Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,802
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:47:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BREXIT GOES BACK AND FIFTH

Started by Replies From View, January 21, 2019, 10:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where you at?

May's agreement
4 (4.6%)
No deal
12 (13.8%)
General election
9 (10.3%)
Cancel A50
44 (50.6%)
Vandalising my cock and balls
7 (8%)
Syndicating every boat I row
1 (1.1%)
Fish heads, fish heads, eat them up:  yum.
7 (8%)
Wearing a test tube over my knob and wanking the test tube with a tea cloth
3 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 87

garnish

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 09, 2019, 07:32:51 PM
Indeed leaving the EU is a kind of death penalty for you isn't it?

Reading this garbage is a kind of death penalty I think.

ToneLa

TODAY'S BREXIT WEBDOMAIN CHECK:

Let's have some eyecandy on this new page

Replies From View

That would make sense if Brexit was called "Brexis".

ToneLa

Quote from: Replies From View on February 10, 2019, 02:04:21 PM
That would make sense if Brexit was called "Brexis".

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/brexisnt

I've also seen BrexNot, which is even further from working...

brexidiot.co.uk is available
£0.01

garnish

Quote from: jobotic on February 10, 2019, 10:00:23 AM
So Biggy, you were intensely relaxed about the Seabourne deal. Still feel the same way? Or are you confident you can blame it on the EU or remainers that you hate so much rather than the Tories that you were so happy to defend?

Not at all surprised to see Remainers crowing about a business going under if it supports their point.  Let Grayling get on with Brexit without these silly comments about pizza menus and the wrong shape of bananas, for God's sake.

Get Dave Davies in there now - people up and down the country and calling out for his return.

ToneLa

Quote from: garnish on February 10, 2019, 03:00:47 PM
Not at all surprised to see Remainers crowing about a business going under if it supports their point.  Let Grayling get on with Brexit without these silly comments about pizza menus and the wrong shape of bananas, for God's sake.

Get Dave Davies in there now - people up and down the country and calling out for his return.

👏

Uncle TechTip

ToneLa

Is the question mark part of it?

If not, a 317th of my Universal Credit payment can afford it!

brexitainthappening.com
£0.99

Just checked a sorely tempting one...

buckfrexit.com
£0.99

If only because...

fuckbrexit.co.uk is taken

Worth a visit to be honest! http://fuckbrexit.co.uk

greencalx

I've always thought it should be Brexeunt anyway.

Buelligan

Quote from: greencalx on February 10, 2019, 07:21:39 PM
I've always thought it should be Brexeunt anyway.

Pursued by a bear market?

Isnt Anything

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 09, 2019, 06:28:35 PM
The one interesting thing about this is you could remove a single poster and the forum would be 90+% remain.

That is not normal.

That fact must drive you berserk as a dedicated contrarian.  Your unthinking loyalty to standing out here forces you to be more mainstream outside this place.

ToneLa

He'd rather blame us than blame his fellow believers who don't show up! Not even a single negative word for them...

They exist, right?

hummingofevil

This embarrassment of flesh is piping up again.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/11/brexit-uk-military-defence-gavin-williamson

Brexit = new military base in South East Asia wasn't something I remember debating at the time. Empire-fantasy Tory scrot. But remainers are the new Empire or something.

Did make me laugh that one of the solutions to future warfare is "new technologies"; nice stock talking-bollocks answer for every Brexit policy.

Cyberwarfare increases. Looks like Integrity Initiative are in for a Brexit-bonus.

BlodwynPig

QuoteWilliamson is expected to conclude: "Brexit has brought us to a great moment in our history. A moment when we must strengthen our global presence, enhance our lethality and increase our mass."

...before taking out a large pistol and doing "the right thing".

biggytitbo

Williamson is a national embarrassment, although his ambition here ironically appears to be extremely similar to the EU's.

Paul Calf

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 11, 2019, 06:50:56 AM
Williamson is a national embarrassment, although his ambition here ironically appears to be extremely similar to the EU's.

It's like you've almost worked it out.

jobotic

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 11, 2019, 06:50:56 AM

Own it. If he had "Brexit is bad" written across his tits you'd be telling us to. He's one of yours.

biggytitbo

Williamson is a remainer. But he's also a non too bright duplicitous overly ambitious shitbag doing some obvious spinning.

jobotic

hummingofevil

Willamson voted to remain as far as we all know but has fully embraced Brexit with enthusiasm. Which if nothing else dispels the argument that leaving would be easy if remainers wanted it more.

Everyone else on both sides of argument sees this as exactly what it is; a cringe-worthy call for UK military expansion with nods back to the Empire. Whether people like that or not is one thing but invoking whataboutism hère as a deflection is another denial about what are actually the ideals of the red, white and blue Tory Brexit we are getting.

biggytitbo

I think the actual point here is its nothing to do with Brexit (other than PR opportunism from Williamson), this is our policy in or out - and in both cases we'd have the EU completely on board. What Brexit would do is apparently leave us diminished on the global scale and give us less scope to be throwing our weight around like its 1900 again, which can only be a good thing. I hope the remainers are right about that one.

Howj Begg

hummingofevil

Can anyone smarter than me explain the "good for the economy"argument? British pensioners living out in Spain buying property with disposable income are moderate spenders but low tax payers whilst using local services and health system. What is the truth here?

biggytitbo

Are Spain not reciprocating then?

hummingofevil

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 11, 2019, 08:24:32 AM
"Proper Europeans" FFS!

I heard that a few times and penny didn't drop what he meant. I thought he meant himself as a "European Citizen" but he means white people doesn't he? Urgh.

hummingofevil

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 11, 2019, 08:26:12 AM
Are Spain not reciprocating then?

I don't know. I heard someone claim that it's cheaper for UK to reimburse Spain to treat pensioners there than bring them back here. Also broadly, i would guess people have fewer health issues living out in warm weather.

I just get impression the Brits in Spain immigrants think they are good for economy because they spend money whilst they see poorer immigrants moving to Britain as being bad for economy as they are working to earn money. Especially with the "they send the money back home" comments.

Just want to know truth about whether Spain would miss the ex-pats or not or has it always been a benefitial compromise as a lot of young Spanish people like to come to UK to work.