Alberon

At home front and back doors, key to the shed, a car key and a load of window lock keys.

At work though I have control over five whole cabinets full of the bloody things.

That's right, look impressed.

Dex Sawash

I can make* keys

*duplicate existing or create from key code

Hat FM

2 front door, 1 back door, 2 work locker keys and i have full control over Alicia Keys but that is a story for another time.

imitationleather

I open all my doors with a lanyard.

I mean, not really. But I thought there should be a post in this thread that was something other than people listing keys.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Five for my house, including the shed. One for my folks' house and three for friends' houses, because I often look after their pets.

Half of them are Chubb keys. The points on them are always jabbing me in the leg.

QDRPHNC

Wonderful Butternut

1 for my car (technically 2, but they're copies of the same key)
4 for my house
2 for my parent's house

imitationleather

I forgot about the keys for my mum's house. That's a good one.

God this is good, isn't it? Even though we're basically just listing keys.

Cloud

Home:
House
Car

Work:
Server room 1
Server room 2
Desk drawer
Department storage cabinet

That's all I can think of.  My workplace acts like Fort Knox (and yes they have lanyards) because those in charge of that sort of thing here *love* being in charge of that sort of thing.  Completely empty meeting room with nothing to even steal?  The person in charge of that would go apeshit if it was left unlocked for 5 minutes.  But I'm not that person, and so don't have the big pile of keys.

TrenterPercenter

x2 (yes that's right hippies!) car keys
x4 House keys
x2 Dad house key
x2 Sisters house key
x2 Good friends house keys
1x Gym keycode

Used to have an allotment key n'all but given that up now.

Underturd

I've got a sycamore tree, so I'm hoping for loads and loads of keys, it's early days yet though.

pigamus

E and A. Is the genuine answer. Not that I'm a great singer, mind.

PlanktonSideburns

The key for my mum and dads house worked for the first house I ever lived in after theirs. Found this out when I locked myself out, tried it out of desperation, and bang it worked