Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:16:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sam Campbell UK tour

Started by Tiggles, October 06, 2023, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiggles

Second time in Sheffield tonight, decided to pop over as I was offered a ticket. If anything, more sensational than Salford. Utter chaos from the outset, technical faults adding to the joyful-barely-in-control feel. Can't stop grinning.

Spoiler alert
In tongue-lollers corner, he started off with "you know I was recently in Sheffie... oh, I'm here now..."
[cue semi-hysterical giggling]
[close]

For those in the US - his agent announced a May date in LA today and said more dates to be announced tomorrow.

Ja'moke

The Sheffield show was fanastic.

Spoiler alert
I assume the mic problems at the start were a genuine fuck up with the venue and not part of the show, though it did lead to him having to to say "I'll only say this once" again.
[close]

Tiggles

Quote from: Ja'moke on March 28, 2024, 10:16:35 AMThe Sheffield show was fanastic.

Spoiler alert
I assume the mic problems at the start were a genuine fuck up with the venue and not part of the show, though it did lead to him having to to say "I'll only say this once" again.
[close]

Yes none of the big fuck-ups happened in Salford on Saturday. It's great how he makes sure they only make proceedings even funnier.

DrGreggles

Went (again) last night to the tour finale.
Fair to say that there were certain last day at school vibes, as Sam had the cheekiness turned up, but probably even funnier than the first time.

It was my mate's introduction to Sam, and at the interval she was searching to see if there was more of his stuff out there.
Suffice to say he's made a new fan.

Tiggles

He's playing some shows at The Clapham Grand in mid-July, tickets through Dice. They have been listed under "Sam Cambell" instead of his usual artist listing (at least for now), just search for Wobservations.

Tiggles

Oh and the first episode of Lucy & Sam's podcast is ludicrous. It's the antithesis of most "comedy" podcasts and I couldn't stop laughing at the fact they have made it at all (and noted the complete lack of adverts, is that even allowed on Plosive?).

Literally thought they were going to spend three quarters of an hour doing a forensic breakdown of Sam's "song". They should just stick this on Resonance FM where it truly belongs.

cheesebot

don't know if this is old news, but just got an email saying more dates added

Angst in my Pants

Yes and two of the shows at Clapham Grand are being filmed, which is rather exciting news!

Tiggles

Quote from: Angst in my Pants on March 29, 2024, 08:06:40 PMYes and two of the shows at Clapham Grand are being filmed, which is rather exciting news!

I just spotted that on my ticket too! The two consecutive shows thing on the Thursday makes more sense now.

Presumably it won't be for his YouTube this time as that filming will be expensive - wonder if it's for Netflix, seeing as though he's playing their festival in LA?

More dates ... but unfortunately (for me) Liverpool didn't get rescheduled.

Apparently he revealed the winner of Taskmaster 17 @ his show last night.

DrGreggles

Quote from: TheDevilPuppet on March 29, 2024, 11:31:46 PMApparently he revealed the winner of Taskmaster 17 @ his show last night.

No apparently about it!

Tiggles

Quote from: TheDevilPuppet on March 29, 2024, 11:31:46 PMMore dates ... but unfortunately (for me) Liverpool didn't get rescheduled.

His management sent out a newsletter update yesterday saying that they are working on a replacement Liverpool date and it will be coming soon.

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 30, 2024, 12:24:16 AMNo apparently about it!

How did he do it - Was it intended as a spoiler or was it part of a joke? Also, is it correct?

Quote from: Tiggles on March 30, 2024, 07:03:02 AMHis management sent out a newsletter update yesterday saying that they are working on a replacement Liverpool date and it will be coming soon.
Sweet.

DrGreggles

Quote from: TheDevilPuppet on March 30, 2024, 07:19:49 AMHow did he do it - Was it intended as a spoiler or was it part of a joke? Also, is it correct?
Sweet.

Seemed like a genuine slip.

He was doing some crowd work and Taskmaster was brought up, at which point someone said the new series was on right now.
Sam then started going "New series? THERE IS NO NEW SERIES! I AM CHAMPION FOREVER!" and that sort of thing, and (can't remember the exact wording) mentioned one of the current contestants in his faux rant about other Taskmaster winners.
Someone in the audience said "have you just done a spoiler for who wins this series?", and he looked very (and genuinely) sheepish and said "Pretend I never said that..."

Tiggles

Additional date for The Lowry just popped up when I looked for 1 June tickets just now, for 31 May. Not on sale yet. 1 June nearly sold out.

I imagine there's another Liverpool date about to pop up too.

Tiggles

Second Perfect Brains podcast up. Tim Key verbally slapping Sam about is truly beautiful.

SteveDave

Quote from: Tiggles on April 05, 2024, 09:19:03 AMSecond Perfect Brains podcast up. Tim Key verbally slapping Sam about is truly beautiful.

After listening to this episode, I think we can be safely assured that Lucy Beaumont is not a character act. Unless her mum is too. I walked to meet some friends listening to this yesterday and I don't remember laughing out loud in the street as much to a podcast before. Every story was weirder and unsettling than the last from her mum.

Des Wigwam

Hello thread - the Sian Docksey gig for Mach Comedy Fest has been cancelled and Sara Barron is performing in her place.

A quick google search of CaB shows one mention - and it's in relation to hot-topic Sam Campbell.

Has anyone seen her? Got an opinion?

Have first dibs on tickets but Jess Fostekew or Molly McGuinness (an unknown for me) are on at the same time.

Also - well aware that asking this sort of thing is a bit like asking if I will like strawberries, for example.

edwardfog

Quote from: Des Wigwam on April 09, 2024, 09:32:32 AMHello thread - the Sian Docksey gig for Mach Comedy Fest has been cancelled and Sara Barron is performing in her place.

A quick google search of CaB shows one mention - and it's in relation to hot-topic Sam Campbell.

Has anyone seen her? Got an opinion?

Have first dibs on tickets but Jess Fostekew or Molly McGuinness (an unknown for me) are on at the same time.

Also - well aware that asking this sort of thing is a bit like asking if I will like strawberries, for example.

I don't think there's any relation between Sam Campbell and Sara Barron so this may not be the best thread to ask in but out of that group, definitely see Jess Fostekew. Sara Barron is one of those angry "ranty" comedians like Jen Brister. She's never been very good when I've seen her

CaledonianGonzo

I saw her that the Fringe a few years back and she was pretty good - frank, filthy stuff - but poles apart from Cambo.

Des Wigwam

Quote from: edwardfog on April 09, 2024, 09:47:40 AMI don't think there's any relation between Sam Campbell and Sara Barron so this may not be the best thread to ask in but out of that group, definitely see Jess Fostekew. Sara Barron is one of those angry "ranty" comedians like Jen Brister. She's never been very good when I've seen her

Thanks - appreciated. re: Sam C - I just glanced at the mention (possible in this thread) and it was some podcast appearance is all - not a direct connection to style etc.

Yes - I think I will go for Jess Fostekew. Had wanted to see her and Sian last year so should stick with the plan. Thanks anyway @CaledonianGonzo

For info @CaledonianGonzo - Kiri PM is touring the foster carer show now under the title Peacock. I think it was you who saw her at Edinburgh last year.

CaledonianGonzo

Yes - was an interesting show.  Looks like the cats now out the bag on the subject matter.

Des Wigwam

Also - just realised I meant this to go in the "What Stand Up..." thread! Obvs did my search and then just clicked to add a new post.

edwardfog

Sam's episode of the Some Laugh podcast is the best audio Cambo content we've had in a while

Tiggles

Quote from: edwardfog on April 11, 2024, 11:35:18 AMSam's episode of the Some Laugh podcast is the best audio Cambo content we've had in a while

Spotify link here.

It's good, isn't it. They must have had to go for a lie down in dark room afterwards.  There's the standard "press 'Go' on Cambo" racing mind stuff but they also ask some good comedy/ working in comedy questions and he actually answers them! Thoroughly enjoyed "I don't support *much* violence".

Spotted a print interview in the Australian press too - non-paywalled version here . It's one of those where they seem to want to fill in his back-story and he really isn't having any of it.

frajer

Quote from: edwardfog on April 11, 2024, 11:35:18 AMSam's episode of the Some Laugh podcast is the best audio Cambo content we've had in a while

Cheers for the recommendation, I hadn't heard of the podcast before but realy enjoyed that. Will definitely be checking out more episodes.

Absolutely relentless, isn't he, the man of Clan Campbell. Actually got aching cheeks from grinning so hard and so often after that.

So many good bits but I particularly enjoyed his exclusively headbutt-based fighting tournament, and the idea that performing a headbutt killed your brain cells but also stole the equivalent brain cells from your enemy. Chuckling again just typing that!

Plunge

I've yet to laugh at anything I've seen from this boy.

edwardfog

Ah I feel bad for you. I guess I don't believe in having a bad sense of humour per se but I'm glad I have the right sense of humour to find Sam Campbell funny. I was totting it up this morning and I've seen him do nine different live shows, almost all five star smashes. I think he's made me laugh more than any other comedian at this point

SteveDave

Apologies if this has been posted before but his Comedy "Blap" from 2019 is OUTSTANDING.

Is the thing he's done for Channel 4 that finished filming last year more of this? I am hoping so.

Ron Superior

"What can I say? I'm the luckiest guy in the world!"

Was the thing he was filming for C4 the Local Legends show that went on his YouTube, or was there something else?