Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:29:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy's still on Twitter and webcam

Started by Mister Six, November 15, 2021, 07:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chollis

^ thank you, I've been trying to remember that guy's name for ages so I could find that stream!

"that's just some boy in your school putting sunglasses on"

Mister Six

What the hell is he playing in that one?!

oggyraiding

Quote from: Mister Six on December 09, 2021, 07:23:54 PMWhat the hell is he playing in that one?!

Think it's 'Marbles On Stream'. Watching it is only made bearable by the presence of Limmy.

Ham Bap

I have no time for the marbles or the story. I'm probably missing out but usually just skip out in that part.

non capisco

Quote from: monkfromhavana on December 09, 2021, 01:30:49 PMContradiction was fantastic, the next one with the actor who played Jenks isn't as good. I just tend to skip all of the puzzle games he plays and only dip into the DbD/Trucking/ etc etc.

Ultimate Limmy highlights list

Life Is Strange
Contradiction
3-2-1
Five Dates
Any Days Gone / Death Stranding type game
The deconstruction of Steve Walsh's cover of I Found Love

I'd add his "review" of someone's holiday video of them on "The Orient Express" to that.

Ferris

Making my way through the golf ones now. Enjoying them, but I never watched the Contradiction streams all the way through (even though I loved them game myself) so really should nip back and watch that because they seem well rated on here.

Ferris

Re: Contradiction, it's alright so far, but I prefer the more recent streams where he has less deference for every wally who subscribes or gives him a quid. At one point, someone gifted 10 subs - no idea what that means financially to the man himself, but for me he had to literally stop the stream entirely for 2+ minutes and say thank you to everyone one at a time.

It's brutal. I don't care that some no-mark has (weirdly, frankly) given Limmy a load of gifted subscriptions and if it was infrequent then ok, but it's every minute. He's clearly frustrated he can't focus on the game and everything takes ages, and he keeps reading out comments saying "hurry up" but he's a bit trapped. It's awkward. I think this is why I went off these streams at the time.

The newer streams he waits for a few to stack up and says "cheers" then moves right on. Much better flow to proceedings.

Retinend

I've been playing with the idea of doing a streamlined, feature-length edit of his GTA5 or RDR2 streams, with all the bullshit, like thanking the new subscribers, cut out.  There was some really funny stuff in his playthroughs of these games, but I had to be constantly tapping the right arrow button in order to skip past the acknowledgements and other assorted verbal filler.

Something tells me that now I've come out and stated the intent, I'll probably never do it - so speak up if it's something you'd like to see come to fruition.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Retinend on December 25, 2021, 01:41:57 AMI've been playing with the idea of doing a streamlined, feature-length edit of his GTA5 or RDR2 streams, with all the bullshit, like thanking the new subscribers, cut out.  There was some really funny stuff in his playthroughs of these games, but I had to be constantly tapping the right arrow button in order to skip past the acknowledgements and other assorted verbal filler.

Something tells me that now I've come out and stated the intent, I'll probably never do it - so speak up if it's something you'd like to see come to fruition.

out me down as bang into that idea. it'd also probably be much appreciated amongst the wider Limmy fandom such as it is.

Mister Six

ZoyzaSorris

I love Limmy but have never quite got into his streaming stuff - thanks for alerting me to this amazing Five Dates marathon, I had insomnia and ended up watching hours of the bloody stuff, couldn't tear myself away. Top Limmy gear. What an odd game. I have to agree with him that is surprisingly well made and acted for such an essentially cringe and bizarre core concept.

Enzo

I see according to Lynn's twitter that her and Limmy have separated. After reading his autobiog the news was bizarrely affecting.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Enzo on January 02, 2022, 09:08:27 PMI see according to Lynn's twitter that her and Limmy have separated. After reading his autobiog the news was bizarrely affecting.

I haven't kept up with Limmy much since his move to Twitch, and I can't judge a couple whose life I know next to nothing about, but from what he says in the autobiography it's not especially surprising.

DigForVictory

He's always been pretty honest on how Lynn did everything in the house and he was a bit of a lazy prick with stuff like that so yeah not mega surprising I suppose.

Sad though, sounds like it's fairly amicable though which is good.

peanutbutter

All sounds very amicable yeah, probably the kind of thing that just gradually happened rather than a blow up.
I imagine this'll result in some of his crazier fans going a bit extra mad though? Turning up in Glasgow trying to woo him.

Five Dates sounded so cringe I made a point of playing it before watching the streams, looking forward to checking them out, how many hours of content is it?

bgmnts

Wonder how long before she turns the wean against him.

monkfromhavana

Are we sure that this isn't just a piss-take?

stonkers

It would be a weird thing to do a deadpan joke about, especially when there's a kid involved. But it's also a weird thing to tweet about if it's genuine, it's not like they're public figures really. So who knows.

Ham Bap

From the timing of the tweets looks like his gf was pissed on New Years Eve then tweeted the first one out.
Then a clarifying follow up in the morning.

All mentions of this were quickly deleted by the mods on the Twitch chat today and theres silence about it on Limmys Discord, apart from one of the mods who said it wont be discussed until Limmy talks about it.

Lynn often tells people not to tag her in Limmy related tweets, she seems to get a relentless amount of those unfunny "looks like she's turned the weens against you, Limmy!" comments from people or people asking her questions about Limmy-related things that have nothing to do with her.

So perhaps by saying it people will do that less...

Ferris

All together now: I met Limmy's marriage at a charity do once... etc.

Captain Z

Not seen the tweets but would be very surprised if it is true. I'm watching the stream from 31/12 and he imagines the hassle of buying a new suit for an upcoming awards ceremony. I'm paraphrasing but he says something like "Lynn will probably say I might as well get new shoes too".

Ferris

Fibbing about new brogues to hide the pain. We've all done it.

The Guppy

Quote from: Captain Z on January 04, 2022, 04:19:34 AMNot seen the tweets but would be very surprised if it is true. I'm watching the stream from 31/12 and he imagines the hassle of buying a new suit for an upcoming awards ceremony. I'm paraphrasing but he says something like "Lynn will probably say I might as well get new shoes too".
She says they still live together and they're still best pals, so it's not surprising if he still mentions her.

I don't think it's a wind-up because if it is, it's rubbish.

Old Nehamkin

Find it very hard to see why it would be a joke. It's one very straightforward post from Lynn with replies disabled and no further comments from either of them. It's not funny or arch in any obvious way and it'd be a very weird thing to broadcast on social media just for shits and giggles.

Quote from: stonkers on January 03, 2022, 03:18:19 PMIt would be a weird thing to do a deadpan joke about, especially when there's a kid involved. But it's also a weird thing to tweet about if it's genuine, it's not like they're public figures really. So who knows.

It depends how you use Twitter, I suppose. For a lot of people it's just a content aggregator like reddit but for others it's an actual social platform for keeping in touch with real-life (or online) friends. If you've got a lot of people on Twitter who you know personally then making a one-and-done public tweet like that might just be the quickest and simplest way of getting the message out there. As for whether they're "public figures", obviously it's relatively small-scale but since Limmy pretty much constantly broadcasts on Twitch and Twitter and talks about his private life all the time, they might have just thought it was for the best to clarify things publicly.

DavidJatt

I'm not hugely into his streaming stuff but I was a huge fan of the Overwatch trolling, still one of my favourite videos to watch is this:

https://youtu.be/sEM2kwzNcS8

Something about the way he says trash really gets me. I know it's puerile and immature but I don't care

Quote from: DavidJatt on January 04, 2022, 11:40:35 PMI know it's puerile and immature but I don't care

I hadn't seen that clip.

"Your mum gives cats lick-outs" and "Do you like Cameo?" killed me.

DavidJatt

Quote from: Better Midlands on January 05, 2022, 12:32:47 AMI hadn't seen that clip.

"Your mum gives cats lick-outs" and "Do you like Cameo?" killed me.

Same here, it's my favourite clips of his streaming stuff. Really cracks me every time, and I've seen it a lot