Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:58:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and 3 Courses

Started by chocolate teapot, February 28, 2015, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quincey

Who is the bloke with the large Afro meant to be?

chocolate teapot

Quote from: Quincey on February 28, 2015, 12:28:33 PM

Holy shit I didn't even notice that.

Gulftastic

I'm guessing he's meant to be 'Tony Angelino' from 'Stage Fright', so they can do the only joke anyone remembers from that episode 'Cwying'.

I like that they felt the need to put '("when I was in the war")' after Albert's name because a) why? and b) it's wrong!

Oh, and '.....some of the finest comedy actors in the land....'. Really?

Old Nehamkin

I like the no-nonsense, to-the-point list of catchphrases above the title there.

"YOU PLONKER".

the midnight watch baboon

Rodders and Boycie are merely a stick-on tash, a side-parting reversal and soft lighting away from pure symmetry. I wonder if they "swap instruments" for the night ever

Tiny Poster

Quote from: Quincey on February 28, 2015, 12:28:33 PM

More importantly, why is he blacked up?

Why have they mentioned Uncle Albert's catchphrase, and got it wrong?

Guy

The cum-spattered Batman logo really sets the whole thing off

Guy

Watch the video, right?[nb]don't watch the video[/nb] The voxpops/recommendations at the end - there's something written on a display behind them which has been digitally blurred out.

When it gets to the bloke with the glasses and the grey tash, a portion of the display is visible in the corner of the shot. It appears to be a short word written in large letters that ends in '-NTS'...

Ignatius_S

This dining experience has been going for quite a while - the company behind it also does a Fawlty Towers one as well, for which there's some competition and the market is obviously able to support a few companies doing the same. I did hear that two rival companies were booked for different corporate gigs at the same hotel and a very nasty and ugly fight broke out but have not been able to confirm this.

Custard

Quote from: Tiny Poster on February 28, 2015, 01:35:08 PM

More importantly, why is he blacked up?
I'm guessing it's singer blokey who duetted with Waquel

Brundle-Fly

I was wondering why Boycie was particularly described as 'ubiquitous' at the beginning of the promo; then I realised apart from operating as a second hand car dealer, he also works for the council as a road sweeper.

Captain Z

Quote from: Guy on February 28, 2015, 01:49:13 PM
Watch the video, right?[nb]don't watch the video[/nb] The voxpops/recommendations at the end - there's something written on a display behind them which has been digitally blurred out.

When it gets to the bloke with the glasses and the grey tash, a portion of the display is visible in the corner of the shot. It appears to be a short word written in large letters that ends in '-NTS'...

"GENTS".

Trojan_Jockey

I presume the guy who looks like a cross between Forrest Gump and Rainman is Trigger?

finnquark

That company does Allo Allo themed dinners too, as well as Addams Family and Ab Fab nights.

Tiny Poster

Roy*Mallard

Ha! Check out the young girl's expression at 3:07 when Uncle Albert is singing 'My Old Man'. Priceless.

Including that Uncle Albert quote is just odd - i guess it's for contractual reasons, but if so, why bother including it at all.

All those rent-a-quotes at the end - everything is fantastic, brilliant, great etc. Jeez, surely SURELY something sucked????!?!?!?

Bhazor

Having watched the video I feel the same way I did when I was molested by a whole hen night. Like I'm about to shudder out of my skin.

Quote from: Roy*Mallard on February 28, 2015, 04:28:27 PM
Ha! Check out the young girl's expression at 3:07 when Uncle Albert is singing 'My Old Man'. Priceless.

Including that Uncle Albert quote is just odd - i guess it's for contractual reasons, but if so, why bother including it at all.

All those rent-a-quotes at the end - everything is fantastic, brilliant, great etc. Jeez, surely SURELY something sucked????!?!?!?

Here's a quote for you, "This felt like I was being molested by some one I trust"

Guy

The event has a strange atmosphere of detachment, like a battle re-enactment mixed with a trailer for BBC Video.

Personally my bafflement stems from why you would want to get distracted, laugh and try to eat all at the same time.

koeman

Who are the women supposed to be? And I hope that is meant to be Tony Angelino and not a very inappropriate attempt at Denzil.

I literally can't think of anything I would less rather do than dine with these people. Can you imagine if somebody, knowing that you're a big Only Fools fan, bought you a ticket to this for your birthday? I'm a polite man, but I'd have to tell them to cunt off.

DrGreggles

Quote from: koeman on February 28, 2015, 05:03:56 PM
I literally can't think of anything I would less rather do than dine with these people. Can you imagine if somebody, knowing that you're a big Only Fools fan, bought you a ticket to this for your birthday? I'm a polite man, but I'd have to tell them to cunt off.

A mate of mine's 40th birthday is approaching...

koeman

Do it! I'd love to see how he'd react.

Would it be possible to enjoy it? How could you not just sit there cringing? Maybe I'm doing them a disservice, but I've watched the video now and Christ alive, I'd rather watch the shit last three episodes on a loop for all of eternity than feast among the entertainment that this company provides.

The Uncle Albert quote reminds me of a site that was selling t-shirts with slightly wrong quotes deliberately printed on them, which I thought was a great idea. Irking the purists and all that. I suspect that's not what's happening in this case, though.

Brundle-Fly

Dead Soon

''Who dares wins! Who dares wins!''

Christ, it's almost like... they're not allowed to use the proper catchphrases?

Clean shaven Blakey at 2:33

jenna appleseed

Quote from: Dead Soon on February 28, 2015, 07:27:30 PM
Christ, it's almost like... they're not allowed to use the proper catchphrases?

Are they going to get sued to pieces for copying the design of the logo?

The Fawlty Towers dining experience looks just as unbearable.  My idea of hell being dragged along to something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO_Tv4Euo9c

Steven

I wouldn't mind a Hellraiser themed dining experience, y'know where Pinhead and the Cenobites et al generally mill around the dining tables pulling off bits of skin and tendrils of muscle and generally bleeding about the place putting everyone off their meals. And besides, Pinhead makes the perfect cocktail party guest as you can stick the pineapple chunks and chipolatas on his fucking noggin.

Rolf Lundgren

I don't really know who this appeals to. If you're an Only Fools fan you're going to be annoyed by them getting it wrong and hearing the same jokes from the show told less well and if you're not a fan you've got to put up with those guys mugging next to you while you're trying to enjoy the melon and prosciutto starter.

Ringside

Why are those people laughing?? I cannot believe what I'm seeing. I don't know if I'm having a nightmare or not.

Fucking awful load of stale dog cum.

Ringside

Well unless I've developed the art of Lucid Dreaming, it turns out that I wasn't having a nightmare as after Only Fools and Horses, I watched Fawlty Towers. I didn't think that was AS bad as OFAH but then this one started directly after, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ej1hMEhbYI.

Right, onto Father Ted. I do hope that that one also features "some of the finest comedy actors in the land".