Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 12, 2024, 07:46:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

RHLSTP Revived

Started by Tony Tony Tony, February 08, 2023, 10:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Tony Yeboah on May 22, 2024, 12:20:15 PMJustin Moorhouse is very funny and indiscreet on the latest release. Especially when critiquing Paddy McGuinness' stand-up and John Savident's luvvie credentials.

Came to say very much the same thing. Best guest in some while. Especially enjoyed the Vimto ad story near the start. Then rounded off the end with a fun self deprecating massage tale.

Listening to the Justin Moorhouse episode, and there's a reference at the beginning from Herring anout the episode with Neil Fitzmaurice where some stuff had to be cut out about Peter Kay/Phoenix Nights.
Did we ever find out what was actually said/removed?  Assume a bootleg never appeared anywhere?

Tony Yeboah

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on May 23, 2024, 08:11:01 AMListening to the Justin Moorhouse episode, and there's a reference at the beginning from Herring anout the episode with Neil Fitzmaurice where some stuff had to be cut out about Peter Kay/Phoenix Nights.
Did we ever find out what was actually said/removed?  Assume a bootleg never appeared anywhere?

I was there, and some one else posted the details on this forum at the time, but it was basically about Kay secretly recording people so he could use the conversations to get material. The worst example was attending an AA meeting.

Twilkes

Clip from a Bob Mortimer episode - was this not the one he drove up hours for to replace Bill Bailey, and was meant to be not recorded?

Mobbd

Quote from: Twilkes on May 29, 2024, 10:09:38 AMwas this not the one he drove up hours for to replace Bill Bailey, and was meant to be not recorded?

I was 100% sure you'd be mistaken but you're surely right. How strange.

Treasure though. What a fucking brilliant 10 minutes. Best RHLSTP in absolutely years.

"Upgrade!"

"farmland"

"could you tell me about a Chris that's important to you?"

What a wonderful guest. And Rich seems so relaxed and happy. Beautiful chemistry.

Obviously more would be nice but I'm glad even to have this. I wonder what the real reason might be for non-release?

Snrub

I think the plan always was that the one in Hull on tour in March was the one that was not going be released - this one was at the LST in January.

AFAIK, Bob didn't want the second one to be released, simply because it was only a couple of months since he'd last done one and liked the idea of a more relaxed chat that only existed in the moment rather than anything sinister.

Mobbd

Ah, I see.

In any event, this one is on the main audio feed now.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

The whole chat with Bob is great, as usual, but my favourite bit is towards the end when...

Spoiler alert
... he suddenly realises he's a little bit drunk. There's just something so gleeful about the way he announces it while in the middle of telling a story about his cat's dental problems.

I love Bob.
[close]

Tony Tony Tony

Not strictly a RHLSTP although on same feed, his latest book club podcast with Joel Morris is pretty darn worth a listen. It's about the mechanics of comedy writing which Morris seems have made amusing and informative as well as being the first book club one I have felt inclined to download in a while.

Magnum Valentino

Joel's book's really good by the way

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on June 11, 2024, 09:44:16 PMNot strictly a RHLSTP although on same feed, his latest book club podcast with Joel Morris is pretty darn worth a listen. It's about the mechanics of comedy writing which Morris seems have made amusing and informative as well as being the first book club one I have felt inclined to download in a while.

If you do, there's a thread on Morris' book :D

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on June 11, 2024, 10:30:52 PMIf you do, there's a thread on Morris' book :D

Cheers. Popped over to the thread and have downloaded the audiobook.

madhair60

Watching Ball Show in Cambridge tonight if any CaBers happen to be in residence. I am the fat bald nervous man on his phone whose clothes don't fit

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: madhair60 on June 13, 2024, 06:59:35 PMWatching Ball Show in Cambridge tonight if any CaBers happen to be in residence. I am the fat bald nervous man on his phone whose clothes don't fit

Too big or too wee?

madhair60

Magnum Valentino

Sorry mate I'm actually even in a whole another country

Let us know how it goes but

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: madhair60 on June 13, 2024, 06:59:35 PMWatching Ball Show in Cambridge tonight if any CaBers happen to be in residence. I am the fat bald nervous man on his phone whose clothes don't fit

Add a beard and you've just described a typical RHLSTP audience.

Tags: