Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:47:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard to find comedy and let's find it why don't we?

Started by JoeyBananaduck, November 08, 2017, 04:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidsick5000

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on November 16, 2017, 08:34:56 PM
Hehe well shit, I uploaded it to Youtube and it was taken down with 5 minutes. I'll up it to dropbox or something and PM you the link.

That is brilliant. Thank you.
And yes, after years of Shooting Stars eps being available, suddenly the beeb has had a clampdown.
It could mean there's a re-release on the way. Maybe, possibly.

Malcy

Quote from: kidsick5000 on November 17, 2017, 10:56:52 AM
That is brilliant. Thank you.
And yes, after years of Shooting Stars eps being available, suddenly the beeb has had a clampdown.
It could mean there's a re-release on the way. Maybe, possibly.

I watched a load on YouTube earlier this year. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing the BBC would release on DVD. Maybe on BBC Store but that's been done away with.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Malcy on November 17, 2017, 01:33:56 PM
I watched a load on YouTube earlier this year. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing the BBC would release on DVD. Maybe on BBC Store but that's been done away with.

There are still some eps up there now, I've always been unlucky though, my shit usually gets taken down immediately.  Copyright claim was by BBC Worldwide, maybe they dont want them up because theyre being shown in another country? Does seem odd that when a show isnt available on video or dvd or on demand and has a very slim chance of getting a repeat / release that they are so militant about taking it down. Viacom were utter cunts for this, I uploaded some rare Daily Show stuff and didn't just have the videos removed buy my account was bannned.

zomgmouse

Speaking of Vic and Bob, their Lucky Sexy Winners show. Anyone here have a working copy? The file I obtained at the time was glitchy and I couldn't watch it.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on November 16, 2017, 06:00:59 PM
Glad you enjoyed it! Yeah there's a jolly, silly, cheap and cheerful atmosphere to them, and Arthur Smith was clearly good value early on (I always loved his sequel to Gone With The Wind: Departed When She Farted, and his description of John Junkin as a "horrible horrible balding roué"). Previous episodes had featured more standard Celebrity Squares fodder like Bill Pertwee, Liza Goddard and Jeffrey Holland, and I clearly liked them enough to start taping it, but I love the proto-tub of lard 'cuddly elephant' conceit in these eps, as it means we get to hear more of Arthur.

I quite seriously wonder if these are the only recordings of The Unfair Quiz that still exist. Just wish I'd put Dobly on it.

Your assessment is spot on - delightful content. The 9W exchange was pretty giggleworthy in particular. Thanks again!

Steptoes_Son

Has Boom Boom out go the lights have been made available in full? That would be something I would love to see.

Also, on a side note, I know its not comedy but has anyone got the scripts for The Prisoner? I don't want to fork out the £100-plus they fetch online.

Otisberg

"Oh No, Not Them"

The American pilot of The Young Ones.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on November 12, 2017, 08:18:39 PM
I have one epsiode of Squawkie Talkie which wasnt great but I'd love to see the rest.

Loved that the time, used randomly remember/sing the "Beetle, Beetle, Beetle of the yard, beetle, beatle his shell is very hard"

Episodes 3 - 6 are on youtube - two parts each (just done a playlist)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAUw9l0AdN_S6CHwV07pd_xZcUMJ7UDb-

Any sign of episodes 1 & 2?

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: jenna appleseed on November 22, 2017, 03:35:18 AM
Loved that the time, used randomly remember/sing the "Beetle, Beetle, Beetle of the yard, beetle, beatle his shell is very hard"

Episodes 3 - 6 are on youtube - two parts each (just done a playlist)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAUw9l0AdN_S6CHwV07pd_xZcUMJ7UDb-

Any sign of episodes 1 & 2?

Ooh lovely stuff, thank you. I'll have a check and see if the ep I have is in that playlist, if not I'll upload it. Any way I can check which episode I have?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of The Morwenna Banks Show around, don't often see people talk about it either. I don't have great memories of it, I'm not even sure I watched it all, would love to give it another go though.

Malcy

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on November 22, 2017, 08:24:50 AM
Ooh lovely stuff, thank you. I'll have a check and see if the ep I have is in that playlist, if not I'll upload it. Any way I can check which episode I have?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of The Morwenna Banks Show around, don't often see people talk about it either. I don't have great memories of it, I'm not even sure I watched it all, would love to give it another go though.

I've only ever seen one episode that was up on YouTube. Still there and a few clips as well.

Did I dream this?

I'm trying to find a clip of Peter Serafinowicz where I think he's presenting an award or something, and he faints.

It seems to be have been wiped from all existence, if it even happened at all.

Cheesewogg

Early Channel 4.

Australian one-man Comedic documentary show.

A title akin to  - but not - 'This David Lander'.

presented by a dark haired Australian guy who looked like Will Self, a bit.

Akin to later Pete McCarthy style Channel 4 comedy travelogues shows.

Please, any ideas on the identity of this show?

Catalogue Trousers

QuoteOne series had the whole of the final episode in black and white, possibly set in the 1950's / 60's?  Had old TV cameras with 3 rotating lenses in shot for atmosphere. 

Yeah. It was a parody of a Ready Steady Go-style 60s yoof show, and very well done. I've got fond memories of the series as well. Even Hale and Pace were funny.

phes

I always mention this and search each year to no avail. On the Frank Skinner Show sometime around 1998 ish he did a short sketch sending up EastEnders storyline about Steve Owen killing Saskia Duncan and pressuring Matthew Rose into helping dispose of the body. Skinner played both perps. If anyone can locate it or has recordings of these shows..

JoeyBananaduck

I might have already asked but does anyone have the last episode of TV Offal?

Brundle-Fly

If you live or can get to London, do visit Up The Video Junction video in 27a Pratt Street, Camden Town.  He's got loads of comedy DVDs of shows that are not on YouTube or commercially available.  In fact, he's got tons of movies and TV stuff you'd never thought you'd see on the shelf. It's at the back of a punk record shop. Bloody brilliant.

http://www.allagesrecords.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ityxYsMqg

I am not affiliated.

olliebean

No leads on The Gist, then? I'm sure someone said ages ago on this forum that they had it, but nothing came of it. I thought maybe they'd forgotten but still have it in their stash.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: zomgmouse on November 17, 2017, 03:25:33 PM
Speaking of Vic and Bob, their Lucky Sexy Winners show. Anyone here have a working copy? The file I obtained at the time was glitchy and I couldn't watch it.

Just checked an external hard drive and I have it, let me know if you still need it (or if anyone else wants it) and I'll chuck it up on one of yer file lockers they have these days.

Mark X

Quote from: phes on December 06, 2017, 09:17:26 AM
I always mention this and search each year to no avail. On the Frank Skinner Show sometime around 1998 ish he did a short sketch sending up EastEnders storyline about Steve Owen killing Saskia Duncan and pressuring Matthew Rose into helping dispose of the body. Skinner played both perps. If anyone can locate it or has recordings of these shows..

Can't help on that, but on a similar tip I'd love to see The Frank Skinner Show's "You've Bin Laden" sketch, where Skinner was (arguably) the first comedian to do material about Osama Bin Laden after 9/11, only a few weeks after the event - what was at the time a pretty cathartic piece of knockabout slapstick. Just about every other comic - at least on TV - seemed determined not to mention that particular elephant in the room, but Skinner went all out with a montage of Skinner in full Osama garb tripping over missiles, walking into patio doors, slipping into streams etc.

Any related searches for it tend to bring up Skinners later song about Bin Laden, and it's only really the ITC response to complaints about it that prove it actually happened.

Malcy

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on December 06, 2017, 07:56:23 PM
Just checked an external hard drive and I have it, let me know if you still need it (or if anyone else wants it) and I'll chuck it up on one of yer file lockers they have these days.

I'd happily take a link for that please!

zomgmouse

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on December 06, 2017, 07:56:23 PM

It has now been sorted by another member but thanks for the very kind offer in any case!

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Malcy on December 06, 2017, 10:49:29 PM
I'd happily take a link for that please!

Have just pm'd you with it now.

Quote from: zomgmouse on December 07, 2017, 05:02:03 AM
It has now been sorted by another member but thanks for the very kind offer in any case!

That'll teach me to be lazy. But if anyone else wants it, just let me know.

itsfredtitmus

Forming a pack to get all of 2.4 children released on DVD

BeardFaceMan

Turns out the one episode I have of Squawkie Talkie isn't one of the ones on youtube so I uploaded it.

https://youtu.be/qTp0ljbNjcY

Don't know if it's episode 1 or 2 though.

BeardFaceMan

I've uploaded a few BBC things to YouTube lately and they keep getting taken down because of copyright claims by LDS. Who are LDS?

Malcy

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on December 10, 2017, 04:03:53 PM
I've uploaded a few BBC things to YouTube lately and they keep getting taken down because of copyright claims by LDS. Who are LDS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgHxFNFWlZc

Must crack on with ripping the rest of the stuff you put up in case it's taken down then!