Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:45:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Northern Boys - Party Time

Started by madhair60, September 20, 2022, 10:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lauraxsynthesis

I love their World Cup song. The GLC one on the other hand is disappointingly poor

Sebastian Cobb

This one's from a couple of years ago but even more angry.

Patrick sounds like Limmy doing Phil.

dead-ced-dead

And Patrick Karneigh Junior is back:

TheGingerAlien

Malcy

It's banging, was waiting on the video premiering. Don't think I've ever done that before. Give us Norman Pain next then a full Snooker Team and affiliates session like the BBK 1Xtra 60 Minutes live. Imagine this with that lot.

TheGingerAlien

RHX

Love it. Might be their best one yet.

Malcy

I dunno, good but wasn't overly impressed on first listen.

Twit 2

Funny lines but tune's not as good. A step down.

dead-ced-dead

Not as good as the first two, but I love Norman Pain's new direction.

QDRPHNC

Here's another football song:

Local news article about said song.

"It's already been voted the best World Cup song by the Asian Times."

I only know of it's existence as it seems to have been made by a film production group in Bognor Regis and somehow I ended up with a bunch of the master tapes off some dead chap in Portugal.

Sorry for thread derail.

Malcy

Hoping Norman Pain is next up for a Sindhu Sesh. I'd like to hear a bit more from the Snooker Team as well.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: QDRPHNC on March 23, 2023, 07:25:43 PMHere's another football song:

Local news article about said song.

"It's already been voted the best World Cup song by the Asian Times."

I only know of it's existence as it seems to have been made by a film production group in Bognor Regis and somehow I ended up with a bunch of the master tapes off some dead chap in Portugal.

Sorry for thread derail.

QDRPHNC

According to the Asian Times, the best World Cup song.

Ron Superior

The Northern Boys: certified woke! Lovely stuff. Yeah, I don't think it's possible to match the pure magic of Party Time but this had plenty of great lines in it. Love 'em.

non capisco

I found the chorus very uplifting given, y'know (gestures around the British political landscape) everything. Plus "I'll be sitting on the bog just hobbing a wonk".

Oosp

The Northern Boys can do no wrong.

Quote from: Malcy on March 23, 2023, 07:26:28 PMHoping Norman Pain is next up for a Sindhu Sesh. I'd like to hear a bit more from the Snooker Team as well.

Yeah, Norman Pain is genuinely my favourite rapper. His Sesh will be insane.

Can't wait for the next Windowframe Cypher - last one was fire, every single verse. Literally name a better posse cut

Norton Canes

Excellent. They're like the Barron Knights on tadalafil

Malcy

Malcy

Oosp

PRESALE TODAY EVERYONE
TICKETS FLYING OFF THE BASTARD SHELVES

HERE

madhair60

will be at london one. hope they're still funny in October

Malcy

Quote from: Oosp on March 30, 2023, 05:22:13 PMPRESALE TODAY EVERYONE
TICKETS FLYING OFF THE BASTARD SHELVES

HERE

Forgot I had signed up for the pre-sale and didn't see the email. Went to book it, work got busy and now not available. Going to have to be on the ball on the morning!

Oosp

Malcy

Sorted, looking forward to this even if it is months away!

dead-ced-dead

Something that probably only amuses me and no one else as a big New Girl fan, but it seem Lamorne Morris (Winston) is a fan of The Northern Boys. He also follows PKJ.

king_tubby

Have we done the latest Pete and Bas?

wobinidan

Quote from: Oosp on November 25, 2022, 06:34:01 PMname a better England football song.

I'll never get tired of being the only person who remembers this song. Also, lots of references to the news from 2012 which are very cute these days.

As for this, I know the general consensus is that it's not as good as Party Time, but as a trans person who loves edgy humour and really enjoyed Party Time, I was just waiting for the moment where they say something really problematic and I frown and stop listening to them.

But instead I got an actively, aggressively trans positive song. And that was genuinely touching, and a couple of my trans friends expressed the same sentiment. There are so many cunts in the world who don't think twice about shitting on trans people, and many of them are old white men. The fact that these 3 are prepared to very visibly be the total opposite of that is worth a lot. Thanks Norman <3