Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:11:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Film Screenshot Game

Started by Harpo Speaks, March 14, 2011, 01:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Ignatius_S on December 14, 2011, 02:38:03 PM
Is that Roland Young? (On the left, I mean.)

Yes. Bloody hell, you're good, sir.

Go on...

Ignatius_S

Ha, that's about as far as I can place it - it's not one of the Topper films is it?

Brundle-Fly

Ignatius_S

The Man Who Could Work Miracles?

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Ignatius_S on December 15, 2011, 08:31:01 PM
The Man Who Could Work Miracles?

Yes. Well done. I love that still of the angels.

Ignatius_S

It's such a lovely image - the first one was bugging me because I just couldn't place it!

Not fantastic image quality, so I've made it large...

Brundle-Fly

Ignatius_S

Nope, it was actually a few years earlier - think more along the lines of one star.

Brundle-Fly

So come on Ignatius, it's been over a fortnight; what is the film, I'm stumped and intrigued.

Ignatius_S

It's from Mae West's Belle of the Nineties and taken from this scene - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuwHRRxIYyQ

Anyone want a go?

jutl

Quote from: Ignatius_S on January 04, 2012, 02:01:43 PM
It's from Mae West's Belle of the Nineties and taken from this scene - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuwHRRxIYyQ

Anyone want a go?

on Mae West?

DJ Solid Snail

Sure, I'll bite:

Clue: it's a woman holding a cat

Dead kate moss

Is it 'The Lady Who Wore Her Watch Far Too High Up Her Arm'?

DJ Solid Snail

No, to both. I was trying to avoid being too obvious, but I suspect I might've gone too obscure. So, hint: it shares a connection of sorts with Badlands.

Ignatius_S

Ah, in that case, I'll go for The Sadist, which is on a St Clair Vision Psycho-Rama collection that I have.

DJ Solid Snail

Yes! An ace film it is, too. I had no idea it'd had any kind of commercial release. Its copyright's run out, hasn't it?

Ignatius_S

Quote from: DJ Solid Snail on January 05, 2012, 06:50:15 PM
Yes! An ace film it is, too. I had no idea it'd had any kind of commercial release. Its copyright's run out, hasn't it?

Yup, absolutely cracking film! Pretty sure that it's now in the public domain as it's usually those films that are on the type of compilation I've got and it's the sort of film where the copyright is allowed to elapse - pretty sure it's had a couple of individual DVD releases.

Anyway, here's another chiller:

Eis Nein

It can get tasty on Skegness Prom of an evening.

Ignatius_S

*Clue* It's black and white. Also, I'm afraid Eis Nein dropped a red herring as most of the action takes place onboard a ship.

kidsick5000

Quote from: Ignatius_S on January 10, 2012, 11:12:53 AM
*Clue* It's black and white. Also, I'm afraid Eis Nein dropped a red herring as most of the action takes place onboard a ship.
I think we got that it's black and white and nobody took Eis Nein's comment as a legit clue..
5 days without an attempt at an answer, Any chance you can give a better clue?

Ignatius_S

Hey, at least he had a go!

As most of you have probably noticed, the uniform is of a British admiral - the film was made the UK. The main character in the film is a very famous one and the person at the rear (or stern) of the still was married to the actor playing her.

Also, in the cast was one actor who died in 2010, who's arguably best known for comic roles and appeared with Peter Sellers in at least three films.

phantom_power

I would try and answer but fear I would end up with Dusty Bin

Ignatius_S

Quote from: phantom_power on January 11, 2012, 12:35:25 PM
I would try and answer but fear I would end up with Dusty Bin

On the other hand, you would have made the best guess so far.

Another clue - there's a connection to Just A Minute.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: ElTopo on January 19, 2012, 12:09:04 AM
Murder Ahoy!

Correct! I was going to reveal today, so well played.

ElTopo

I don't have many screenshots, so this will have to do:

Eis Nein