Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 16, 2024, 03:53:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cabsensus: Malcolm in the Middle

Started by bgmnts, May 08, 2024, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliggg

Quote from: druss on May 09, 2024, 10:43:05 AMAs a counter point...

True, that is a good scene but was slightly undercut (for me) by all the other shouting in that episode. Overall though it's still a good show with enough laughs per episode to keep watching.

This is a very obvious scene to post but it's just so fucking funny too.

cliggg

New page prefers less shouting cunt.

Thosworth

Quote from: Midas on May 08, 2024, 08:54:47 PMThis is actually somewhat overstated

That article is somewhat over-correcting. If you read all the quotes from the Steve-O podcast, he absolutely has almost no memory, and the fact he was refuting in this, and the GQ article, was that people thought he was dying.

Petey Pate

One of the best sitcoms ever made, though it is somewhat ironic that the title character is easily the least likeable and funny. The writers seemed to know this themselves, as the show goes on a lot of the plotlines revolve around dunking on Malcolm for being a shitty person.

Midas

Quote from: Thosworth on May 09, 2024, 11:27:47 AMThat article is somewhat over-correcting. If you read all the quotes from the Steve-O podcast, he absolutely has almost no memory, and the fact he was refuting in this, and the GQ article, was that people thought he was dying.

He does admit in the podcast that he has a poor memory of Malcolm in the Middle, but he speculates it's because he was extremely busy within a short timeframe and never watched back the show at the time. It's not quite the tragic story that many believe it to be.

kalowski

BritishHobo

I'm getting close to the end on my rewatch. I think the show really does get a lot more meanspirited as it goes on, for some reason. They seem to lose sight of the original heart that underneath all the chaos, the family still care about each other. Instead everybody seems increasingly out for themselves. Lois, who was the nightmare mother but always with a sense of fairness and justice, becomes a monster who makes everybody miserable just for the sake of it. All of Francis's growth is inexplicably thrown out of the window when the ranch closes. Hal's Christmas Gift is a real low point I think. Everyone is horrible to each other and there's no warmth or love underneath it, they're all just being selfish and cruel for the sake of it.

Tags: