Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:08:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Invincible - animated series on Amazon

Started by Gulftastic, March 26, 2021, 05:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obel

Thanks.

Yeah I read about how the show is sort of a second crack at it for him. It is fantastic too. I really struggle with animated stuff quite often, but I love how this really leans into character development. The voice acting is excellent. The violence is really well applied too, only when it offers maximum impact, so it ends up being shocking as it should be. The comparison to The Boys feels appropriate because they're both superhero properties with extreme violence (I don't think they're comparable really), but where Invincible succeeds is because the violence is always in service to the story.

MojoJojo

Finally finished second season - I decided to wait until all the second half was out before starting it.
Bit disappointed, but I'm not sure how much that is down to all the gaps screwing with the momentum.
Spoiler alert
The Angstrom Levy fight lacked any emotional weight as Mark didn't know anything about him.
[close]