Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:10:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Harley Quinn - the "Adult" Animation

Started by Consignia, July 03, 2020, 04:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Quote from: MojoJojo on August 27, 2020, 11:41:13 AM
Yeah, my kids got into Teen Titans Go recently and I was surprised that's it's pretty good.

..for awhile, then it runs out of steam and becomes boring filler. Definitely went on too long. Probably not helped by Cartoon Network going a bit mad about it:

But the film is probably a good place to sample it.

this is from 2017. says it right there at the bottom

MojoJojo

...Yes?

Sorry, I wasn't trying to provide you with this weeks schedule for Cartoon Network. I suggest you go to their website for that. I was presenting an example of how CN went a bit mad about TTG and speculating that this explains when so many episodes were made when they'd run out of ideas.

samadriel

I could totally watch that; I was addicted to TTG and Adventure Time when I was in hotel rooms in the States.

"I want to watch TV in a different timezone!"

Ant Farm Keyboard

A reminder that the show is back. I've just seen the premiere episode, and I love what they're doing with the clichés from the DCEU. Or the non sequiturs that ultimately have some use. And the title for the Thomas Wayne biopic is great.

Ant Farm Keyboard

The third series may have got little attention here, but it's as great as the first two, and this week's episode, "Batman Begins Forever" may actually be the best piece of Batman-related fiction since Nolan's The Dark Knight.
It had everything - an heavy The Animated Series and Batman Begins influence (they even fully embrace the visual and musical style of TAS), references to many other incarnations (like the 66 movie or Batman Returns), an accurate deconstruction of the whole Batman myth,

Spoiler alert
Dr Psycho! who's back, as petty and insufferable as ever,
[close]

moments of complete absurdity, mustaches, and jokes. Lots of jokes.

madhair60

Dickie_Anders

One thing that annoys me about this show, from the little I've seen: the VA for Harley doesn't even bother to do the voice, does she? The squeaky Brooklyn accent IS the character, isn't it? It's like if Goofy just started talking "normal". We need to protect the accents of cartoon characters.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Quote from: madhair60 on September 04, 2022, 01:50:31 PMwhoa! sounds fresh

The take is fresh. It uses the countless recent retellings of Batman's origin story as an entry point.

Quote from: Dickie_Anders on September 04, 2022, 01:59:59 PMOne thing that annoys me about this show, from the little I've seen: the VA for Harley doesn't even bother to do the voice, does she? The squeaky Brooklyn accent IS the character, isn't it? It's like if Goofy just started talking "normal". We need to protect the accents of cartoon characters.

Your observation is specifically commented on in the episode...

Thursday

Finished the 3rd series of this yesterday, really enjoyed it overall. Definitely feels like it's come a long way from the "Oh what if this thing, but with swearing & violence" that the first series started with. Was quite taken aback to realize how invested I was in this specific interpretation of the characters by the end.

mjwilson

3rd series started on E4 or All 4 or whatever it's called.

Apparently it's had a joke about the Queen cut.

Ant Farm Keyboard

A Valentine's Day special was released today. Basically a double episode, with a ton of cameos by various DC characters.