Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:16:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

American sweets we actually like

Started by George White, March 28, 2024, 11:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George White

I like Mounds, the dark chocolate Bounty variant from the States. It tastes pretty much the same, but also has the cardboard strip as mourned by John Shuttleworth.

I've never had LifeSavers, but am fascinated by them, a. cos they're proto-Polos, and b. their co-founder invented ABC TV.

Kankurette

perplexingprocrastinator

Quote from: George White on March 28, 2024, 11:30:12 AMMounds

An incredible name. Mmmmm, can't wait to tuck into a delicious mound.

Me, I like these:

Catalogue Trousers

Kankurette

Dex Sawash

lauraxsynthesis

Nerds. I've probably got a cavity or 2 as a result of binging on those when I was an undergraduate

Dex Sawash

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on March 28, 2024, 12:15:29 PMNerds. I've probably got a cavity or 2 as a result of binging on those when I was an undergraduate

Nerds ROPE

checkoutgirl

Payday, salted peanuts rolled over a nougat-like sweet caramel center. It might benefit from the fact that it has no chocolate and therefore no American chocolate in it. Either way it's eminently toothsome.

dontpaintyourteeth

thr0b

Hershey Cookies and Creme is the only bar with Hershey branding that is both edible and delicious. Though incredibly sweet, so one a year is enough.

Chollis

Kankurette

Hershey Bars were such a disappointment. As were Pop Tarts. And Twinkies. Twinkies are not food.

M&Ms can get in my mouth though.
Quote from: extraordinary walnuts on March 28, 2024, 12:01:10 PMFudge Tunnels
Butthole Surfers

American chocolate is generally trash but I do like a York's Peppermint Patty every now and again.

Sour candy is my weakness. Sweet Tarts, Warheads, Smog Balls, Jelly Belly Sours, Mamba Sours, nom nom nom

Kankurette

Are Lay's crisps the Yank equivalent of Walkers?

Senior Baiano

I'll take you to the candy shop
I'll let you lick the lollipop
Go 'head girl, don't you stop
The candy really means my cock

Quote from: Kankurette on March 28, 2024, 01:11:57 PMAre Lay's crisps the Yank equivalent of Walkers?
I suppose so? Frito-Lay makes all kinds of snacks (corn chips etc) but I'd class "Lays Chips" as yer bog standard, cooking crisps.

El Unicornio, mang

Ironically my favourite American snack is based on one of the most British characters

Don't like regular Hershey bars but Hershey Symphony bars are really nice

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: perplexingprocrastinator on March 28, 2024, 11:45:10 AMAn incredible name. Mmmmm, can't wait to tuck into a delicious mound.

Me, I like these:

Cab username going begging there

Stoneage Dinosaurs

You know what, I like Oreos. Fuck off

Edit: soz George white this wasn't aimed at you, there was a thread on here ages ago

you can get Oreos in basically any flavour now, these ones have Space Dust in em. I mean, what?

Pete23

Love me some Jelly Belly jellybeans and Charlston Chews - a bit like the old Texan bar. Also loved the Hubba Bubba soda if I was lucky enough to find a shop that sold it.

George White

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on March 28, 2024, 01:23:00 PMIronically my favourite American snack is based on one of the most British characters

They also think he's a Cockney, because to the Americans, Hartlepool does not exist.

Mr Vegetables

All Oreos are space dust, if you think about it

canadagoose

Quote from: Kankurette on March 28, 2024, 11:30:51 AMReese's peanut butter cups.
Yes! I'm so glad these are widely available now, even in the pishiest of corner shops.

I like Hot Tamales too. We don't have enough spicy cinnamon-flavoured things here. Or anything with that Concord Grape flavour. Don't get me wrong, I like blackcurrant, but I really like that grapey flavour.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Going America soon and want to get some M&M flavours we don't get over here

bgmnts

The American palate must have been white phosphorus'd by this point, but I tried a Sour Patch Kids Lollipop, thinking it'd be a sort of Sherbet Dib Dab (which I have fond memories of), and well:

Twilight bars and Cleo's peanut butter cups are lovely though.