Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:44:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Started by thelittlemango, March 28, 2023, 07:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

Nintendo have posted a 30 minute concert of Zelda Music.

It's a bit odd that there's no audience, but it's otherwise great. The Link's Awakening medley is especially good.

Unrelated, but I've also just finished my second playthrough of Tears of the Kingdom. After feeling like I spoiled my original playthrough a bit by hoarding all the materials for armour upgrades, I went in this time deliberately trying to make the absolute most of everything. Use all the most powerful monster parts. Build the best machines and not worry about what I was missing on the surface.

Vastly improved my experience of the game, tbh.       

BritishHobo

I'm nearly done with my first playthrough - had a very long break, then bought Super Mario Wonder, and immediately picked this back up again, and have played absolutely none of Wonder.

What I love most about this game is that when you finally collect all of/do all of something - be it completing every shrine, or setting off every lightroot - the game essentially just shrugs and goes "big fucking whoop, who gives a shit?"

Kelvin

One mechanic I really appreciated this time around was the unique weapon perks. Zora weapons getting a huge boost when wet was something I totally ignored first time around, but when I realised it could double the damage output, I started saving them for caves, rain, or just covering myself in water before a difficult fight. I was massacring Gleeoks left and right with a Lynel horn Zora spear.

Milo

Aye, in most games these sort of bonus things wouldn't be worth the bother but some of them are huge in this.

Might complete it today. Had held off to do more side stuff but I think it's time.