Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 16, 2024, 04:10:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inside Number 9 - Series 9

Started by Snrub, December 20, 2023, 11:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

They did have popcorn. Sadly not made of dog.

ASFTSN

I'm shite at remembering actors names and/or faces, and the plot of anything I watched or read more than a year ago, so this episode was too clever for me. Biggest laugh was Mark's finger coming in from off phone screen fumbling to end the call. Seems to be impressively constructed based on some of the stuff people here have found though. I will defo miss this being on the telly.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Plunge on June 13, 2024, 10:44:11 PMDidn't really get that but suppose it was a nod to all us OCD CaBbers who like noticing hares and getting references when they constantly re-watch this series

FTFY

Tony Tony Tony

Try as I might I can't figure out why The Krankies are at the wrap party.

Anyone?

Angst in my Pants

I'm really surprised (and impressed) that they managed to keep everything secret until broadcast. Tamzin Outhwaite tweeted that the group shot she was in was filmed back in January.

frajer

Enjoyed that a lot! Definitely a lap of honour, but entirely deserved after 10 years of cracking television, and crucially I'd say it was funny enough that in-jokes weren't the only thing on offer. I'm a fan and I reckon at least half of the references to past episodes went over my head.

Huge roar of laughter at the speed and totality with which Askwith yanked down his trousers for a slash. Reminded me of how toddlers go to the urinal, which they used to great effect for Butters in South Park (image spoilered in case you understandably don't want to see a cartoon bottom on a Friday morning).

Spoiler alert
[close]

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on June 14, 2024, 09:36:33 AMTry as I might I can't figure out why The Krankies are at the wrap party.

Anyone?

Just realised I confused Rilk's screen grab from Peter Kay's 500 miles video with shots from the wrap party...

Quote from: rilk on June 13, 2024, 12:19:29 AM

Apologies for anyone who was unduly alarmed by my ineptitude

neveragain

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on June 14, 2024, 09:54:04 AMJust realised I confused Rilk's screen grab from Peter Kay's 500 miles video with shots from the wrap party...

Apologies for anyone who was unduly alarmed by my ineptitude

June Whitfield would have been a surprise too, though in keeping.

BlodwynPig

Fantastic finale.

Can't wait for the next series

Thosworth

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 14, 2024, 02:43:47 PMFantastic finale.

Can't wait for the next series

I don't know. They seemed to not be getting on very well during most of the episode. Plus if you think about the name of the show, it would be quite poetic for them to stop making them after series NINE ;)

Snrub

Quote from: Thosworth on June 14, 2024, 03:27:08 PMI don't know. They seemed to not be getting on very well during most of the episode. Plus if you think about the name of the show, it would be quite poetic for them to stop making them after series NINE ;)

No, there was a trailer for that bus episode at the end, so series 10 confirmed I think, must have already been filmed

BlodwynPig

Heard rumours the first of next series features the PM being forced to fuck a pig

idunnosomename

When does this Divine Comedy thing start on Amazon then? Whos playing Dante?

dontpaintyourteeth

neveragain

For those that care, the full 'Plodding On' montage (via the uploader misc.mp4):
https://youtu.be/hGLnRNmC3GY?si=8VFYWO2WbsZpAzNi

Matthew Dawkins Jub Jub

I understand people have observed that Reece's reflection appears to have been edited out of every shot where he's present in the bathroom.

Vampire, innit.

Could just be people trying to find references everywhere, of course.

IsavedLatin

Quote from: Matthew Dawkins Jub Jub on June 14, 2024, 07:27:25 PMI understand people have observed that Reece's reflection appears to have been edited out of every shot where he's present in the bathroom.

Vampire, innit.

Could just be people trying to find references everywhere, of course.

I was watching out for his reflections at one point (as I also found myself thinking IS HE DEAD IS THAT THE TWIST) and you can see a reflection of his back at least once in his confrontation with Steve.

idunnosomename

i suppose we're past spoilers now, I keep thinking about the Tim Key bit about snorting coke up a toilet roll tube for a sensible chuckle.

Although if you tore it and pulled it in, it could work? but just like a cardboard elephant I find very amusing

Icehaven

I thought this was great, perfect ending.

Dimbleby

That was terrific.

I give it 18 months before the first, likely hour-long, special airs.

Matthew Dawkins Jub Jub

Time to go Holiday on the Buses! Prestatyn, here we come.

neveragain

Quote from: Dimbleby on June 16, 2024, 05:14:54 PMThat was terrific.

I give it 18 months before the first, likely hour-long, special airs.

They'll be writing and rehearsing the stage show the rest of this year, and that runs from January to April... So if they were quick it could be done by the end of the year/early 2026.
However... I doubt it.
They've said they want to rest and/or work on something in an entirely different arena (like a film). Also, personal opinion here, but surely it would look desperate to return to it too quickly. Could be wrong obviously but I'm banking on some sort of film.

lauraxsynthesis

They also said last year there will be some kind of LoG reunion at some point

Rev+

The format means that it could just drop a special whenever, but I don't see that happening this decade.  If you've been burning through ideas in half-hour episodes for so long, a film or a series with an ongoing story has got to appeal a bit more at this point.

Then again, the play will probably be filmed and televised so yeah, back on TV within 18 months.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

The scene where Reece was bitter about Steve heading off for bigger, better things was surely an Ollie Plimsolls reference.

Icehaven

It was also a bit of a subversion of the usual thing of Reece being the slightly detached and meaner one and Steve being the nice cuddly one. Evil Steve!

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Icehaven on June 17, 2024, 07:20:54 AMIt was also a bit of a subversion of the usual thing of Reece being the slightly detached and meaner one and Steve being the nice cuddly one. Evil Steve!

Yep, a lovely reversal. Reece was really nice to everyone in that episode, whereas Steve came across as borderline psychotic.

Hi Reece/Steve/Robin Askwith.

Pimhole

Quote from: Rev+ on June 16, 2024, 08:18:18 PMThen again, the play will probably be filmed and televised so yeah, back on TV within 18 months.

Really? God, I hope not. I have spent so much money.

neveragain

Quote from: Pimhole on June 17, 2024, 09:23:55 AMReally? God, I hope not. I have spent so much money.

It's quite uncommon for these sorts of things to be televised. The League's last live show did get on but even then that was just the second act.

Pimhole

I banked on them not even touring it, which I think was a bigger gamble.