Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 18, 2024, 09:56:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Signed photos of comedians. POST EM IF U GOT EM.

Started by Gob Shine Algorithm, January 02, 2023, 10:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobo With A Shit Pun

I have a photocopy of someone else's signed photo of Rob Brydon somewhere. In defense of this, no one really knew who he was at the time, but I was borderline obsessed with the comedy stylings of this local DJ whose show was picked up by the 10.10 to midnight slot on Radio 5 (pre-Live) on a Friday. And was fourteen.
Plus, we didn't have the internet, so the only way a Welsh friend could "prove it" that he'd met him was by sending me a copy.

Innocent times. Little men yet untrapped in boxes. I can still do his fictitious PKB advert jingles from memory.

The Crumb

I had a Julian Clary 'Lord of the Mince' flyer that Stewart Lee signed and made some pear based edits to, but sadly lost it at some point.

Avril Lavigne

I can't be bothered to find it and take a photo but I have a glossy photo of Kryten with Robert Llewellyn's signature on it and you can probably all accurately imagine what that looks like. Not sure if he counts as a comedian though, comedic actor I guess.

lauraxsynthesis

I've got Peter Cook, Stephen Fry and Josie Lawrence but not on their photos - on the tickets for the Radio 4 recordings where I got them. I think I got Roy Hudd as well but June Whitfield didn't hang about on her way in so boo

Rizla

Geoffrey Davies, star of LWT's Doctor In The House (and the Amicus classic Vault Of Horror). More a comedic actor than a comedian.

Gurke and Hare

I've got a signed photo of Milton Johns if that counts? He's played weaselly men in a lot of sitcoms.

pandadeath

I passed up the opportunity to buy a signed photo of Paul O'Grady from a second hand shop about 10 years ago, regretted it ever since

Gob Shine Algorithm

Threadstarter feedback: @Gurke and Hare - Milton Johns? Who played an Imperial Officer in Empire Strikes Back? That's cool in my book (besides, most men circa 2023, emasculated by the modern world, are easily the equivalent of weaselly men in sitcoms -- so he's cool as an archetype).

And @lauraxsynthesis - I can't even imagine owning a Peter Cook autograph. That's officially the coolest thing ever. I have a recurring dream where I'm frantically looking through my bookshelf for a signed photo of Louise Wener from Sleeper. In reality, I've never owned a signed photo of Louise Wener from Sleeper - the fact she's an obscure and B-list celebrity represents my lack of imagination.

lauraxsynthesis

I've found most of my autograph stash and I have a lot more than I remembered. Can't find the one of Cookie but I do remember it included a cute sketch of him!

Here are some of the others. I think that's Peter Jones on the JaM ticket. I got Paul Merton on a separate bit of paper. And Nicholas bloody Parsons.

Humph, and I think Barry Cryer. I should have written on the back who these scrawls were

And IT'S ONLY SPIKE INNIT
Not one of his best works. I bought it as a gift for a boy. Spike asked if he was my boyfriend and when I hesitated, he shouted "ANSWER THE QUESTION" which was very funny. I admitted the boy didn't fancy me (I found out years later he was gay). He looked at me funny when I said my name, and the woman standing behind him explained that was his daughter's name. In retrospect, it was probably Laura herself stood there.

QDRPHNC

Gob Shine Algorithm

!!! Spike Milligan? Jerry Seinfeld? You people are actually cool. I was expecting page after page of Hi-De-Hi and Allo Allo (which would've been cool in a way, but you can't really use a photo of Herr Flick as a retirement fund can you?)

While I think of it, word to the wise - if you go to the website of Charlie Chuck (AKA Uncle Peter), he'll send you a dedicated signed photo for £5. Partaken a couple of times now - a great way of supporting a bonafide cult legend (Frank Sidebottom offered a similar service in the nineties, and not having taken him up is a SORE regret.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on January 02, 2023, 06:41:02 PMI can't be bothered to find it and take a photo but I have a glossy photo of Kryten with Robert Llewellyn's signature on it and you can probably all accurately imagine what that looks like. Not sure if he counts as a comedian though, comedic actor I guess.

Ditto, but with Chris Barrie. I met him at a very small convention near Margate and asked him to make it out to my then girlfriend as she couldn't be there due to illness, and hoped he might personalise it in some way due to that, but he just scribbled "All the best" and his name and that was that.

Bartholomew J Krishna

I have a lovely headshot of Paul Shane, but unfortunately it isn't signed.
Anyone have his address?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I have an autographed photo of Vic & Bob that a friend got me. I don't know where it is right now though.

badaids

I've got a signed photo of Phil Mitchell going mad in a JCB and a corner torn off a pamphlet for blood donations signed by Timmy Mallett. Both comedians of the highest order.

Gob Shine Algorithm

Quote from: badaids on January 04, 2023, 11:53:05 AMI've got a signed photo of Phil Mitchell going mad in a JCB and a corner torn off a pamphlet for blood donations signed by Timmy Mallett. Both comedians of the highest order.

God almighty, I haven't thought about Timmy Mallet for decades. I remember at school in the 80's, kids used to play Mallet's Mallet, but in their version, when the game paused because one of the kids hesitated, it was seen as a sign of gayness, and there was sinister right wing overtones. Strange days.

Norton Canes

Got one from Vic Reeves up in the loft somewhere, circa the first series of Big Night Out. Wrote off to C4 to get it. Bit annoyed I didn't ask for Bob to scrawl on it too, especially since they're both in the photo.

badaids

Quote from: Gob Shine Algorithm on January 05, 2023, 08:26:21 AMGod almighty, I haven't thought about Timmy Mallet for decades. I remember at school in the 80's, kids used to play Mallet's Mallet, but in their version, when the game paused because one of the kids hesitated, it was seen as a sign of gayness, and there was sinister right wing overtones. Strange days.

Yeah, I always preferred Tommy Boyd.

And Mallet signed his name inside a mallet with eyes that he drew.

We played mallets mallet too, and any sign of hesitation was seen not only as a sign of gayness (could never be washed away EVER), it also meant you could be bashed on the head LIKE THIS.

Gob Shine Algorithm

Quote from: badaids on January 05, 2023, 10:00:24 AMYeah, I always preferred Tommy Boyd.

Tommy Boyd's Human Zoo on Talk Radio (where mad people phoned up unscreened and made noises like recordings from a haunted house). GREAT days.

I also dimly remember a daytime show where the topic was, "The Nazis? They weren't so bad", and everyone at the radio station walked out. What a scamp.

badaids

Quote from: Gob Shine Algorithm on January 05, 2023, 10:13:45 AMTommy Boyd's Human Zoo on Talk Radio (where mad people phoned up unscreened and made noises like recordings from a haunted house). GREAT days.

I also dimly remember a daytime show where the topic was, "The Nazis? They weren't so bad", and everyone at the radio station walked out. What a scamp.

My favorite Tommy Boyd story was hilarious by accident.

I was listening to Radio 5 the day of the Scottish Cup Final in 1999 between Celtic and Rangers and the pre-match amble host excitedly introduced the injured Celtic Club captain and Glaswegian Tommy Boyd, who wasn't playing in the final.

On comes this excitable bloke with a relatively posh english accent, who was confused to have been invited but absolutely delighted to be on the show but no, he wasn't planning to attend the match as he was at home in Kent, and no he didn't have any idea what the celtic players would be up to in the dressing room, and no, he had no idea how Alan Stubbs was getting on after his cancer diagnosis, or even who Alan Stubbs was really, but he had heard of him.

The baffled host carried on bravely but was clearly wondering who the hell they were talking to as it was clearly not the Celtic captain.  I could tell it was the Real Tommy Boyd from his voice, but the incident was glossed over and not mentioned again.  I'd love to have a recording of it.

lauraxsynthesis

It's taken 18 months, but I found my Peter Cook autograph (top), along with the others I got on the same night in October 1993 - Stephen Fry, Richard Ingrams and Barry Took.

Ferris

Lee and Herring signed things for me (separately). I got into a minor argument with Stew, which I'm pretty sure I've mentioned on here though he did eventually agree to sign my Pea Green Boat EP.

I have a sketch by Neil Gaiman on the wall of my office. Lovely bloke. That's about your lot though.

Quote from: Ferris on June 11, 2024, 02:59:39 AMhe did eventually agree to sign my Pea Green Boat EP.

I'll just say I love the music he used on that.

Rob1969in

got this one , just after The Office 2nd series, if you look closely it has a couple of dart holes ,they would have been added after Derek..https://imgur.com/a/VgogdJH

El Unicornio, mang

Not mine, but my American ex-missus got this. It was actually her parents who got it. They were visiting Harrods in about 1986, saw Palin signing books but had no clue who he was, got a copy of his book signed for her anyway and she's a big Python/Palin fan - she was only about 10 but they showed it a lot on PBS - so was delighted.

Incidentally he visited my school around the same year, there's a couple of photos here of him with my entire class EXCEPT ME because I was ill that day. Nevermind, just missed meeting one of my top 5 celeb heroes because I was probably skiving.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/gallery/around-world-15-palins-6520002

SpiderChrist

Palin replied to a letter from SpiderChrist Jnr when she was about 8 or 9 - her letter explained that she loved Holy Grail and her faves were The Knights Who Say "Ni!".

Got a signed photo back - not of Palin but of the Pythons (the one that was taken at Cannes I think), signed "To SpiderChrist Jnr - NI!"

Probably took him seconds to do but she was so excited when it arrived, and still has it framed. She got Rik Mayall's too but that looked pre-printed with the autograph already on the photo.

Comedy actors Mark Gatiss and Comedy writer Jeremy Dyson. Also both Limmy's books.

Also got a signed copy of Stewart Lee book as a gift for a family member while at King's Place for Beef and Dairy Live.

Once found a copy of Alan Partridge's first book in BHS, signed from Alan "to Michael", disappointed I didn't buy it then.

madhair60

i have a couple of signed lee and herring things and a couple of limmys

when i got the limmy book 1 signed he did Building Bricks for me :)

Tags: