Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 19, 2024, 06:43:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Peter Kay, first performer new Manchester venue, old material?

Started by TheAssassin, February 19, 2024, 06:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAssassin

What's the betting he's using the same material he used at the Manchester Arena earlier?
It's the largest indoor arena in the UK, so it had to be built to hold his ego and take his weight.

https://themanc.com/whats-on-manchester/peter-kay-to-open-manchesters-new-co-op-live-arena/

Famous Mortimer

Snrub

Well it's in the middle of his current tour that's still probably got another 18 months to run, so I think it's a bit harsh to suggest he isn't writing another two hours show specifically for this one venue

Mobius

his new material can just be remembering his old material. he loves to remember things.

dontpaintyourteeth

Peter Kay has been quite a lazy writer and performer for some years and I'm sure he deserves criticism for that now buuuuut that comment about his weight is a bit shit, isn't it? I reckon it is to be honest.

Mobius

"I saw a fat person wearing a sweatshirt with 'Guess' on it.

I said 'Thyroid problem?' "

- Peter Kay joke

TheAssassin

Quote from: Mobius on February 19, 2024, 08:41:55 PMhis new material can just be remembering his old material. he loves to remember things.

Fat Kay "d'ye remember when you last saw yer cock?"

idunnosomename

his arena tour is basically booked out into 2025 so these tickets are guaranteed to sell like hot cakes, considering they go on sale Friday for exactly a month later. I guess he's just an act it's easy to get that can easily sell 20k tickets, although surely for the opening there will be a lot of corporate comps.

God he must be making a packet off all this

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The Co-op Arena? That's pretty fucking naff isn't it. It's like opening the Tescodome.

TheAssassin

Rev+

TheAssassin

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on February 20, 2024, 12:12:15 AMsadness behind the eyes

this photographer burned a five pound note in front of uk comedians and captured their reactions

Mr Banlon

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on February 19, 2024, 10:51:49 PMThe Co-op Arena? That's pretty fucking naff isn't it. It's like opening the Tescodome.

I think it's something they're proud of up in the Greater Manchester area

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Rev+ on February 19, 2024, 11:58:04 PMYeah check this fat bastard out.

If he loses weight will he be as funny? I wonder do fat comedians who say they can't lose weight because they're the funny fat guy just use it as an excuse to stay fat.

Fair play for dropping the pounds because it must be one of the most difficult things to do.

TheAssassin

Quote from: checkoutgirl on February 20, 2024, 02:09:55 AMFair play for dropping the pounds because it must be one of the most difficult things to do.

Obviously not as difficult as writing funny original material, by himself.

TheAssassin

mippy

They don't call him THE ASSASSIN for nothing! Absolutely bodied. I hope Mr Kay is feeling thoroughly "owned" this morning as he wakes up in his panda pops palace on his mattress stuffed with Woolworths gift vouchers.

mippy

This reminds me of when I clicked on a 442oons video and there was a joke about something being seen 'as often as Katie Price's cervix', which sort of went beyond being a cheap and nasty joke about a laydee to all the way to being incredibly retro in the year 2024. Peter Kay would probably do that gag with Antonia De Sancha in it or something for maximum remembering points.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: TheAssassin on February 20, 2024, 02:32:32 AMObviously not as difficult as writing funny original material, by himself.

He's a popular entertainer, we can certainly agree on that. So we're in agreement.

Tags: