Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:34:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Political podcasts [split topic]

Started by idunnosomename, March 01, 2024, 12:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: phantom_power on March 12, 2024, 10:58:17 AMWhy would anyone think THAT picture would make people want to listen to the podcast?

You know how army adverts seem to be made to appeal to people who are already in the army? Well that but for the commentariat.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Rankersbo on March 12, 2024, 10:16:57 AMDid Baddiel say it in the video?

its infuriating that a lot of his stuff for years was based on an unflattering stereotype of left wing social media users, but now he's trying to present himself as an intellectual he talks in a complete word salad derived the same discourse he used to define himself against. "its exactly that binary...they're not a monolith...a state of exception..."

and to boot, we're expected to believe he's invented it all himself and its his original insights.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: phantom_power on March 12, 2024, 10:58:17 AMWhy would anyone think THAT picture would make people want to listen to the podcast?
Surely hate-listeners are a big market for all of these podcasts?

Video Game Fan 2000

phantom_power

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on March 12, 2024, 02:04:30 PMSurely hate-listeners are a big market for all of these podcasts?

Is it? I don't have time to listen to all the podcasts I like, let alone wasting time on ones I hate that will most likely just confirm what I thought about the participants anyway

frajer

'The Male Gaze' might well be the end of this dunce as anything to be taken remotely seriously by anyone with half a brain.

At the very least, I'm not sure the likes of Stephen Fry, Neil Gaiman, etc. will be rushing to give glowing cover quotes to Baddiel's latest polemic about how it frustrates him that he wants to openly ogle a woman's arse without getting grief for it.

"An important work" - Sir Mix-a-lot

Video Game Fan 2000

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: phantom_power on March 12, 2024, 02:20:57 PMIs it? I don't have time to listen to all the podcasts I like, let alone wasting time on ones I hate that will most likely just confirm what I thought about the participants anyway

I suppose the one good thing about hate-listening is you'll probably feel less bad about dozing off to it and missing it. I'm always sticking on something at bedtime and missing most of it.

Video Game Fan 2000

shit probably exists to fill a gender quota and give a diversity consultant nepo hire something to do

oh GOD we need women speaking uninterrupted for at least thirty minutes, lets just get the three wrecking moonbats in to make "MEN -_-" jokes and then one can chime in with 'the straights are at it again' and then we're fine to go back to having Eamonn Holmes sieg hieling while fucking a dinghy during a refugees autopsy for the rest of our programming....  call it Cockwomble Pod or Bonerfied Politics or something to take the piss, they wont give a fuck

Video Game Fan 2000

and make sure they all like they all look they're trying to sell bootleg 54321s and White Stripes tshirts outside Barfly in 2003, ah fuck the hoop earrings are in her contract dont worry i'll have them photoshopped in

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 12, 2024, 02:40:13 PMI suppose the one good thing about hate-listening is you'll probably feel less bad about dozing off to it and missing it. I'm always sticking on something at bedtime and missing most of it.

Same. I haven't finished a podcast unless its one of those 15-20 minute creepers, in 6 months

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on March 12, 2024, 03:06:00 PMand make sure they all like they all look they're trying to sell bootleg 54321s and White Stripes tshirts outside Barfly in 2003, ah fuck the hoop earrings are in her contract dont worry i'll have them photoshopped in

The veiled contemptuous smirks on Beth and Jess's faces, they can hardly contain themselves.

gilbertharding

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 11, 2024, 11:27:28 AM

Jesus wept.

What is that image even supposed to convey about the podcast? Apart, that is, from "here we are, all three of us literally enjoying the smell of our own farts."

Dr M1nx PhD

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 11, 2024, 11:27:28 AMPossibly should be a separate thread on terrible celebrity podcasts that monopolise the market to push out amateurs, but get a load of THIS

Jesus wept.

If, as the hilarious name suggests, we're supposed to be thinking about floppy cocks, why are they all looking up? Is there a giant in front of them with his massive giant floppy cock out? Or is it a normal size man, but for some reason those three are at a height that's lower than his floppy cock?

They're all kneeling waiting to eagerly gobble down Sir Rodney's plonker, but the beige man is so uninspiring that he cannot arouse himself despite the incoming action (general election).

JP should be suspended for participating in the shameful propaganda that is pushing the narrative that there's no point in voting this year because it's all a fat load of shit.

idunnosomename

sorry but this one is hilarious too. The rebranded Times Red Box (talk about a! etc) pod

Matt "melted waxwork" Chorley

idunnosomename

WAIT A MINUTE....

Ferris

I thought "The Male Gaze" was a joke until I googled it. An idea so dogshit that it becomes difficult even for friendly media outlets to ignore what a moron you are.

Video Game Fan 2000

please spoiler screen caps of Dizzy Heights Hotel some of us still have nightmares

Cold Meat Platter

idunnosomename

another one by Sam "uwu im just a smol bean who used to work for Michael Gove while he was eviscerating UK education into the sorry state it is today and now i reflect on thats kinda bad, sorta, subscribe to my substack" Freedman and Ayesha "hipster analysis" Hazarika, now Baroness Hazarika for her services to the Labour right which no one seems to mention for some strange reason.

they need a pair of headshots where they're like "ugh! whats going on! why am I in a toilet!!" or they'll never make it on wherever you get your podcasts

Nice recommendation, I suppose if you're absolutely fucking obsessed with politics you'll love it.

BlodwynPig

Techhead Terry needs to get dialling in on these dolts

wrec

Glebe

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 13, 2024, 11:29:09 PMsorry but this one is hilarious too. The rebranded Times Red Box (talk about a! etc) pod

Matt "melted waxwork" Chorley

Chuckling away at this. Reckon this guy deserves CaB meme status.

Phil Cool Brundleflied with Jasper Carrott.

BlodwynPig

Arise, the new clown jesters of this political age.

Ray Travez

...taking a sideways glance at shenanigans in Westminster