Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:24:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Edinburgh Fringe 2022

Started by JCR, March 03, 2022, 02:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCR

The first shows are now on sale at www.edfringe.com -  including Stewart Lee- whose work in progress shows in Stand 1 are at 10am. Wonderful.

edwardfog

Very exciting. Some good stuff up there already comedywise. I'd recommend booking for Lily Phillips, Leo Reich, Crybabies and Tarot

DrGreggles

I'd better decide which week I'm going.
From the 14th looks likely.

Malcy

Nothing for me so far really. I'm seeing Jack Docherty's show next week. May go again, other than that Justin Moorhouse.

Really hoping Anna Morris will do another. Her last one was a brilliant hour.

the science eel

Back to normal-ish after last year where everything was weirdly quiet.

The Edinburgh Film Festival is on in August too - or is that always the case?

CaledonianGonzo

Lee aside, will keep my powder dry for now I think.

Really hope that Liz Kingman's show gets a run.

JCR

I hope Tom Walker comes over, but he does quite well out of Twitch I believe, so I don't know if he'd want a month off from that.

DrGreggles

I bet there will be some Twitch stream shows.

zomgmouse

was thinking of coming up but i think it's a bit much to do this year sadly. maybe next year

edwardfog

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on March 03, 2022, 08:39:41 PMLee aside, will keep my powder dry for now I think.

Really hope that Liz Kingman's show gets a run.

If you like Liz Kingsman I recommend seeing Crybabies. Very similar vibes

It would be so sad if the demands of a Twitch schedule stopped people doing live runs but I could def see it happening. Tom Walker was amazing in 2019

DrGreggles

I always check local venues around April/May to see who has a WiP listed. They're generally a good guide to an Edinburgh run.

Mike Wozniack has a WiP in Cambridge...

WestHill

I'm going this year. Super excited as I've git a kid on the way and this might be my last one for a while.

Booked for Basically Lee.

Trying to get train tickets from London but they don't seem to be available yet.

Malcy

Quote from: Malcy on March 03, 2022, 08:28:12 PMNothing for me so far really. I'm seeing Jack Docherty's show next week. May go again

Definitely will go to this again. It was an excellent show. Was so annoyed when it sold out at the Fringe last year so was glad I got a chance to see it and looking forward to going again at the Fringe.

It's totally worth an hour of your time.

CaledonianGonzo

CaledonianGonzo

Can't seem to get the website to cough up the full schedule in an easily digestible format....

DrGreggles

Yep, that's our Monkey Barrel!

dissolute ocelot

Wil Hodgson is coming up for the first time in a few years, which I'm pleased about, although no venue announced - probably doing a free fringe show, and they'll not have listings for a while.

Chudraa

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on March 25, 2022, 10:42:53 AMWil Hodgson is coming up for the first time in a few years, which I'm pleased about, although no venue announced - probably doing a free fringe show, and they'll not have listings for a while.

I saw Wil's work in progress at Leicester this year and it was great. A typically rambling stream of consciousness. Would recommmend.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on March 25, 2022, 10:42:53 AMWil Hodgson is coming up for the first time in a few years, which I'm pleased about, although no venue announced - probably doing a free fringe show, and they'll not have listings for a while.

Think he's only going up for a week so make sure you catch him!

DrGreggles

The Lurker

Think I'm going to lose my Edinburgh virginity this year. Took me long enough - a bit like my actual... no, I'm not going to make that obvious joke.

Any recommendations on where to stay?

DrGreggles

Very much depends on your budget.

Fr.Bigley

Can anyone clever explain this, on the fringe website?

QuoteFriend [of the Fringe]

2for1 tickets, available Sunday–Thursday, for 10 different participating shows (offer valid once per show)

Does it mean that you can use this offer 10 times in total, or that you have a choice of 10 shows to buy 2for1 tickets from (which would seem quite restrictive)?

Seagullsim

Quote from: The Lurker on March 30, 2022, 11:29:29 AMThink I'm going to lose my Edinburgh virginity this year. Took me long enough - a bit like my actual... no, I'm not going to make that obvious joke.

Any recommendations on where to stay?

I'm staying in Glasgow and travelling in each day. Accommodation is more affordable, and the transport links are decent.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: David Pielingtonburygrot on March 31, 2022, 10:26:06 PMCan anyone clever explain this, on the fringe website?

Does it mean that you can use this offer 10 times in total, or that you have a choice of 10 shows to buy 2for1 tickets from (which would seem quite restrictive)?

Ten times in total from shows that participate - which is usually a good selection but often excludes bigger and / or hotter names.

But max one free ticket per show i.e  you can't use, say, 3 of your 10 FoF tickets for the same show on the same night.

The Sunday - Thursday restriction is new this year and, personally speaking, a major bummer as Fridays and Saturdays are the days I tend to kick the arse out of it.

Understandable though I suppose.

DrGreggles

WestHill

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 05, 2022, 10:43:44 AMNew Pleasance shows added

From Chortle:

The Pleasance has announced its second tranche of Edinburgh Fringe programming, including new shows from Sarah Keyworth, Sindhu Vee and Sophie Duker.

Other returnees include Sean McLoughlin, Helen Bauer, Will Duggan, Alasdair Beckett-King and Christopher Bliss. Colin Hoult will perform  the last show featuring his alter-ego Anna Mann (pictured) while Hal Cruttenden will be talking about his divorce after  21 years

South Africa's top ventriloquist Conrad Koch is also making his UK premiere, along wit his puppet Chester Missing. And a host of acts are making the Edinburgh debuts including Sikisa, double act Shelf, Rajiv Karia, Jamie D'Souza Jake Farrell, Ania Magliano, Michael Akadiri,  Christian Brighty and Aurie Styla.

Mischief, the theatre team behind the ...Goes Wrong franchise, are back with  Mind Mangler: Member Of The Tragic Circles, featuring the mentalist from their West End show Magic Goes Wrong.

Character-comedians and real-life sisters Maddy and Marina Bye, who perform as the double-act Siblings, have a new batch of sketches; Joz Norris tries out the hardest magic trick of all time – making an entire audience think and blink in unison; and impressionist Jess Robinson presents a musical multimedia, one-woman show. Likewise, rapper, comedian and viral YouTube star Chris Turner presents a one-man comedy and hip-hop spectacular.

The Pleasance Comedy Reserve is also back for its 16th year  with this year's hand-picked newcomers: Abi Clarke, Dee Allum, Katie Green and Tadiwa Mahlunge.

And the Get Off Comedy Fundraiser will raise funds for the efforts to eradicate sexual harassment in the comedy industry

Today marks the second batch of Fringe shows going on sale, with the Underbelly announcing their programme additions earlier.

For more on the Pleasance shows, visit the venue's website.

Published: 5 Apr 2022

Thanks!

A lot of new names I'm not familiar with on there