Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 16, 2024, 03:43:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy Bang Bang 2024 Tour - Ireland & UK Dates

Started by DrJ, June 12, 2024, 10:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJ

Presale tickets are out today (code: BANG24) for Glasgow, London, Bristol, Manchester and Dublin.  I did not think they'd ever come to Dublin, let alone play a tiny 120 seater venue.  Anyone else looking forward to this?

privatefriend

Thanks I didn't know about this (not listened to CBB in years but would be fun to see PFT live).

Pricey tickets so will hold off for now.

chutnut

Just got tickets for Bristol, absolutely buzzing about this. Comedy Bang Bang is one of my favourite things ever (although I haven't kept up with it for a long time). Definitely expensive but I've been regretting missing the last tour ever since, and this time its at the easiest venue to get to in the world for me so would be stupid not to

BritishHobo

Could be a bit too pricey for me at the moment. I got to see the tour in Manchester last time so should give this a miss, but I'm just leaving this post here for posterity for when I come back in two months' time having bought a resale ticket for three times its original value

Olarrio

I got two tickets for Manchester. I'm very excited. I didnt know the podcast at all when they last came over and love the whole world of it really. I've probably listened to Scott's voice more than anyone's over the last few years with all his various pods.

I'd like my wife to join me but can imagine she'll be distinctly unbothered so I might have a spare ticket if someone fancies it closer to the time.

chutnut

This also reminds me I've had the book sitting around unread for absolutely ages

cacciaguida

Presale sold out in London so going to cross my fingers and hope general sale works out for me

40 quid is definitely too pricey but it's probably the last time they tour they UK so what the hell.

Also think that having listened to the old live eps the shows abroad are the weakest because of the slight reference gap betwixt local audience and US performer. Anyone else sense that?

Mobius

I saw CBB live in Brisbane in around 2016-2017, the only time they've ever come here I believe. It was a lot of fun, just seeing these guys I'd listened to thousands of hours in the flesh. We had Scott Aukerman, Paul F Tompkins, Lauren Lapkus and Mike Hanford which was a pretty solid lineup.

I haven't listened to the show in years, is it still good? I need stuff to listen to, wonder if anyone has done a top 10 of the last few years of episodes or something.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Mobius on June 12, 2024, 11:54:34 PMI haven't listened to the show in years, is it still good? I need stuff to listen to, wonder if anyone has done a top 10 of the last few years of episodes or something.

They still do (a bit bloated in my opinion, but fans seem to love them) best of episodes at the end of each year, that might be a good place to start dipping back in. I only really listen these days if someone I am a fan of is on.

merri

I'd probably say that a large part of my podcasting queue these days is CBB World stuff, Hey Randy and The Neighborhood Listen possibly being my favourites. The main CBB show generally holds up, guest dependent. Not a fan of when they have musicians however.

DrJ

Quote from: Mobius on June 12, 2024, 11:54:34 PMI haven't listened to the show in years, is it still good? I need stuff to listen to, wonder if anyone has done a top 10 of the last few years of episodes or something.

I had drifted a bit but have been listening every week this year having been drawn back in by the Christmas best-ofs and realising what I had missed in 2023: Gil Ozeri as Ned Belanela from ep 799 and Dr Skeleton's Celebrity Toilet are both extremely funny.  So the 2023 Best-ofs are a good way back in.

There has been some kind of split between Scott and Earwolf.  He now records the podcast at home and he became a dad about 18 months ago, so I think the current shows have a nice vibe.  The Ben Schwartz ep from January is a winner, as is the Jon Cryer one.  The protest singer in this week's episode is bound to appear in the best-ofs for 2024. 

Tags: