Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:24:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinna sadda defeata: 13 going on TERFy: How do you 13eat 13eaver 13other

Started by madhair60, November 03, 2021, 10:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frajer

Quote from: jobotic on December 18, 2021, 02:53:13 PMHe's just so...pathetic.

It really does hit you sometimes doesn't it. The bleakest thing is they don't know each other and Rowling has never even acknowledged his existence, so it's like some random nutter down the pub is sending daily public messages to their beloved JK because they're "the same."

Utterly wretched.

NeaX

It's Christmas time, there's no need to be afraid
At Christmas time, we'll tell the world that we're full of hate

With Penis Lady and Arty we can say a boy's a boy
Bare your arse at Billy Bragg at Christmas time

But say a prayer, pray for the captured ones
At Christmas time it's hard, but when they're having fun

There's a world outside Windows
And it's a world of trans and beards

Where the only seed he's sowing
Is the bitterness of OAPs

And with the Christmas hell he's plotting
Just howling at the moon

Well tonight thank God it's him instead of Stu

And there won't be Jo in Graham's flat this Christmas time
The greatest gift he'll get this year is wife (no he won't, no)

Where no-one ever goes
No brains, no money flows

Does he know it's Christmas time at all?

Here's to you
Raise a wine mug for everyone

Here's to him
With his trousers stained with cum

Does he know it's Christmas time at all?

Peak the world
Peep the frog
Peak the world
Peak the world

Peak the world
Let him know it's Christmas time again
Peak the world
Peak the world
Peak the world

Peak the world
Peak the world
Peak the world
Peak the world
Peak the world

Feed the trolls
(Feed the trolls)
Feed the trolls
Feed the trolls

Barry Admin

Sadly for Glinner, Pink News are reporting that JK Rowling won't be taking part in Glinner Day Gender Critical Coming Out Day, because she's got some last minute Christmas shopping to do at her local Texaco.

Just see that Graham Linehan fight his Twitter ban, ay.
(Ba-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-nas!)
The cunt has gone bananas since he began his crusade.
(Ba-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-nas!)

buttgammon

Last Christmas I sent an invite
But the very same day, you were out shopping
This year, to save me from beards
It's transphobia coming out day

Fisher Goes Berserk

JK on the Twitter:
'I don't care who you bed
But I stand with a transphobe
That'll do, fuck it, send'
Thought Graham, in his racecar,
'This'll make a great stunt'
But the man is bananas
And Joanne is a cunt.

Ferris

JamesTC

frajer

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
My sweet JK doing the Mess
tucking into festive feed
I just want her to show up
Glug wine from a plastic cup
Arty make some roooooooom
JK's just logged into her Zoooooom

Thrillhome

Quote from: JamesTC on December 18, 2021, 03:38:33 PMGorging on Tunnock's Tea Cakes.

But not on many of the dark chocolate ones as he doesn't like them as much.

GoblinAhFuckScary

New York Times article I just read from... three years ago!!!

QuoteLast week, two British women stormed onto Capitol Hill in Washington for the purposes of ambushing Sarah McBride, the national press secretary of the Human Rights Campaign.

Ms. McBride, a trans woman, had just been part of a meeting between the Parents for Transgender Equality National Council and members of Congress when the Britons — Kellie-Jay Keen-Minshull, who goes by the name Posie Parker, and Julia Long — barged in. Heckling and misgendering Ms. McBride, the two inveighed against her supposed "hatred of lesbians" and accused her of championing "the rights of men to access women in women's prison."

Ms. Parker, who live-streamed footage of the harassment on Facebook, contended that she had come to Washington because "this ideology" — by which she presumably meant simply being trans — "has been imported into the U.K. by America, so, to stem the flow of female erasure, we have to come to its source."

If the idea that transphobic harassment could be "feminist" bewilders you, you are not alone. In the United States, my adoptive home, the most visible contemporary opponents of transgender rights are right-wing evangelicals, who have little good to say about feminism. In Britain, where I used to live, the situation is different.

There, the most vocal trans-exclusionary voices are, ostensibly, "feminist" ones, and anti-trans lobbying is a mainstream activity. Case in point: Ms. Parker told the podcast "Feminist Current" that she'd changed her thinking on trans women after spending time on Mumsnet, a site where parents exchange tips on toilet training and how to get their children to eat vegetables. If such a place sounds benign, consider the words of British writer Edie Miller: "Mumsnet is to British transphobia," she wrote "what 4Chan is to American fascism."

The term coined to identify women like Ms. Parker and Dr. Long is TERF, which stands for Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist. In Britain, TERFs are a powerful force. If, in the United States, the mainstream media has been alarmingly ready to hear "both sides" on the question of trans people's right to exist, in Britain, TERFs have effectively succeeded in framing the question of trans rights entirely around their own concerns: that is, how these rights for others could contribute to "female erasure." Many prominent figures in British journalism and politics have been TERFs; British TV has made a sport of endlessly hosting their lurid rudeness and styling it as courage; British newspapers seemingly never tire of broadsides against the menace of "gender ideology." (With time, the term TERF has become a catchall for all anti-trans feminists, radical or not.)

The split between the American and British center-left on this issue was thrown into sharp relief last year, when The Guardian published an editorial on potential changes to a law called the Gender Recognition Act, which would allow people in Britain to self-define their gender. The editorial was headlined "Where Rights Collide," and argued that "women's concerns about sharing dormitories or changing rooms with 'male-bodied' people must be taken seriously." Some of The Guardian's United States-based journalists published a disavowal, arguing that the editorial's points "echo the position of anti-trans legislators who have pushed overtly transphobic bathroom bills."

A curious facet of the groundswell of TERFism in Britain is that, in fact, the phenomenon was born in the United States. It emerged out the shattered remnants of the 1960s New Left, a paranoid faction of American 1970s radical feminism that the historian Alice Echols termed "cultural feminism" to distinguish it, and its wounded attachment to the suffering-based femaleness it purports to celebrate, from other strands of women's liberation.

The movement crossed over to Britain in the 1980s, when cultural feminism was among the lesbian-separatist elements of antinuclear protest groups who saw themselves as part of a "feminist resistance" to patriarchal science, taking a stand against nuclear weapons, test-tube babies and male-to-female transsexual surgery alike.

In America, however, TERFism today is a scattered community in its death throes, mourning the loss of its last spaces, like the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival, which ended in 2015. And so the strangely virulent form that TERFism takes in Britain today, and its influence within the British establishment, requires its own separate, and multipronged, explanation.

Ms. Parker and Ms. Long may not know it, but they're likely influenced by the legacy of the British "Skepticism" movement of the 1990s and early 2000s, which mobilized against the perceived spread of postmodernism in English universities as well as homeopathy and so-called "junk science." Hence, the impulse among TERFs to proclaim their "no-nonsense" character; witness the billboard Ms. Parker paid to have put up last fall dryly defining a woman as an "adult human female." Such a posture positions queer theory and activism as individualistic, narcissistic and thus somehow fundamentally un-British.

It's also worth noting that the obsession with supposed "biological realities" of people like Ms. Parker is part of a long tradition of British feminism interacting with colonialism and empire. Imperial Britain imposed policies to enforce heterosexuality and the gender binary, while simultaneously constructing the racial "other" as not only fundamentally different, but freighted with sexual menace; from there, it's not a big leap to see sexual menace in any sort of "other," and "biological realities" as essential and immutable. (Significantly, many Irish feminists have rejected Britain's TERFism, citing their experience of colonialism explicitly as part of the reason.)

But perhaps the biggest factor in the rise of TERFism has been the relative dearth of social movements in Britain over the past three decades. It's telling that Ms. Parker thinks it was the United States that exported "political correctness" and ideas like "gender identity" to Britain; it might even be fair to say that she's right.

In other parts of the world, including America, mass movements in the 1990s, 2000s, and 2010s around the effects of globalization and police brutality have produced long overdue dialogue on race, gender and class, and how they all interact. In Britain, however, the space for this sort of dialogue has been much more limited. As a result, middle- and upper-class white feminists have not received the pummeling from black and indigenous feminists that their American counterparts have, and thus, their perspectives retain a credibility and a level of influence in Britain that the Michigan Womyn's Festival could have only dreamed of.

Curiously, Ms. Parker and Ms. Long's trans-Atlantic jaunt has led to a split in the ranks. Over the past few days, large segments of British TERFism have disowned both of them on social media for their Washington stunt, calling it an "ambush," and them a "liability." Whether Ms. Parker and Ms. Long went too far for a movement that, to date, seemingly has yet to hit a low, remains to be seen.

It is revealing, however, where Ms. Parker feels she still has friends: On her same trip to Washington, the woman claiming to be a feminist, standing up for the rights of lesbians everywhere, made sure to drop by the right-wing Heritage Foundation.

Sorry long post, but it's an (admittedly easily broken) paywalled article

retsuza

I just read stormed and capitol and imagined a TERF January 6th insurrection lol.

sophie.pilbeam

Quotea movement that, to date, seemingly has yet to hit a low

...and in 2022, we'll be looking back on this as a relatively dignified phase.

imitationleather

Just watched that video. Christ, that is really embarrassing.

Are any changing rooms even segregated by sex?

somersetchris

Quote from: imitationleather on December 18, 2021, 05:34:33 PMAre any changing rooms even segregated by sex?

It's sort of convention / courtesy right, as usually men's and women's clothing departments are separate anyway, so the changing rooms are not that close to each other. But you're supposed to change *inside* the cubicles, so it's not like you're going to see anyone naked or changing, so what's the issue? Aren't there usually loads of blokes around women's changing rooms anyway, given that partners/girlfriends etc (bit heteronormative but you understand) will be wanting opinions? It seems like they're looking for a fight where there isn't one, talking about a 'woman's space' that doesn't even exist.

sophie.pilbeam

I'm part of a local trans group who meet online to discuss the logistics of, like, existing, and switching tabs between that and the nonsense TERF universe of single-sex changing rooms where everyone apparently gets nude in front of each other is so fucking surreal.

imitationleather

Doing the protest at what looks like is about 5am to avoid people seeing them suggests they're not all that confident in the message themselves.

shoulders

QuoteIn other parts of the world, including America, mass movements in the 1990s, 2000s, and 2010s around the effects of globalization and police brutality have produced long overdue dialogue on race, gender and class, and how they all interact. In Britain, however, the space for this sort of dialogue has been much more limited. As a result, middle- and upper-class white feminists have not received the pummeling from black and indigenous feminists that their American counterparts have, and thus, their perspectives retain a credibility and a level of influence in Britain that the Michigan Womyn's Festival could have only dreamed of.

This bit from the passage above made me feel smug and satisfied to read as it is something I have been saying without having widely read about it. However, while the class aspect is certainly important, there isn't an acknowledgement above that geography plays a part too.

The UK's relative smallness along with our relatively left wing 20th century traditions mean that we have never been as individualistic a society and our own unique history of industrialisation in terms of where people have lived and moved to means there has been far less space for unusual people. Despite Thatcherism on turbo boost the last 40 years we are a contrary, confused bunch with a new found/imposed sense of individualist agency but a generational class based preoccupation about what's going on next door.

In the UK we view how people behave in terms of how it affects others around us. A legacy of small island nation with a rigid class structure.

In the US, converse to British class traditions the dignity and freedom of the individual to be whoever they want is rooted in the origins of an immigrant/settler-colonist nation. The vast size of the States means that if your home  town can't accept who you are then you up and leave - statistically young people do anyway for economic reasons. Their history since the union was founded is of people remaking themselves and starting a new life, and so it can be no surprise that far more sympathy and basic understanding is offered to transpeople when Americans themselves think about choices primarily on how it affects the individual.

The Bees

This is it guys, only one more sleep until gender critical coming out day. I'm turning in early and have left out a Tunnock's teacake and glass of prosecco just in case a certain dinosaur decides I've been nice enough to get some pressies this year.

Mister Six

Key: Graham Linehan, JK Rowling, both

It was TERFmas Eve babe
In the racecar bed
An old lass sent to me
Her winter fuel money
And then I played a song
Intended for Peloton
I picked up my keyboard
And tried to court you

Going off on one
Email 1821
I've got a feeling
I'm years from seeing you
So happy TERFmas
I love you JK
I can see a better time
With a Twitter tick that's blue

I've got mansions and cars
And I'm swimming in gold
Why the hell would I help you
Keep fleecing the old?
Don't you dare touch my hand
You mad shambling creep
I've got looks to keep up
And your clothes are all cheap

You're loathsome

You're pretty
With healthy girl titties
But the TRAs' baying
For us old dinosaurs
We're gender policing
All the women aren't wheesting
Except those in the courts
So we'll keep up the fight

The boys in the LGB Alliance
Are spewing all their hate
And we're still holding on
For TERFmas Day

You're a nut, you're a sleaze
Joanne I need you, please
My career's almost dead
But I've still got Pope Ted
You weirdo, you're fake
Please stop sending me cakes
Happy TERFmas? You're gone
Also his name is Ron

Still spewing all their hate
Will teacakes all sell out
On TERFmas Day?

I used to be someone
Well now that time is gone
I made a mint from kids
So I don't need you

But they call Arty nonce
And Helen took my home
Can't make it all alone
I've built my dreams around you

No hashtags ringing out
On TERFmas Day

Fisher Goes Berserk

Quote from: The Bees on December 18, 2021, 06:31:24 PMThis is it guys, only one more sleep until gender critical coming out day. I'm turning in early and have left out a Tunnock's teacake and glass of prosecco just in case a certain dinosaur decides I've been nice enough to get some pressies this year.

I'm going to stay up late and watch granny wizard terfing around the world on NORAD.

Quote from: Mister Six on December 18, 2021, 06:42:54 PMKey: Graham Linehan, JK Rowling, both

It was TERFmas Eve babe
In the racecar bed
An old lass sent to me
Her winter fuel money
And then I played a song
Intended for Peloton
I picked up my keyboard
And tried to court you

Going off on one
Email 1821
I've got a feeling
I'm years from seeing you
So happy TERFmas
I love you JK
I can see a better time
With a Twitter tick that's blue

I've got mansions and cars
And I'm swimming in gold
Why the hell would I help you
Keep fleecing the old?
Don't you dare touch my hand
You mad shambling creep
I've got looks to keep up
And your clothes are all cheap

You're loathsome

You're pretty
With healthy girl titties
But the TRAs' baying
For us old dinosaurs
We're gender policing
All the women aren't wheesting
Except those in the courts
So we'll keep up the fight

Are spewing all their hate
And we're still holding on
For TERFmas Day

You're a nut, you're a sleaze
Joanne I need you, please
My career's almost dead
But I've still got Pope Ted
You weirdo, you're fake
Also his name is Ron

Will teacakes all sell out
On TERFmas Day?

I used to be someone
Well now that time is gone
I made a mint from kids
So I don't need you

But they call Arty nonce
And Helen took my home
Can't make it all alone
I've built my dreams around you

No hashtags ringing out
On TERFmas Day

👏👏 Bravo.

Geniunely one of the biggest masterpieces of these threads

Mister Six

Haha, cheers! :)

Quote from: NeaX on December 18, 2021, 03:09:35 PMThere's a world outside Windows
And it's a world of trans and beards

I laughed heartily at this one.

Quote from: Buttered Ghost on December 18, 2021, 06:49:59 PM👏👏 Bravo.

Yes, very good.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: Buttered Ghost on December 18, 2021, 06:49:59 PM👏👏 Bravo.

Fucking marvellous, Mister Six.

NeaX

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on December 18, 2021, 07:29:11 PMFucking marvellous, Mister Six.

I'm bad at posting appreciation, but I will join in here - really very good.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Did you know that JK Rowling is so cancelled that my local bookshop only had ONE display of "The Christmas Pig"? And the staff had just left it unguarded for all the TRAs to piss on and destroy! I mean, the display wasn't pissed on or destroyed, in fact everyone in the shop was just busy shopping, but they still should've had someone in a dinosaur costume there to protect it. Will women's rights ever be taken seriously

Gusty OWindflap

You win the internet today Mister Six :) A high bar has been set.

Plus, 'Don't you dare touch my hand you mad shambling creep' is fantastic poetry.

kalowski

QuoteYou weirdo, you're fake
Also his name is Ron
Fucking beautiful.