Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:29:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hi, recommend me some wireless earbuds please, cheers

Started by The Mollusk, September 04, 2023, 07:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven88

Has anyone got a pair of Jabra Elite 4 earbuds? I can't decide between them and the Sony WF-C700 or wether either are any actually any good. Those Melomania cunts have put me off buying new earphones.

fuzzyste

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on September 07, 2023, 10:57:00 PMI've been using those same ones as my main headphones for the past couple of years for listening to music and mixing audio (the Iron Man coloured ones because I'm a twat). I recently switched to wireless earbuds for when I'm out and got these, which I find are a good equivalent, really decent sound, good bass. Currently a third off the £90 RRP so that'd a fair bit of change left over from your budget

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09FKGJ1CB/ref=pe_27063361_485629781_TE_item?th=1

Yeah so as mentioned I bought this and they are already broken, left bud just won't charge at all. Thankfully mr Bezos giving me the cash back

Memorex MP3

Quote from: Proactive on September 04, 2023, 03:36:49 PMI've got the Sony WF 1000 MK3s and the sound is great, but the battery life is absolute toilet (probably about 3-4 hours.)
I had these but had to return them because they didn't work with my ears at all.

Saw a lot of reports saying the battery life deteriorates a lot after a year but from what I saw it was exceptionally easy compared to most of these kind of things to replace the batteries with new ones (which cost like £5)

greencalx

Quote from: Steven88 on November 18, 2023, 01:12:41 AMHas anyone got a pair of Jabra Elite 4 earbuds? I can't decide between them and the Sony WF-C700 or wether either are any actually any good. Those Melomania cunts have put me off buying new earphones.

The Sony ones were category winners in this year's What HiFi Awards, if you consider that in any way meaningful. I got a cheap pair of earphones a few years ago, deliberately so as I wasn't sure if I'd get on with them. I do, but although they're a bit fiddly to use and the sound quality is so-so, I'm happy enough to keep using them till they break. But if I were looking to upgrade I'd definitely consider the Sony.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 13, 2023, 09:38:59 AMWent rogue and got myself a pair of these:

https://kz-audio.com/kz-zs10-pro-x.html

£50 and they sound flipping great. Decent bass but the clarity of everything around it is very spacious and crisp. Comfy fit, no annoying cable noise (which I'm told is called "microphonics"), and they look nice. I am happy.

Disaster! Got home last night to find only one of the buds in my pocket. No idea where the other could be, had been on 4 buses, umpteen shops, 3 bars, a theatre, a lovely c&b'ers car and a taxi. Was walking the streets with a torch last night in case it had fallen out of my pocket when I got out of the cab.

Are they just useless now or can you just buy one of the earpieces (not the foam bit, the whole attachment)?

The Mollusk

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 02, 2024, 12:51:23 PMDisaster! Got home last night to find only one of the buds in my pocket. No idea where the other could be, had been on 4 buses, umpteen shops, 3 bars, a theatre, a lovely c&b'ers car and a taxi. Was walking the streets with a torch last night in case it had fallen out of my pocket when I got out of the cab.

Are they just useless now or can you just buy one of the earpieces (not the foam bit, the whole attachment)?

I ain't got a scooby mate sorry!