Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 16, 2024, 05:28:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Norbert Smith: worth a look

Started by yeahrightasif, June 07, 2024, 01:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeahrightasif

Harry Enfield's 1989 Norbert Smith spoof British film legend mockumentary is currently uploaded to couchtripper's YT channel. As well as the legendary Renee Ascherson it has one of the last appearances of some the Carry On cast: Barbara Windsor, Kenneth Connor and Jack Douglas in a "Carry on Banging" sketch, a spoof CND protest at Greenham Common. Also appearances by Felicity Montagu and Josie Lawrence. Won't last long.

Ignatius_S

FWIW, it's also been uploaded by other people by YouTube and has been on there for quite a few years.

Gulftastic

Indeed. I often watch the 'It's Grim Up North' bit. Comedy gold.

markburgle

Love the "converted vicarage" gag

neveragain

Quote from: yeahrightasif on June 07, 2024, 01:58:15 PMHarry Enfield's 1989 Norbert Smith spoof British film legend mockumentary is currently uploaded to couchtripper's YT channel.

That upload is missing a bit. If you go to around 3:50 here, it's a punchline to the Man of Music segment.
https://youtu.be/rx3jPQYaEzk?si=BTyWHlrC8tcjRbmz

It's missing on a few uploaded versions, I'm not sure why.

DrGreggles

Sir Donald Stuffy is brilliant.

"We were all there... except me"

non capisco

The Will Hay parody is absolutely perfect.

DrGreggles

Melvyn Bragg is very good too, especially during the Dick Dotty interview.

Brundle-Fly

lauraxsynthesis

Carry On Greenham Common is a fantastic concept. That was fun.

In 1989 Melvyn also played himself in the Mel Smith & Rowan Atkinson film The Tall Guy, presenting a show about a new musical about The Elephant Man. 58.50 in.

13 schoolyards

Quote from: neveragain on June 07, 2024, 08:34:31 PMThat upload is missing a bit. If you go to around 3:50 here, it's a punchline to the Man of Music segment.
https://youtu.be/rx3jPQYaEzk?si=BTyWHlrC8tcjRbmz

It's missing on a few uploaded versions, I'm not sure why.

Didn't the subject of the punchline take legal action?

neveragain

Quote from: 13 schoolyards on June 08, 2024, 11:48:40 AMDidn't the subject of the punchline take legal action?

That would make sense. It's a shame though, rule of three and all that.

Just watched it all again this morning. Excellent work. Pitch perfect and not a bad sketch in it. My favourite has always been Keep Your Hair On, Daddio! for the absurdity of a song to teach him how to make a cup of tea.

Cold Meat Platter

I love the Where Eagle's Dare spoof with the glass of whisky business

Butchers Blind

I loved this when it first aired. As mentioned, the Will Hay segment was spot on.

shiftwork2

Harry Enfield's best work.  Absolutely caned this on the VHS at the time.  Interesting that everyone seems to have nominated a different 'perfect' bit.  I have just rewatched it and it's a close call but "Oh, Mr. Bankrobber (1936)" has it for me, 35 years on.

What's the charge?  Robbing a bank.

kalowski

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on June 07, 2024, 10:13:58 PMCarry On Greenham Common is a fantastic concept. That was fun.

In 1989 Melvyn also played himself in the Mel Smith & Rowan Atkinson film The Tall Guy, presenting a show about a new musical about The Elephant Man. 58.50 in.
Oh, the full version of Elephant! Wonderful. Thanks!!!

Tags: