Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:00:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer VIII: Labour will set you free

Started by pancreas, March 16, 2022, 08:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neville Chamberlain

Aww, look at his little face :-) xxx

Bernice

Tony Blair's said some words to the BBC, which the Guardian have dutifully re-spunked out of their news cock. You don't need to read them, you know the gist.

Also offered his views on the coming force in British politics:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/06/29/tony-blairs-verdict-keir-starmer-lacks-ideas/

(Can't read the article because of the paywall)

Thank you.

Some classic Kieth in there amongst Tony's wittering:

QuoteAsked about shadow cabinet ministers reportedly claiming he was "boring voters to death", Sir Keir replied: "I was sitting around a big table with CEOs from some of the biggest bodies and corporations around this country.

"And we were having a very serious discussion about what they expect from government. None of them said 'a few more jokes, please', 'a bit of a laugh'... They all said we want a government which has a very clear sense of its mission. Boring wasn't on the agenda."

Sebastian Cobb

Still sounding like a patronising secondary head then.

oggyraiding

When I read anything Starmer has said, I hear it in Matt Forde's voice. I know Forde voices Starmer in Spitting Image, but Starmer and Forde have fused into one entity in my mind. An amalgamation of pure centrism.

Old Thrashbarg

Was it really a "big table" or is that just classic Starmer over-exuberance, the exciting, engaging, non-boring person that he is?

Fambo Number Mive

More likely a toilet door balanced on a black & decker workmate effect.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: oggyraiding on June 30, 2022, 03:10:22 PMWhen I read anything Starmer has said, I hear it in Matt Forde's voice. I know Forde voices Starmer in Spitting Image, but Starmer and Forde have fused into one entity in my mind. An amalgamation of pure centrism.

I'm starting to read it in the intentionally slightly poor Duncan Smith's voice.

Video Game Fan 2000

"what do you say to people who say voters dislike you?"
"sod them all, CEOs love me!"

leader of a party called "labour"

boki

Quote from: oggyraiding on June 30, 2022, 03:10:22 PMWhen I read anything Starmer has said, I hear it in Matt Forde's voice. I know Forde voices Starmer in Spitting Image, but Starmer and Forde have fused into one entity in my mind. An amalgamation of pure centrism.
#PoliticallyBoneless

QuoteAnd we were having a very serious discussion about what they expect from government

They were having a discussion about what the CEOs expect from a Labour government - not even attempting to be subtle or circumspect about it, is he?

I'm beginning to think that this Keir Hardie fellow is less left-wing than I'd been led to believe.

jobotic

I know doctors, lawyers, dentists - important people.

Buelligan

Well, at least Crobbins' not running things, eh?

Video Game Fan 2000

a recently scary thing about Starmer is that he's shown himself to be someone who is overly taken and flattered by people taking him to be an important man. obviously loves status, loves the thought of himself of PM. those following his career more closely than me probably not surprised by this in the least but its a bit shocking how open he is. blair and cameron at least moderated their obsession with image until they were elected. starmer seems to think he doesnt need to

jobotic

I saw Starmer buying lunch at Unison headquarters once. Which I think is in his constituency.

He was on his own.

Johnny Yesno

A big table and some of the biggest bodies. Ooooh! I'm all impressed now.

Blumf

Very important men with very expensive suits.

Sebastian Cobb

You wouldn't know these very important businessmen they go to another school.

Ferris

Don't suppose they run FirstRail or P&O?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 30, 2022, 07:41:56 PMYou wouldn't know these very important businessmen they go to another school.

A school with very big tables.

Ferris

Buelligan

Because we can't have jam tomorrow unless the important businessmen 'n girls are making a big important profit, children. 

That is why we have never sorted out looking after the vulnerable and poor, because we've never, ever, ever, managed to make those important people a whopping big enough profit.  Simples.

If we all club together though and wish really hard, vote for Special Keith, maybe Santa will come this year!  What do you think?  Shall we try it again?

Video Game Fan 2000

Andrew Ridgeley's let himself go... gammony.

I've worked out who he reminds me of:

The very boring & wooden PC who featured in later series of Heartbeat.

Buelligan

He reminds me of a self-serving turncoat cunt.