Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 19, 2024, 07:23:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lurch to the Right: Graham Linehan is a Huge Bigot

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 20, 2024, 10:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDanketies

Wow 67. Reckon he uses Just for Men?

There's a good chance he doesn't even have a decade left in this world too; he's already lived longer than my dad managed, and he's a bit portly too. The chances of him ever having a mea culpa moment are vanishingly small.

Lou Lou D

I would prefer the continued separation of threads, because reading about Linehan's pathetic demise is a welcome respite from the frightening levels of institutional bigotry in the UK. He's the crying nazi of terfery, the Richard Spencer punch, the Farage milkshake. He's my go-to when GC horror gets too much

Graham Linehan, Feminist Warrior is by far his greatest comic creation. Pretty much every other GC activist scares me but not the cunt who has gone bananas and sometimes I need to point and laugh.

phantom_power

Wikipedia says he is 55-56. I love the fact that the top line describes him as a comedy-writer and anti-transgender activist. It would be better if it said "ex-comedy writer" though

Barry Admin

Quote from: The Bumlord on May 22, 2024, 10:31:22 AMI'm oft confused by which threads go where. Why is the Mumsnet thread in Picture Box? WHY

Because it's boring as shit, but a few people want to talk about it all the time.  So am I gonna have it clogging up GB? No, I throw it into PB, along with the threads about homebrew and other minor interests.

Can you all please just stop now? 

If you don't want the Glinner threads to continue, just stop posting in them.  This is four years of people trying to force their will on others now. I guarantee, if all the threads get merged, people will then start advocating for a separate Glinner thread again because they don't want to hear about him, or think he's taking up too much space.

It's really frustrating to have to read the exact same meta-commentary for four years now, often by people who don't even post regularly in the threads, but think they should be able to dictate what others do and don't talk about.

Please, I am begging you all, just stop reading and posting to the threads if you don't like them. This is not how the forum is moderated.  I've heard all the discussions now.  All of them. Over and over again.

dead-ced-dead

Barry Admin right now:

Joking. I really appreciate all you do and am happy with the Glinner threads staying put.

The Bumlord

I get scared when there's a notification and it's from Barry, it's like a teacher calling your name at school

MrMealDeal

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 22, 2024, 01:34:11 PMNo, I throw it into PB, along with the threads about homebrew and other minor interests.

Snooker is NOT a minor interest

BritishHobo

He's trying to lean into the divorce jokes, to go "look, I'm in on it too!":

Quote from: https://x.com/Glinner/status/1793297040505503796The only difference between this 'non-binary' bloke and me is that he's still married to a woman.

To be honest I do often find the "how's the wife" replies on Twitter to be pretty weak. There's so much else to ridicule in everything he says.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: BritishHobo on May 22, 2024, 04:58:45 PMHe's trying to lean into the divorce jokes, to go "look, I'm in on it too!":

To be honest I do often find the "how's the wife" replies on Twitter to be pretty weak. There's so much else to ridicule in everything he says.

That and it's a bit cringy to keep bringing his ex back when she's done all she can to distance herself from him. Even if she's not the butt of the joke.

BritishHobo

Aye, it's like how Billie Piper trends every time Lawrence Fox does something. Just leave her out of it.

dead-ced-dead

It's like no matter what they do or how successful they become, they'll forever be associated men who blew their careers.

Both Piper and Serafinowicz can star in/write/create etc as many critically acclaimed TV shows as they want, they'll forever be thought of as secondary to men doing 21st century equivalent of flinging their shit at the wall, and that's gross.

Moj

It's easy to poke at Glinner's sore spot. Fun, too. I don't think there's any more thought put into it than that.

He's a cunt who deserves misery and disgrace followed by a desolate funeral attended by nobody.

I'd quite like it if "how's the wife" were replaced by "how's your mate Joanne" to highlight that even JK won't touch him with someone else's shitty bargepole, but she's not covering herself in glory and renown herself at the moment, so the delicious contrast doesn't work as well.

The Billie Piper stuff seems much more intrusive, it comes across as journalists dragging her into things as a connected Famous Woman whenever Fox has a bowel-voiding tantrum in public.

Oosp

Quote from: George White on May 21, 2024, 10:52:30 PMOnly tangentially related but share and sign this, lads. Important for Irish trans healthcare. A letter trying to get as many signatures as possible in response to the regressive, outdated methods of Irish trans healthcare and local lad Minister Stephen Donnelly not doing what he said he'd do https://t.co/l62Np6o0kc
It's what Glinner doesn't want.

Done, thanks

Duffield wishing GL a 'Happy Birthday' at 5.27pm - just as Sunak was winding up his GE speech.

George White

Kankurette

DJ Bob Hoskins

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 22, 2024, 07:42:18 PMDuffield wishing GL a 'Happy Birthday' at 5.27pm - just as Sunak was winding up his GE speech.

Shrewd move. Now that Hat Trick know it's Graham's birthday, they're bound to apologise for being in the wrong, and ultimately release the Father Ted musical.

wrec

Quote from: Moj on May 22, 2024, 06:51:24 PMIt's easy to poke at Glinner's sore spot. Fun, too. I don't think there's any more thought put into it than that.

It's something he only pretends to be upset about when there's a camera on him or a journalist in the room though, he repeatedly chose delicious curved yellow fruit over family. If you really wanted to upset him you could cite his pathetic Twitter reach or book sales, but he's adept at ignoring that stuff - which is one reason why I don't think he looks in here nearly as much as some assume.

I cringe when people refer to his wife "leaving" him as if it's 1973 and she had to pack up a suitcase and find a job as a charwoman. She threw him the fuck out and wrote some award-winning comedy drama.

damien

Long twitter thread about accounts which supposedly are alts/socks of his. Hard to say but this person seems convinced

https://x.com/girldrawsghosts/status/1792997699047788944?s=46&t=bJOqpCuQneT7ju08y55VSA

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: damien on May 23, 2024, 06:00:19 PMLong twitter thread about accounts which supposedly are alts/socks of his. Hard to say but this person seems convinced

https://x.com/girldrawsghosts/status/1792997699047788944?s=46&t=bJOqpCuQneT7ju08y55VSA

Occasionally see a bunch of these claiming he has multiple sock accounts whilst I could maybe believe it when he was banned, now he's back he needs people to know it's him and I don't think he has enough attention span to run multiple accounts. It's probably more just all the GC lot just parrot the same few phrases they just all end up sounding the same. You could replace most of their online presence with a handful of bots and no-one would notice.

Rankersbo

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on May 23, 2024, 07:37:04 PMOccasionally see a bunch of these claiming he has multiple sock accounts whilst I could maybe believe it when he was banned, now he's back he needs people to know it's him and I don't think he has enough attention span to run multiple accounts. It's probably more just all the GC lot just parrot the same few phrases they just all end up sounding the same. You could replace most of their online presence with a handful of bots and no-one would notice.

I had the theory of "bot" accounts. Many are possibly human operated fakes, many more radicalised individuals repeating the nonsense like robots.

jobotic

Quote from: wrec on May 22, 2024, 10:51:36 PMIt's something he only pretends to be upset about when there's a camera on him or a journalist in the room though, he repeatedly chose delicious curved yellow fruit over family. If you really wanted to upset him you could cite his pathetic Twitter reach or book sales, but he's adept at ignoring that stuff - which is one reason why I don't think he looks in here nearly as much as some assume.

I cringe when people refer to his wife "leaving" him as if it's 1973 and she had to pack up a suitcase and find a job as a charwoman. She threw him the fuck out and wrote some award-winning comedy drama.

I keep saying this but he has described himself what happened. It'll be in one of these threads. His family told him that he had to choose between being part of the family or his idiotic crusade and he didn't choose them. It is all down to him.

Mx Wrongs

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 22, 2024, 07:42:18 PMDuffield wishing GL a 'Happy Birthday' at 5.27pm - just as Sunak was winding up his GE speech.

"found out about the event in Gillingham via social media" - seemed like the most reliable way to reach her.

https://archive.ph/xpMYc

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Rankersbo on May 23, 2024, 08:53:13 PMI had the theory of "bot" accounts. Many are possibly human operated fakes, many more radicalised individuals repeating the nonsense like robots.

I think the sock accounts far outnumber the true believers there have been a few twitter analyses about how they manipulate the algorithm to appear so much larger than reality

Mx Wrongs

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on May 23, 2024, 09:57:40 PMI think the sock accounts far outnumber the true believers there have been a few twitter analyses about how they manipulate the algorithm to appear so much larger than reality

Some of the account types that come to mind from when I've been digging:

• Old accounts (e.g. 2010) with no history prior to 2018, except for maybe one or two tweets per year. These look like accounts that were bought and cleared down. Almost always single-issue.
  • Genuine old accounts where someone has normal tweets right up until the Brexit era, then they seem to go crazy and increasingly spiteful, and remain that way until today.
  • Low-follower accounts, a few years old at most, very limited tweets, usually just one spiteful sentence. I think these are all written by some sort of Stuart Campbell Simulator bot.

Almost none of the transphobic stuff looks organic. It's all posted by accounts that are singularly committed to that cause, never normal people.

Twitter seems more or less dead. I vaguely recall Parag Agrawal saying (maybe just insinuating?) that Musk didn't really understand what he was doing with Twitter and that he'd find out the hard way.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: jobotic on May 23, 2024, 09:22:33 PMI keep saying this but he has described himself what happened. It'll be in one of these threads. His family told him that he had to choose between being part of the family or his idiotic crusade and he didn't choose them. It is all down to him.
Glinner's story has changed several times, but IIRC pre-ban and near the start of the banana-ing he tweeted about taking a Twitter break and couldn't even make it 24 hours. On Christmas.

His ex brothers in law Peter and James, prior to deleting their Twitter accounts, occasionally replied to his cuntery alluding to attempts by the family to get him to fucking stop. In Glinner's mind, James is now part of the huge transgender conspiracy to "destroy a family".

In his shitty book, Glinner recounts a time early in his crusade when he stood on the stairs listening to his family laughing, and knew that if he went downstairs the levity would cease.

Helen's never spoken about the demise of their marriage. Likely because she has two kids whose father is publicly being a huge cunt for all the world to see. But it's pretty clear that Glinner's Twitter addiction and horrible bigotry are why she left.

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: Lou Lou D on May 22, 2024, 01:01:03 PMI would prefer the continued separation of threads, because reading about Linehan's pathetic demise is a welcome respite from the frightening levels of institutional bigotry in the UK. He's the crying nazi of terfery, the Richard Spencer punch, the Farage milkshake. He's my go-to when GC horror gets too much

Graham Linehan, Feminist Warrior is by far his greatest comic creation. Pretty much every other GC activist scares me but not the cunt who has gone bananas and sometimes I need to point and laugh.

I pretty much agree. Yes, people like him are repetitive because they're literally Sideshow Bob wandering around a car park stepping on rakes. But every now and again they'll still manage to surprise us with something utterly hilarious (except finish a musical).

phes

Quote from: jobotic on May 23, 2024, 09:22:33 PMI keep saying this but he has described himself what happened. It'll be in one of these threads. His family told him that he had to choose between being part of the family or his idiotic crusade and he didn't choose them. It is all down to him.

iirc that came in three parts across several months.

I've done my part, it's time to step back (didn't even attempt it)

I'm stepping back now for the good of my family (lasted about 24 hours)

I'm on a promise of one gender critical tweet a day (failed almost immediately)

This dissonance shortly preceded the famous Christmas when he spent that festive period abusing trans people, slid into the new year tweeting 150-200 times 8am-3am, got shitcanned by his wife, then twitter 

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: phes on May 24, 2024, 09:10:39 AMiirc that came in three parts across several months.

I've done my part, it's time to step back (didn't even attempt it)

I'm stepping back now for the good of my family (lasted about 24 hours)

I'm on a promise of one gender critical tweet a day (failed almost immediately)

This dissonance shortly preceded the famous Christmas when he spent that festive period abusing trans people, slid into the new year tweeting 150-200 times 8am-3am, got shitcanned by his wife, then twitter 

I feel as though one day we'll be watching a documentary called Surviving Graham Linehan where we finally get to hear just how desolute everything got behind the scenes.

Spoiler alert
I realise that, as much of a cunt he is, he's not anywhere close to R. Kelly level bad.
[close]

Tags: