Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 16, 2024, 05:19:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lurch to the Right: Graham Linehan is a Huge Bigot

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 20, 2024, 10:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magister

That's really good to read, Rando. My stepson came out as trans 4 years ago next week. I'm still proud that I was the first person he told.

Beloved of Jo

I'm glad to hear that, Rando. Family support really does make all the difference in the world. I've always felt incredibly lucky to have had the support of all of mine, but at the same time sad that this was the exception rather than the rule at the time I transitioned.

God bless good Mr Linehan for showing us everything not to do in life.

Dr Rock

Lovely stuff Rando x

One forum can make a difference...

Mx Wrongs

fucking lol linehan you pathetic sucker of the limp wrinkly farage cock

jobotic

Graham Linehan thinks anti-abortionists and men who threaten women with rape are feminists.

Quote from: Mx Wrongs on June 15, 2024, 01:27:55 PMfucking lol linehan you pathetic sucker of the limp wrinkly farage cock

Have Reform stolen his heart from his beloved Tory party?

Mx Wrongs

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 15, 2024, 02:04:41 PMHave Reform stolen his heart from his beloved Tory party?

lol

Quote from: jobotic on June 15, 2024, 01:38:01 PMGraham Linehan thinks anti-abortionists and men who threaten women with rape are feminists.

The Bumlord

I'm getting the feeling he's not very bright y'know

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Mx Wrongs on June 15, 2024, 01:27:55 PMfucking lol linehan you pathetic sucker of the limp wrinkly farage cock

I've known for a long time that Linehan has aggressively conflated "transphobia" with "feminism" to the point that he maybe even believes it, but still the lunacy of that tweet caught me off-guard.

phes

has this ridiculous cunt not had a Connery yet

Kankurette

How on earth is Nigel fucking Farage a feminist? Don't Reform want to make it easier for deadbeat dads to avoid paying maintenance?

Actually, no wonder Linehan likes him.

Mx Wrongs

Quote from: Kankurette on June 15, 2024, 07:40:41 PMHow on earth is Nigel fucking Farage a feminist?

He'd hold the door for you Kankurette, he'd barge past you just so he could get in and hold the fucking door. That's how much of a feminist he is.

I hope you reconsider your position on this.

Barry Admin

He's not saying Farage is a feminist. He's saying that Hope Not Hate can't be trusted to define the far right.

https://hopenothate.org.uk/2022/03/16/transphobia-and-the-far-right/

@Rando that was beautiful, all the best to you and your child. <3

phantom_power

Some local police Twitter account put out an alert for a vulnerable missing trans girl and Glinner and the GC posse used the replies to be utter cunts as per usual.

I do think that the slight wins they have had recently with things like the Cass Report and a few legal judgements that sort of went in their favour could be their downfall. It has emboldened them to go full mask off and it will put a lot of people off. This sort of thing will make people who are even a bit sympathetic to them take a step back and think about what they are actually supporting

Really going for it with the deadnaming at every opportunity lately, it's sickening

jenna appleseed

****EMERGENCY ALERT tHE Swiss roll has been captured EMERGENCY ALERT*****
I repeat, the swiss roll has been captured.

https://realfood.tesco.com/step-by-step/trans-pride-swiss-roll.html

just saw this and I'm now picturing CGB dripping spittle at the screen in full Daily Male outrage at his fevered imaginings of the mythical 'them' 'transing Colin the caterpillar next'*

(are their any supermarkets left for the bigots too scared of rainbows to shop at?)

(fake edit- OMG there were M&S lgbtq+ Colin & Colin or Connie and Connie romantic caterpillar cakes the other year too lol
https://www.thepinknews.com/2022/02/04/marks-and-spencer-colin-the-caterpillar-cake-lgbt/
+ musn't forget the infamously cringey LetticeGuacamoleBaconTomato sandwich )

eta: sorry, just being very silly (and kinda having gender euphoria at a photo of a swiss roll)

Kankurette

Rando, all I can say is, I wish more parents of trans kids were like you. Welcome, btw.

bgmnts

Quote from: Kankurette on June 15, 2024, 07:40:41 PMHow on earth is Nigel fucking Farage a feminist? Don't Reform want to make it easier for deadbeat dads to avoid paying maintenance?

Are these two things linked? I don't really think any father should he forced to pay child support if they didn't want the child or if they can't etc.

I say this as someone who's life would obviously have been drastically improved by having a father that paid child support.

I can't think of anything more feminist than my mother raising two children by herself though. (Although it takes a village to raise a child etc etc etc)

jenna appleseed

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: bgmnts on June 15, 2024, 08:48:43 PMAre these two things linked? I don't really think any father should he forced to pay child support if they didn't want the child or if they can't etc.

why

Barry Admin

Quote from: bgmnts on June 15, 2024, 08:48:43 PMAre these two things linked? I don't really think any father should he forced to pay child support if they didn't want the child or if they can't etc.

I can't think of anything more feminist than my mother raising two children by herself though. (Although it takes a village to raise a child etc etc etc)

What is it that you think feminism is?

You seem to think it's somehow impressive if a Dad says he doesn't want to contribute to the upkeeping of the kids, meaning the Mum has to do it all/even more. Does that really strike you as fair, socially, politically or economically?

bgmnts

I think a woman is able to raise a child alone.

king_tubby

Quote from: bgmnts on June 15, 2024, 08:48:43 PMI don't really think any father should he forced to pay child support if they didn't want the child

Fuck off.

Kankurette

I know this is OT but the reason I posted it is because of the amount of useless deadbeat dads who leave mothers to do most of the work raising kids, but refuse to give them money for basics like shoes or school equipment. I know a woman in that situation, her husband is loaded but he doesn't give her what she needs even though he can afford it, and he does spend time with the kids so it's not like he has nothing to do with them.

The bit about child support is from here (emphasis mine):
Quote from: dissolute ocelot on June 09, 2024, 06:17:24 PMI had a look at the Reform party policy documents out of curiosity, to see if they could actually be worse than the Tories, and it's definitely every stupid idea the Tories have come up with ever, repeated. Although they do want proportional representation and unspecified House of Lords reforms, that's where the progressiveness ends.

Most of it is stuff like targetting benefit fraud (but not tax fraud), building prisons and re-introducing the "short, sharp shock" for juvenile offenders, reducing fuel duty and energy levies, more bobbies on the beat, ditch the BBC licence fee, save the NHS by encouraging people to go private with vouchers etc, stopping pro-Palestine marches, banning ULEZ and similar schemes, reduce inheritance tax, tax-free shopping for tourists...

There are also anti-vax things like withdrawing from the WHO, and something that's evidently as close to the Reform party's heart as it is to Reclaim's Loz Fox, "reforming" the child support agency so it no longer forces men to pay support. Plus they plan to steal water from the North of England and pipe it to the south.

On another note, that Reform guy who said we shouldn't have intervened in WW2 is a real charmer. From Urban75:
Quote"Ian Gribbin, the party's candidate in Bexhill and Battle, also wrote online that women were the "sponging gender" and should be "deprived of health care"
Amazing stuff

The previous month he criticised women, writing on the site's message board: "Do you think you could actually work and pay for it all too like good citizens?

"Men pay 80% of tax – women spend 80% of tax revenue. On aggregate as a group you only take from society.

"Less complaining please from the 'sponging gender'."

He added that women are "subsidised by men to merely breath (sic)".
He also complained about female soldiers, so he thinks women are sponges who don't work but when women do a job he thinks we shouldn't do, he complains about that as well.

Mx Wrongs

Graham has often told us, saying "Baby needs shoes", that he's a well-intentioned contributor to the material upkeep of his children.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Mx Wrongs on June 15, 2024, 01:27:55 PM

This is amazing when you contrast it with the other shit he's been upto this past week or two:

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 11, 2024, 01:03:35 PM

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 12, 2024, 12:25:42 AM

(Fergus Power)

I just wanted to bring this stuff together after reading through the Hope Not Hate article I linked earlier, and I'd like to highlight this part:

Quote from: https://hopenothate.org.uk/2022/03/16/transphobia-and-the-far-right/Finding ways to insert themselves into ongoing debates and salient issues in mainstream media is an effective tactic by far-right activists, allowing them to access new audiences by showing agreement with one or the other side in issues that receive media attention. There is some evidence that this has already led to overlaps between movements, as well as a potential slip road into far-right politics.

The American far-right "citizen journalist" Andy Ngo, who frequently posts anti-trans content on his social media, attended a conference organised by British group LGB Alliance in October as a member of the press. LGB Alliance is an anti-trans campaign group formed in October 2018. Ngo had left his job as editor of Quillette after it was revealed that he knew that the far-right group Patriot Prayer was planning violence without reporting it. Attending and reporting from the LGB Alliance conference exposed both Ngo's and LGB Alliance's audiences to one another. Another case reported by Trans Safety Network is that of Harry Miller, a police officer critiqued for transphobic tweets, who later went on to join far-right organisation Hearts of Oak.

So what just struck me is how fucking desperate Linehan is now; really actively sucking off the far right in order to get his hatred out there and sell more books.

But when he questions the assertion that Nigel Farage can even be categorised as being far right, he's also going as far as to actively cover for them - he's trying to move the overton window purely to service his grudge.

Quote from: continuedAn example of such a convergence of twisted views is shown by Hearts of Oak, an alliance of far-right and libertarian activists, including Tommy Robinson. The organisation heavily promotes Robinson's project "The Rape of Britain". While he has claimed to expose the sexual exploitation of children by predominantly Muslim men, he has also made multiple videos targeting trans people. In one speech titled "THE TRANS TIME BOMB!!!", he argued that gender-neutral children's books and LGBT+ education in school causes mental health issues, calling it child abuse and comparing it directly to sexual grooming.

Just recently Linehan also appeared with Joey Barton and Sargon.

Sargon argues that Tommy Robinson isn't far right, the way Linehan is now saying Farage isn't far right, and that Hope Not Hate can't be trusted to make such judgements.

I'm just astonished at how quickly he's sliding this deeply into it, it's actually wild to pause and consider how he's actively using people's love of Father Ted to introduce them to complete dirtbags. There's not a wife-beating, tramp-burning, dog-kicking, pro-life, islamophobic piece of shit Graham Linehan wouldn't talk to now in order to try and stoke more hatred against trans people.

This is the dude who claims to "amplify feminists."

If I were Arthur Mathews I would be fucking livid at how he has assumed complete ownership of Father Ted and just used it as fuel for his own personal grievances. Well done mate, you not only drove your family and all your friends away, you've totally devalued the best thing you were ever involved with.

Kankurette

It's telling that he's amplifying MEN instead of women. Including a man who is openly and proudly misogynistic and blames feminists for his sons potentially not being able to play football (he also has a daughter, but fuck her, amirite?), and a man who got his supporters to brigade a DV hotline and is a domestic abuser to boot.

Some women called him out over supporting Barton, and got mansplained at, but it's not enough. I swear Linehan could praise Andrew Tate - Barton is a Tate fan, btw - and his TERF groupies would make excuses for him.

I do still like Father Ted but by golly does Linehan make it hard.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 15, 2024, 08:11:16 PMHe's not saying Farage is a feminist. He's saying that Hope Not Hate can't be trusted to define the far right.

https://hopenothate.org.uk/2022/03/16/transphobia-and-the-far-right/

Oh, right enough.

Kankurette

And the frustrating thing is that even if I wanted to, if I said anything to him, he'd just dismiss me because I have a Palestine flag AND my pronouns in my bio.

(I have him blocked, don't worry)

Tags: