Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:11:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

When did you become completely sick to fucking death of Richard Osman?

Started by yesitsme, April 24, 2017, 08:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Isnt Anything on December 12, 2017, 05:32:27 PM
merton was not impressed bless him although he would have been more blessed if he had actually said anything but you could see he was not impressed which was something. or maybe he did and they snipped it.

i wonder if anybody sends a transcript of it in to obn in private eye whether hislop would print it ?  too late now the new one is out tomorrow

it will still be on iplayer if you want to see it yourself. it was fairly near the beginning. i watched the long version.

I just watched this disgrace to see the reactions. After Merton looks dismayed at Osman's opinion, Hislop says to the inanely clapping audience: 'Can I just say you've all lost your edge. I'm disappointed in you.'

Uncle TechTip

World Cup of Crisps - was he behind this on Twitter? The sort of thing that sounds great in your head, but after the first "match" the joke is already played out and there's still a daunting number of twee comments to go.

Golden E. Pump

I like him, but he's becoming a little bit ubiquitous. He's like Stephen Fry-light.

Frylight?

Get it?

'Cos Frylight is a brand of cooking spray that uses 95% less fat than oil.

Give me all your imaginary karma now.

Isnt Anything

Quote from: asids on December 12, 2017, 05:49:39 PM
The problem with what Osman said about it is that we probably could take joy in it and be happy for him ..... if the wedding and the rest of his life didn't come out of the public purse ..... presenting wall-to-wall coverage of all the developments of this wedding as "news" while our politicians lie ..... etc.

absolutely and thats what I was wanting to say but absolutely failing to do so. thank you for putting it better than I could. now condense to 280 and tweet it at the fucker

Isnt Anything

Quote from: Smeraldina Rima on December 12, 2017, 06:00:56 PM
I just watched this disgrace to see the reactions. After Merton looks dismayed at Osman's opinion, Hislop says to the inanely clapping audience: 'Can I just say you've all lost your edge. I'm disappointed in you.'

yes youre right he did. id quite forgotten that. so yes he probably would take it in obn. in the old days he would prob have put it in himself under ena b maxwell.

the only thing is that the way hislop said it, it was as if he was only saying it because its what he expected of the audience not because he himself disagreed.

Dead Soon

I've mentioned this before, but he is a prime 'here today, gone tomorrow' falling from fame candidate. Not for anything remotely juicy, he'll just one day not be on anything anymore, ALA Nick Hancock, Adrian Chiles.

Phil_A

Quote from: Dead Soon on December 12, 2017, 09:07:30 PM
I've mentioned this before, but he is a prime 'here today, gone tomorrow' falling from fame candidate. Not for anything remotely juicy, he'll just one day not be on anything anymore, ALA Nick Hancock, Adrian Chiles.

Didn't Hancock voluntarily torpedo his TV career in order to pursue a lucrative job offer in the financial world? That seemed such a weird decision at the time, like giving up being a rock star to become an accountant.

Dead Soon

Quote from: Phil_A on December 12, 2017, 09:13:53 PM
Didn't Hancock voluntarily torpedo his TV career in order to pursue a lucrative job offer in the financial world? That seemed such a weird decision at the time, like giving up being a rock star to become an accountant.

That is true indeed, but the point is he was suddenly not on the screen anymore having been once ubiquitous, returning quietly to host Win My Wage to plug the summer gap left by Deal or No Deal taking a break. 2007! Shit. Funnily enough, at a time when Richard Osman to anyone was just a name in the credits of DOND. Fair enough to the guy, he's had a quite lucky career trajectory.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Dead Soon on December 12, 2017, 09:07:30 PM
Adrian Chiles.

QuoteHe was the World Record holder for highest number of kisses received in 60 seconds from 2007 until 2009, with 78

QuoteIn 2004, Chiles appeared with Johnny Vegas and Mackenzie Crook in the film Sex Lives of the Potato Men in a cameo role as the host of a sex party

QuoteDuring Lent 2015, he attended Mass daily and at a different church each time; a total of 46 different churches in 46 days

QuoteIn 2010, Chiles grew a beard

jobotic

I've never seen Sex Lives of the Potato Man. Just been reading about and watching clips.

Jesus wept. Bit of a jump to The Detectorists.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Serge on December 11, 2017, 09:39:53 PM
Having a lot more fun than I've ever had in any job, by the looks of it.

And getting paid a thousand times as much into the bargain. People slag people off for doing telly but if you get in the top few percent of earners then there are few places you can make as much money. Uncouth but also true.

Phil_A

Quote from: Dead Soon on December 12, 2017, 09:20:00 PM
Funnily enough, at a time when Richard Osman to anyone was just a name in the credits of DOND. Fair enough to the guy, he's had a quite lucky career trajectory.

Isn't he the creative director at Endemol or something like that? He probably doesn't even need to appear on screen at all, but he just fucking does.

The story about him fucking over Lucas and Walliams has always made me a bit suspicious of him. I'm not sure I could ever be comfortable around someone that...back-stabby. Knowing that any moment he might decide to push you in front of a combine harvester if he thought it would benefit his career.

jobotic

He's on BBC Sports Personality of the Year now. Eh? 'Cos he likes football?

I think he just did the weather too.

Quote from: jobotic on December 12, 2017, 10:49:33 PM
He's on BBC Sports Personality of the Year now. Eh? 'Cos he likes football?

I think he just did the weather too.

Think I mentioned this previously but he changed the team he supported passionately at like 19 or something, just so wrong to flip flop your club when an adult.

Mini

Here's Osman's full quote about Prince Harry's marriage (emphasis mine) -

QuoteSome people have said: "There's other things going on in the world, why are people going on about it?" I genuinely think, as a country we've seen that little boy grow up and he lost his mum, and he's turned into this rather mischievous, naughty, funny, kind boy and he's obviously met someone lovely and is getting married. I think if you can't take a bit of joy in that, what can you take joy at?

Then Katherine Ryan led the audience in a round of applause. The same Katherine Ryan who, on another episode of HIGNFY, had this to say about the Kardashians -

QuoteIt's a dynasty and it's kind of worth learning about, I think they've earned their place at this point.

Neither of these were jokes by the way. Full-blown arsehole sincerity.

Isnt Anything

i thought the kardashians thing was obvious sarcasm, surely ?

Konki

Quote from: jobotic on December 12, 2017, 10:32:25 PM
I've never seen Sex Lives of the Potato Man. Just been reading about and watching clips.

Jesus wept. Bit of a jump to The Detectorists.

I've never seen Sex Lives of the Potato Men either but part of it was filmed where my mum stabled her horse. Apparently she provided them with a wheelbarrow full of horseshit which appears in the background of a scene. My mum knew. No manners but what a critic.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Isnt Anything on December 13, 2017, 02:51:49 AM
i thought the kardashians thing was obvious sarcasm, surely ?

No, I think she unironically loves the Kardashians. She talks about them them too often and in too much detail to be anything other than a fan.

imitationleather

Richard Osman was on telly talking about the candidates for Sports Personality of the Year yesterday, quite clearly reading all of his facts and insights off a clipboard in front of him. Pro-ning it in.

BlodwynPig

Dead Soon

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 13, 2017, 02:01:58 PM
Katherine Ryan is a hideous, unfunny cunt.

And strangely for a comedian, looks completely humourless. Probably not far removed from those people who crack jokes in the name of 'banter' but get frosty whenever anything is handed back.

yesitsme

The scruffy fucker's been sat on our episode of Pointless for almost a year now.

Not that I'm bothered we were shite on it.

There's just nothing to him. His tweets are pure designed-by-committee regurgitations of what he thinks most people will laugh at.

As it does with all who enter its halls, the mighty Taskmaster revealed the true nature of the man and he was found to be a sly, craven and unfunny prick. Recently did a rewatch of the entire run and his dire Bittersweet Symphony-inspired reenactment of She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain made me want to punch my telly until my fingers snapped.

doppelkorn

I've said it before but I reckon he's a massive, massive cunt in real life. The sort of very clever bastard who'll use every opportunity to fuck anyone over, but he's just about charming enough to get away with it. Plus he's massive, so he could probably smother you with his freakishly big hands and face if you ever squealed.

What gave it away was hearing him on Richard Herring just railroading Rich, always being half a second quicker with the gags and never missing a chance to get a little dig in.

imitationleather

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 13, 2017, 02:01:58 PM
Katherine Ryan is a hideous, unfunny cunt.

I thought she came across very badly on Taskmaster, but I just put it down to me being a massive sexist.

Isnt Anything

i really must start watching this taskmaster thing you all talk about

imitationleather

Quote from: Isnt Anything on December 13, 2017, 04:48:22 PM
i really must start watching this taskmaster thing you all talk about

It's fucking top, mate. Except for series 4. I bailed two episodes in on that one. Absolutely fucking shocking collection of unfunny cunts they got together there.

Phil_A

Quote from: doppelkorn on December 13, 2017, 04:31:00 PM
I've said it before but I reckon he's a massive, massive cunt in real life. The sort of very clever bastard who'll use every opportunity to fuck anyone over, but he's just about charming enough to get away with it. Plus he's massive, so he could probably smother you with his freakishly big hands and face if you ever squealed.

What gave it away was hearing him on Richard Herring just railroading Rich, always being half a second quicker with the gags and never missing a chance to get a little dig in.

Absolutely, and the famous anecdote in Walliams' book adds some credence to that.

I've noticed this occasionally on Pointless as well. Sometimes he'll slip in a little jab at Armstrong that feels like pure vindictiveness rather than matey banter.

Danger Man

Quote from: imitationleather on December 13, 2017, 10:53:04 AM
Richard Osman was on telly talking about the candidates for Sports Personality of the Year yesterday, quite clearly reading all of his facts and insights off a clipboard in front of him.

Don't you mean a laptop that wasn't turned on?