Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:18:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

General Erection

Started by pancreas, October 24, 2019, 04:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

lmao heidi allen isnt standing

BlodwynPig

Harry Badger

The December date could be a blessing in disguise. Elderly voters, frightened by years of fearmongering and racist invective in the right-wing press will be too scared to venture out to vote after dark, even for Boris.

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: Harry Badger on October 29, 2019, 02:21:31 PM
The December date could be a blessing in disguise. Elderly voters, frightened by years of fearmongering and racist invective in the right-wing press will be too scared to venture out to vote after dark, even for Boris.

Old cunts do it by post.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 29, 2019, 02:02:25 PM
lmao heidi allen isnt standing

in Cambridge or wherever the fuck she's currently squatting. Her statement didn't say anything about not standing elsewhere.

holyzombiejesus

I'd laugh if Labour scheduled the GE on the Sabbath.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on October 29, 2019, 02:24:30 PM
in Cambridge or wherever the fuck she's currently squatting. Her statement didn't say anything about not standing elsewhere.

The statement did say a lot of stuff about being exhausted by personal abuse and the safety of her staff. Not that it means anything, but I suspect she has found an even cushier way to live than as an MP. Thanks for the crocodile tears, wretched excuse for public service and real juvenilia.

greencalx

The bill has been opened for amendments. Could be interesting.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: greencalx on October 29, 2019, 02:37:44 PM
The bill has been opened for amendments. Could be interesting.

I really, really hope 16 and 17 year olds get the votes.

SteveDave

Praying for a harsh winter.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Cuellar

Voting day public holiday

Peston says:

Government is now threatening to pull the general-election bill if Labour insists on amendment to enfranchise 3.4m EU citizens. It all gets crazier

Cuellar

Rich Uncle Skeleton

greencalx

Every time Boris threatens to pull the bill, the amendment in question gets passed.

But won't it go through on the nod again like last time...?

greencalx

But then, if it gets pulled prior to the third reading, then I guess Corbyn can go for a confidence vote instead.

Cuellar

Sky person saying

QuoteThree Labour-backed amendments set to be tabled (although other MPs will table more) 1. Changing election date to 9 December 2. Votes for EU nationals 3. Votes for 16/17 year olds. The last two are not expected to be ruled in order even though they have support.

Don't know what that means

greencalx

Quote from: Cuellar on October 29, 2019, 02:54:24 PM
Don't know what that means

I think the clerks get to decide if an amendment is within the scope of the bill (this would be ruling it in or out of order). So they may say this is not a bill about the franchise of general elections, but a bill about holding a general election.

I guess this is to stop random amendments being tacked onto each and every bill.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Harry Badger on October 29, 2019, 02:21:31 PM

In marginals the Tories will be laying on taxis and ubers for them (I was offered one in Hendon by Labour 2015). I hope Labour can do the same, and wonder if Lib-Dems have the budget.

There's also now talk of making election day a national holiday which would be a good idea.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Dr Rock on October 29, 2019, 03:04:44 PM
In marginals the Tories will be laying on taxis and ubers for them
even worse. have you seen the darkies that drive them? not risking that

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Dr Rock on October 29, 2019, 03:04:44 PM
wonder if Lib-Dems have the budget.

In my experience, the libdems are shit hot at a very local level in terms of organisation and lifts etc. Keeping promises and not being disingenuous cunts, less so.

holyzombiejesus

QuoteThe Labour MP Paul Farrelly told the Commons he would not vote for an early election. Intervening earlier in the debate, Farrelly said:

[I'd] encourage as many of my colleagues as possible to defy the threats and blandishments to do so because the reality is that the uncertainty of an outcome of a general election certainly does not take no-deal off the table.

"Jumping before he's pushed" & "good riddance" - reaction from readers as Newcastle MP Paul Farrelly reveals he's standing down at next election.
https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/jumping-before-hes-pushed--3294525

Cunt just wants a few more pay packets, doesn't he?

Replies From View

Blinder Data

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on October 29, 2019, 02:25:17 PM
I'd laugh if Labour scheduled the GE on the Sabbath.

Er, what? I know it's a tongue-in-cheek comment but it gives the impression you're blasé about anti-semitism.

Beagle 2

A lifelong Labour supporter and member just told me he doesn't know who to vote for despite living in an area that is currently Tory where only Labour have a chance of kicking them out. Just because Corbyn. I don't understand.