Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:28:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The very, very best House music thread

Started by Pingers, October 02, 2020, 09:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: monkfromhavana on November 15, 2022, 09:11:51 PMI'm sure you've all see this, but still

Haha, fuck me. TBF to Michael that's decent advice for DJs in 2022 and just shows how the game's changed but as Farley is pointing out its the punters that lose out.

As well as the copious amounts of excellent productions/remixes Terry Farley has released himself Junior Boy's Own has a fair claim to the greatest British house label of all time and introducing Underworld and the Chemical Brothers to the world is just the cherry on top.

Anyone else used to post on the Faithfanzine forum? I miss those days.

phes

Wouldn't hurt him to crack a smile tho

Agreed re Michael. One thing I found out the painful way while trying to get a modest YouTube channel for DJ mixes off the ground is that a huge amount of successful stuff is rubbish, like, actually incompetent. And your efforts to produce something better quality are unlikely to be seen/recognised

Quote from: phes on November 16, 2022, 10:38:58 AMWouldn't hurt him to crack a smile tho

😄

Quote from: phes on November 16, 2022, 10:38:58 AMOne thing I found out the painful way while trying to get a modest YouTube channel for DJ mixes off the ground is that a huge amount of successful stuff is rubbish, like, actually incompetent. And your efforts to produce something better quality are unlikely to be seen/recognised

I find a lot of the post pandemic house stuff on the the youtube playlist channels such as Slav, Houseum, Vibing Spot stuff is ok and competent(ly produced) enough, just kinda formulaic - I dunno if it's the rise of sample packs and Splice etc but it all sounds like it comes out of the same studio and bores me.

Anyone recommend any other YT playlist channels?

-----

I liked this from today

and this one is new to me, lovely atmosphere

monkfromhavana

Thought I'd give it a bump for a couple of gorgeous deep house numbers from the mid 90s

Paul Russaw - Thoughts Of You

Deviants - Being Someone Else

cosmic-hearse

I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of house music - especially more recent stuff - but I'm a big fan of Matt Warren

monkfromhavana

MK on the remix in 1992

Fabulon - Say Anything (MK's Deep Dub Remix)

Vodkafone

Quote from: cosmic-hearse on April 07, 2023, 01:15:42 PM

I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of house music - especially more recent stuff - but I'm a big fan of Matt Warren

It's nice to see the old thread still going.

I'm not completely sure how I feel about that track, but I like how it has clear elements of electro, piano house and disco all wedged in there.

Vodkafone

Vodkafone

I recently discovered this beast while researching the bleep techno thread. Bass!

phes

This one passed me by on original release, I was never the biggest Ricardo Villalobos fan but this is lovely.

Vodkafone

Treasure trove of Mauruce Joshua interviews with original Chicago house producers on this channel

https://youtube.com/@everythinghousemusicandmore?si=74LGA1BAAcpPW9Q3