Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 19, 2024, 07:34:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bobby Fingers

Started by wobinidan, November 15, 2023, 08:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

There Be Rumblings

AliasTheCat

Really looking forward to the new one. They're always great and The Jeff Bezos boat video is a strong contender for best YouTube video of all time...

The Bumlord

Quote from: AliasTheCat on May 16, 2024, 11:47:19 AMReally looking forward to the new one. They're always great and The Jeff Bezos boat video is a strong contender for best YouTube video of all time...

Stared on in wonder at that one as he actually went and had the arse hair transplanted

Mr Trumpet

Always enjoy hearing him say Laura Hurtada Mires

AliasTheCat

Quote from: The Bumlord on May 16, 2024, 12:12:25 PMStared on in wonder at that one as he actually went and had the arse hair transplanted

So good. Trying to recommend that video to those who haven't seen it and just telling them "It goes in some... unexpected directions."

Proactive

What else is there that's anywhere near this level of mad, devoted creativity? I would fucking love to hear Blindboy talk about this, Christ knows why he's never mentioned it.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

I watched the Bezos video when it was first uploaded.

I went in fully expecting it not to live up to the praise but the sheer level of wit, artistry, imagination, linguistic playfulness and willingness to pursue a silly idea to ridiculous extremes completely won me over. Genuinely remarkable stuff.

Genuinely one of the few things in recent years that gave me a similar thrill to watching something like Brass Eye for the first time.

The way all the entirely disparate elements and ludicrous tangents all swirl around the central project before coming together in unexpected but elegant ways is truly something to behold.

Ron Superior

The Bezos one, while still brilliant, was probably my least favourite so far. For how fun it was seeing him pursue the arse hair bit, it felt a bit forced, and the onstage bit again felt thrown in cos it made him look cool. It was still better than most stuff on actual TV in years, but my favourite was probably the MJ lighter one.

But this latest one was great, and all the avenues it went down felt more organic. Big lol at "because of woke"

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I was introduced to him a short while ago, when someone posted the Steven Segal one in another thread. I was instantly hooked. The phrase, "I will push local dog shit through your letterbox" is one of the funniest things I've heard recently.

Gimmicky as it might be, I'm a sucker for a crossover, so I was pleasantly surprised to see the new one feature
Spoiler alert
Adam Savage and The Slow Mo Guys.
[close]

Quote from: Sexton Brackets Drugbust on May 16, 2024, 10:16:14 PMGenuinely one of the few things in recent years that gave me a similar thrill to watching something like Brass Eye for the first time.
Funnily enough, I was thinking it was a bit of Blue Jam. The rambling narration, with its funny turns of phrase, reminds me of the Man Diaries - while also being completely different. That or something by Limmy (if he could be arsed these days).

Has anyone tried to figure out where the any of the things are buried? It's a cool idea, but I wouldn't have the first clue of how to go about it. Bit of a swizz hiding the clues to the latest one in some book you have to buy, but I guess he deserves some payment for all the work that goes into these videos.

Cold Meat Platter

I rarely laugh out loud on my own.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Mr Trumpet on May 16, 2024, 12:55:41 PMAlways enjoy hearing him say Laura Hurtada Mires

fuck aye

Utter Shit

The bit at the start of the latest one about refusing to say Canada Goose really made me laugh.

Quote from: Ron Superior on May 16, 2024, 10:53:39 PMBig lol at "because of woke"

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on May 17, 2024, 12:45:17 AMI rarely laugh out loud on my own.

Neither do I and even though that gag has becomed a bit of a trope BF delivered it so perfectly I hooted audibly.

Russ L

Quote from: Average Comedy Enjoyer on November 18, 2023, 08:19:49 PMFascinating, good spot. I looked him up on IMDb based on the fact Dad's Best Friend was shown in T2: Trainspotting so he's got a healthy top 10,000 career

Bryan Quinn

Yon feller is in the new one, too.

Small Man Big Horse

Fucking hell, this latest one is incredible. Absolutely agree with the comment about it being up there with Nathan Fielder / Joe Pera / John Wilson, it seems insane that that outside of CaB I've not seen or heard it mentioned.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Hopefully the collaborative nature of the latest one should bring him to a wider audience.

Oosp

I reckon he'll do a diorama of the time Lenny Kravitz's trousers ripped onstage and his old chap popped out

bgmnts

Love this bloke. The Michael Jackson one was laugh out loud funny, making random little Michael Jackson noises every so often.

MrMealDeal

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 17, 2024, 09:22:44 PMFucking hell, this latest one is incredible. Absolutely agree with the comment about it being up there with Nathan Fielder / Joe Pera / John Wilson, it seems insane that that outside of CaB I've not seen or heard it mentioned.

Popbitch mentioned it so I imagine he got a load of views from that

Matthew Dawkins Jub Jub

Just caught up with all of these myself. Stunning work.

phantom_power

Can only agree that they are amazing. They work on so many levels. The projects themselves are fascinating. His voice is ASMR-level relaxing. The voice-over is funny and filled with great lines, delivery and whatnot (the Jackson yelps, the way he says Fabio at random). The little side-questions are either interesting or stupidly funny. His little snatches of candid camera argument with various collaborators are great. It is just top-notch from tip to toe

Proactive

I love that it's something that can only exist because youtube (or something like it) and the Internet more widely is a thing. Imagine pitching this to even the most experimental/not for profit broadcaster.

Russ L

Quote from: Average Comedy Enjoyer on November 18, 2023, 08:19:49 PMFascinating, good spot. I looked him up on IMDb based on the fact Dad's Best Friend was shown in T2: Trainspotting so he's got a healthy top 10,000 career

Bryan Quinn

Yon feller is in the new one too, if you haven't seen it yet.

Hobo With A Shit Pun

As a result of this thread,  I' m now one of Bobby's patreons.  Worth it for his comment on imperial units in the Fabio bonus features alone.

As I'm a cheapskate who only supports two (2) artists, and the other one is Frantic Planet, this means C&B are 100% responsible for my Patreon outgoings.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Proactive on May 20, 2024, 04:25:10 PMI love that it's something that can only exist because youtube (or something like it) and the Internet more widely is a thing. Imagine pitching this to even the most experimental/not for profit broadcaster.

I get where you're coming from but I do find myself feeling like it would have found a place on Channel 4 in the nineties, and that it's rather sad that it wouldn't do so now, or on any other UK channel for that matter.

selectivememory

These are fantastic. I didn't really know anything about Mr Chrome, and assumed Blindboy was the main creative force in the Rubberbandits (which was blatantly unfair and lazy of me), but yeah, I think he's clearly an incredible talent in his own right, and on the basis of these, probably the funnier of the two (much as I love Blindboy, I'm not listening to him every week for comedy as such, though he is a funny guy too).

As to why Blindboy's not talked about these, I do wonder if it's just that Bobby wants to establish himself independently of his Mr Chrome identity, even though it's clear that that's who he is. Blindboy acknowledging that it's him might break the spell a bit. 

phantom_power

It is amazing he is putting so much effort into these videos when other people are doing relatively fuck all to get followers. I am telling everyone I know about him and badgering them until they watch his videos and invariably once they have seen one they are hooked.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: MrMealDeal on May 20, 2024, 09:42:02 AMPopbitch mentioned it so I imagine he got a load of views from that
Slo mo guys and Adam Savage both have released their own videos and they've got just over 20M subscribers between them, so a decent bit of exposure.

McDead

Quote from: Proactive on May 20, 2024, 04:25:10 PMI love that it's something that can only exist because youtube (or something like it) and the Internet more widely is a thing. Imagine pitching this to even the most experimental/not for profit broadcaster.

I could see these on BBC Three or otherwise available on iPlayer. Don't think he's going to need it, though, suspect these are going to blow up in the coming year (as they deserve to, they're incredible)

McDead

Just watched the Jacko one, the payoff is incredible. Absolutely unreal stuff.

Tags: