Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:49:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Atom TM / Uwe Schmidt

Started by Vodkafone, February 24, 2024, 12:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vodkafone

I've only just discovered this guy through his Wavetables album - ultra minimalist, heavily engineered sound experiments, proper headphone music. If you had it on quietly in the background you'd think nothing was really going on in there but with headphones, and ideally a bit of weed, there's a lot more happening. Turns out he's released a shit ton of stuff over the years in various guises, has anyone got any ideas of where to go next with his intimidating back catalogue?

I just listened to this one very loud with lots of bass and it shit me up

chutnut

Love most of the stuff I've got by him, some of its a bit too novelty for me. Havent heard that wavetable stuff, sounds nice so far.
These are probably my favourite albums:

gabrielconroy

Yeah he's great and very prolific. Love how precise it all is. For a completely different angle check out his salsa covers of Daft Punk, too.

The F Bomb

Liedgut stands above everything else I've heard, but it's not something to have on in the background necessarily, it's like a series of disparate sketches and experimentations on similar themes that sometimes align and you get the odd brilliant standalone track. It's fascinating, though.

I also enjoyed parts of his HD album, some extremely clinical pop-funk exercises. It's pretty fun and sometimes intolerable. This is my favourite, just a rolling house groove with some sprays of white noise:

It's kind of cleansing but not advised if you have tinnitus.

jobotic

Really enjoyed that one F-Bomb, and the first one chutney posted.

I know the Erik Satin stuff because Vicki Bennett played it.

I'll find the song that he sampled for the second part of the second one when I get the chance. It's amazing.

Fake edit: found it

Key

I have enjoyed bits of this guys stuff over the years but he seems very hit and miss. His discography suggests lots of shit thrown at at wall to see what sticks, and a lot of very arch tongue-in-cheek stuff which isn 't normally my wheelhouse.

The higher profile Atom TM records on Raster Noton are quite good though, and I absolutely love the Lisa Carbon Trio album on Rephlex which on paper sounds totally wank as it is ambient cocktail jazz. Hope to discover some more stuff in this thread.

chutnut

This was unexpected...

https://twitter.com/Atom_TM_news/status/1765785794281722318

QuoteOut now on NN: Servant of the People [Woke Series]
Through sonic intensity and a resolute rejection of sociability, this track, the inaugural piece in a series of four, strongly critiques the crudeness of contemporary retardedness.

Definitely not going down well