Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 12, 2024, 07:45:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Three fights, two weddings

Started by touchingcloth, June 09, 2024, 10:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

If anyone has a video file and wants to DM it to me I would appreciate it.

Small Man Big Horse

I just did a quick search and it's £1.89 to rent on Amazon, which seems absolutely mad to me. I mean, I didn't even know Amazon had old tv shows on the site like that, and there's a part of me which is a bit "But didn't the licence fee pay for this?" even though I was still living at home and not paying the licence fee myself when it aired.

Anyway, it's also on Dailymotion - https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8m309d and I'm sure there are sites that make it easy to download videos from there.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 09, 2024, 10:56:00 PMI just did a quick search and it's £1.89 to rent on Amazon, which seems absolutely mad to me. I mean, I didn't even know Amazon had old tv shows on the site like that, and there's a part of me which is a bit "But didn't the licence fee pay for this?" even though I was still living at home and not paying the licence fee myself when it aired.

Anyway, it's also on Dailymotion - https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8m309d and I'm sure there are sites that make it easy to download videos from there.
Personally, I would say £1.89 is very reasonable - I'm a big fan of both video diaries.

I think the price is to buy, rather than rent - that used to be the same price as on Apple. Both video diaries have been sold on home media for years - there was a VHS version and DVD; with the latter it's available as part of a Coogan collection and separately. I believe both DVD released still in print, so it's available on physical media and digital.

Not quite sure what the license fee has to do with the programme. Both video diaries were commissioned at a time when the deal was that it would be shown on terrestrial television with possible home media releases. This was at a time when actors were on the old deal for repeat fees. The idea of video streaming etc. wasn't part of the equation.

Online, it can easily be found through sites like DailyMotion, as you say. However, as this is something that can easily (and cheaply) purchased as an official release, I'd be inclined to recommend that.

Hank_Kingsley

Amazon has a lot of old BBC stuff that's not super easy to just pirate and is priced in that £3 or under sweet spot.

I bought Nuts in May the other day cos I couldn't find any seeded torrents and, yeah, worth it.

I'd spend silly amounts of money if old films were all priced around £1-2, much more than I'd likely spend on a bolt on subscription to a movie channel.

Tags: