Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:30:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Beth Gibbons is back

Started by Oosp, March 13, 2024, 12:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oosp

Absolute legend Beth Gibbons, of ye Portishead, is back. She's got a new album, Lives Outgrown, coming out on May 17th and the songs on it were recorded over the past 10 years. Here's the first single (it's gorgeous):

Interesting to see her collaborate with a second Talk Talk member - this time it's Lee Harris. Last time around, of course, Paul Webb (aka Rustin Man) was her collaborator on 2002's masterpiece Out of Season. Which means she has now made an album with each member of 'O'rang, a band she once auditioned for. James Ford is on production.

And Tony Oursler, who did Where Are We Now? for Bowie, directed the video. Thumbs up.

It also looks like they could be on their way to recording another album together.

Out of Season is one of my favourite albums. Anyone else?

Beth Gibbons is back!

Noodle Lizard

(in case you haven't heard it already, her performance of Gorecki's Symphony of Sorrowful Songs conducted by Penderecki from a few years ago is outstanding - the sort of thing you wouldn't think works nearly as well as it does)

McFlymo

Out of Season holds so much for me.

I had it on a loop when I lived in England for a few years, so it always takes me back there and to a time when I was lost and naive, but also young and optimistic.

It's also just a gorgeous album, I love the production, love everything about the vocals. etc.

I'm so excited to hear the new album, Floating On A Moment is a great sign of what's to come in May!

Oosp

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on March 13, 2024, 01:35:21 AM(in case you haven't heard it already, her performance of Gorecki's Symphony of Sorrowful Songs conducted by Penderecki from a few years ago is outstanding - the sort of thing you wouldn't think works nearly as well as it does)

Yeah, incredible work

poodlefaker

Def. stoked for this. Love Out of Season and Herd of Instinct, also the two Rustin Man albums from a few years ago. Very much up my strasse.