Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 18, 2024, 09:48:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Justin Lee Collins now

Started by EggsLikeABird, June 15, 2024, 02:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

Bring Back Cunts
Spoiler alert
don't
[close]

Sonny_Jim

I was once taking a piss in a nightclub bathroom when someone tapped me on the shoulder, midpiss.

"Do you know who Justin Lee Collins is?"

To which I replied "err I'm having a piss mate"

He then started flicking through photos on his phone to show me a picture of him and JLC.

"Good for you?" I said, as I shook off the droplets of piss and zipped up my trousers.

Imagine being so fucked on drugs that you feel you need to tell people you've met Justin Lee Collins

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Come cream my back, you bitch.

clarkgwent

My pal was wandering round Bristol taking photographs and needed directions. He asked someone,who turned out to be, and I quote, "exasperated wurzel Justin Lee Collins". I cannot see his name now without that coming unbidden to mind.

Underturd

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on June 15, 2024, 03:03:48 AMI was once taking a piss in a nightclub bathroom when someone tapped me on the shoulder, midpiss.

"Do you know who Justin Lee Collins is?"

To which I replied "err I'm having a piss mate"

He then started flicking through photos on his phone to show me a picture of him and JLC.

"Good for you?" I said, as I shook off the droplets of piss and zipped up my trousers.

Imagine being so fucked on drugs that you feel you need to tell people you've met Justin Lee Collins

I'm disappointed that you didn't shake droplets of piss onto his phone, liberally coating the photo of him and Collins in it.

He's an leonine abusive asshole, end of.

dontpaintyourteeth

I wonder if Alan Carr kept in touch.

(Full disclosure, I encountered Justin Lee Collins a couple of times when I lived in Bristol and he was friendly enough, though as I was neither a woman or in a relationship with him he perhaps didn't see the need to be abusive towards me.)

dontpaintyourteeth

I never took a picture with him and I have never told anyone about this in a nightclub pisser.

Ornlu

I forgive him. Everyone deserves a chance at redemption.

Senior Baiano

He was just trying to get his girlfriend's old lovers back together for a reunion

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Ornlu on June 15, 2024, 12:16:45 PMI forgive him. Everyone deserves a chance at redemption.

were you the abused? if not, you have no right to forgive him.

Snrub

Bad Times

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on June 15, 2024, 12:02:32 PMI wonder if Alan Carr kept in touch

I've been curious about that - I just googled it and apparently they are still in touch at least according to a clip from Loose Women a couple of years ago.

I'll save you the click as he doesn't say much, except they are still friends and Alan believes in second chances and he's a changed man.

Langdale

For reasons of morbid curiosity a year or so back I checked out his twitter account. There wasn't much (obviously) but there was the occasional attempt at engagement ("Who says they should bring back Angel Delight?!") that was deso in its purest form.

Ornlu

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 15, 2024, 01:03:03 PMwere you the abused? if not, you have no right to forgive him.

So only those that were directly involved have the right to an opinion? I don't think all the people calling him a cunt had anything to do with it either.

shiftwork2

I have a signed copy of his autobiography.  I got it in Secret Santa on CaB many years ago.  Hello again to the rascal who sent it to me.  Please supply me with your address.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Has he ever been seen outside of Bristol?

dontpaintyourteeth

Langdale

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 15, 2024, 02:34:37 PMHas he ever been seen outside of Bristol?

I believe he put in the odd appearance at St Albans Magistrates' and Crown Courts.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

badaids

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 15, 2024, 02:42:16 PMBad times.

He knows he's had his share.
His women couldn't leave home for another man.
And judge gave him community care.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on June 15, 2024, 02:57:22 AMBring Back Cunts

He never brought back anything. He just put 3 or 4 elderly actors in a nightclub at 3.00pm in the afternoon. Slightly bewildered at what they were supposed to be doing there. Suppose nobody got anywhere in TV under promising what they were going to deliver.

It's weird listening back to Adam and Joe from around 2004 because Lee Collins is mentioned occasionally and not always negatively. He was getting a push from Channel 4 back then and was pretty big. If he was seen as the next Jimmy Carr for a couple of weeks I wouldn't be surprised.

The Bumlord

I saw him on a Thameslink train shortly after his disgrace and took a sneaky photo. I can't find it.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

He looks like he probably smells of shit.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Ornlu on June 15, 2024, 02:24:18 PMSo only those that were directly involved have the right to an opinion? I don't think all the people calling him a cunt had anything to do with it either.

You can have an opinion, but bestowing forgiveness on an abuser when you are not involved whatsoever just smacks of hubris. It also carries no weight. However, I have reached out to Collins and he is thankful that at least one person has forgiven him.

dontpaintyourteeth

"Good times, Blodders! Good times!"

Perhaps his partner can forgive his abuse; I'm not sure anyone could ever forgive that hairstyle and beard.

Plunge

He looks fucking identical to the last time I saw him

Terry Torpid

Is that really a new pic? He's hardly still flogging his book.