Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:32:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Air (French band)

Started by Peacock Johnson, November 13, 2023, 07:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Air have announced a European tour playing Moon Safari in full, just one UK date though 😔.

I do like Air even if they have made some dog egg stuff like Love 2 but Moon Safari and Talkie Walkie are great albums.

10,000 Hz Legends is actually one of my favourite albums ever, I love it to pieces (deffo one for the Difficult Follow Up album thread).

So, Air then...

dontpaintyourteeth

Unpopular opinion I expect but I never rated Moon Safari that much. The Virgin Suicides and about two thirds of 10,000hz Legend are great though.

Kankurette

I saw them at Primavera a few years ago, would recommend. Shame they're only doing London though.

jobotic

Loved Moon Safari when it was new but lost interest quite quickly. Should probably listen to it again sometime.

LordMorgan

Moon safari had lovely moments

Sebastian Cobb

Yeah I think there's probably about an album's worth of stuff I enjoy spread over several albums. Virigin Suicides was great as well (only recently saw that and on a big screen, was amazing).

Red82

Kelly Watch The Stars is a brilliant track.

dontpaintyourteeth

fuzzyste

trying to find out how much tickets for the London shows are? seems to be absolutely fuck all info online, I'll be down in London seeing The Smile the day before so would be a nice little one two to go see this.

their best album is talkie walkie, actually had that one the other week there for the first time in years and forgot how good it was....one of the few well produced godrich albums.

lankyguy95

Forgot these were on sale. Sold out now

fuzzyste

I got onto ticketmaster and all they had left was platinum tickets for £132 each...

non

dontpaintyourteeth

Good Hank

Brilliant. Rinsed Moon Safari so entirely on its release I haven't been able to hear it since without picturing myself sat at the kitchen table trying and failing to finish my homework.

Premiers Symptomes is a great little album too.

Good Hank

Bonus points to every television director that made a direct link between 'La Femme d'Argent' and that year's World Cup.

Glebe

Their remix of Beck's 'Missing' is fantastic:

You listen to the original song after that and it's like the remix was the original and it's had the melody removed:

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Good Hank on November 17, 2023, 08:29:02 PMPremiers Symptomes is a great little album too.

Love it. It's a pre-debut album compilation of their singles and EPs isn't it?  Much like Broadcast's Work & Non Work, The Beta Band's The 3 EPs, and Lemon Jelly's LemonjellyKY'. All four of those comps are still my favourite albums by said artists.

Good Hank

Mildly incredible to think that Air were briefly so well known that Lucas and Walliams could take the piss out of them in an episode of Rock Profile.

jobotic

Quote from: fuzzyste on November 17, 2023, 07:27:42 PMI got onto ticketmaster and all they had left was platinum tickets for £132 each...

non

Kelly Watch the Finances

jonnyunitus

Shame it's sold out and they are not doing any other uk dates. Saw them play the inaugural Bluedot festival a few years back, they were very good. Supported Jean-Michel Jarre who was playing frickin laser beams

Royal Albert Hall gig on 30 May announced

Moon Safari anniversary edition out today with a rarities disc.

imitationleather

25th anniversary edition? It came out over 26 years ago! Stop getting yourselves wrong, Air!

Will give it a listen though, I like the different versions that were on the expanded 10th anniversary edition they did.

Kankurette

One of my mates went to Austria to see them in a theatre. He's never seen them before and it was well worth it. (I'm not a huge fan but they are good live, and I do like Moon Safari and the Virgin Suicides soundtrack.)

Clownbaby

I know it's a basic take but Sexy Boy sounds exactly like what it is. Sounds like a sexy boy. I instantly see a flawless male catwalk model in my head the second the song starts, and damn, is he sexy.

greenman

Quote from: Good Hank on November 17, 2023, 08:29:02 PMPremiers Symptomes is a great little album too.

Thats my most listened to Air CD, indeed one of my most listened to albums in general, great early morning music.

Moon Safari always felt like it was a bit of a halfway point between that earlier sound and the poppy orb like sound of Sex Boy. Stuff like La Femme Argent, All I Need(actually a reworking of the earlier Les Professionals), Talisman, You Make It Easy are more retro easy listening akin to the earlier stuff but with more a more commercial edge.

shoulders

Quote from: Good Hank on November 18, 2023, 10:02:17 AMMildly incredible to think that Air were briefly so well known that Lucas and Walliams could take the piss out of them in an episode of Rock Profile.

Also got a gag in Family Guy, which I think, using my special measuring equipment, is demonstrating your point significantly more than a niche British comedy series.