Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 11:30:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wheesht 17: Alt-right, Alt-right, Glinner's Nearly Alt-Right (Deep Deep Down)

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, March 28, 2022, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Can't believe Frankie Boyle hasn't commented on the prospective candidates from the Australian Green Party (????)

Mindboggling.

phantom_power

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 03, 2022, 04:55:57 PM"When feminism gets hijacked by men, this is the result"

That's patently not true is it. This is a result of authoritarian power and the ineffectiveness of the democrats to do anything when they have the ability to. Part of that authoritarian power is borne of being allowed to wield it by people like him who support them simply for having a shared course in anti-trans bigotry. Being a trans ally does not stop you from also wanting abortion rights and all the other feminist issues whereas it seems that to be anti-trans means you can pal up to any dodgy fucker as long as they share that one specific trait.

jobotic

What's his problem with the Australian Green Party? Some of them have dyed their hair? Is that not what women should do Graham?

What the fuck has it got to do with you anyway? If you were Australian you'd be voting One Nation.

Dr Rock

You can't take a political party seriously with trans people in it! Graham doesn't explain why, but I'm sure he has good reasoning.

frajer

"Look, it's very simple, there are people that are different than me and it bloody shouldn't be allowed. FEMINISM."

- Graham Linehan, former Twitter account haver

Ferris

Quote from: Cuellar on May 03, 2022, 05:26:43 PMCan't believe Frankie Boyle hasn't commented on the prospective candidates from the Australian Green Party (????)

Mindboggling.

The maddest thing is the Australian Green Party is a thing. It's real, you can look it up. Let's see the "roster" (isn't that an Americanism?):

https://greens.org.au/mps
https://greens.org.au/state-mps
https://greens.org.au/candidates

Oh, it's tediously politician-looking people.

Maybe, just maybe, pulling half a dozen candidates from hundreds (?) running at all levels of government in an entire country isn't representative, so maybe you're being presented with information that is designed to make you feel a certain way (threatened? Challenged? Vindictive?) and the language implies it's been done by a North American.

So why has a North American anonymously trawled through literally hundreds of photos in order to present a bias-confirming (and misleading) picture of a left wing party (on the other side of the world, no less), and further, why has an ageing divorced man liked it enough to re-broadcast it?

Ans: because it's right wing culture war bullshit. How do people not do this kind of basic analysis in their head when they're presented with this stuff? It's really baffling.

I suppose (like any addict) he desperately wants left wing people to look a certain way because it enables his behaviour, which is why it is so effective. This is your brain on plantains.

FalknerHinton

If I were a sad bastard trying to suck up to Elon Musk, I don't think I'd use "corporate edgelord" as a pejorative.

Pimhole

Quote from: jobotic on May 03, 2022, 06:39:36 PMWhat's his problem with the Australian Green Party? Some of them have dyed their hair? Is that not what women should do Graham?

JK Rowling dyes her hair, Graham, you thick cunt.

wrec

Quote from: TommyTurnips on May 03, 2022, 03:06:06 PMThere was this where he pretended to be his own assistant.

This is often presented as an attempt to genuinely fool people but it was more of a winking acknowledgment that he was cheekily breaking his promise to stay off Twitter for Christmas (IIRC). In the spirit of "Who's Glinner?" rather than Barney Rubble.

Dr Rock

Has anyone ever polled women in refuges whether they would object to having a trans woman there? I know someone who spent some time in refuges fleeing an abusive relationship who says she'd have had no problem with a trans woman being there.

Kankurette

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 03, 2022, 04:55:57 PMNew GLINNER'S TWITTER

all he says about Roe Vs Wade is "When feminism gets hijacked by men, this is the result". Then finds someone mentioning trans rights standing in solidarity. Literally doesnt care otherwise
He's on the same side as people who want to overturn Roe vs Wade.

superthunderstingcar

No, the people who want to overturn Roe vs Wade are on the same side as Bananahan.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 03, 2022, 07:28:52 PMHas anyone ever polled women in refuges whether they would object to having a trans woman there? I know someone who spent some time in refuges fleeing an abusive relationship who says she'd have had no problem with a trans woman being there.
I don't know what the women in refuges say, but Pink News had a good article about the panic over trans people in women's refuges. It mentions that there is no evidence of anyone ever pretending to be a woman to enter a woman's refuge and harming people inside. It explains how thoroughly women are screened before being allowed in, and a man would simply not be able to get past that and gain entry even if he pretended to be trans. It's intrinsic to running a refuge that you know exactly who is coming in and whether they pose any danger or risks to the other inmates (whether because of addictions, criminal pasts, particularly violent partners, etc.)

somersetchris

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 03, 2022, 01:15:38 PM

Anyone who thinks Ron Desantis is doing 'good work' is fucking barking. This is a man who wants to outlaw abortion, authored a 'don't say gay' bill, wants to remove any sex education from schools and thinks maths text books are 'too woke'. He is amongst the most insane American politicians in a very competitive field. This is a man who berated students for wearing masks DURING A PANDEMIC when he arrived to address them. A dangerous loon of the highest order.

I genuinely don't understand how anyone with a degree of intelligence can find themselves agreeing with DeSantis and not notice that something has gone seriously wrong. Okay so he has a go at trans people, but look at all the other shit he's done - Glinner and his like complain that the evil TRAs are 'erasing lesbians' but DeSantis doesn't even want anyone to acknowledge they exist. How do you not even have a moment of reflection?

Quote from: Mister Six on April 26, 2022, 05:38:49 PMImagine being someone who writes and obsesses exactly like Glinner, without even the creative achievements. Grim.

It's really telling that he thinks the immediate reaction to being mistaken for Graham Linehan is 'I'm honoured because he's such a tireless campaigner for women and girls!!! and not 'I'm honoured because he wrote Father Ted / It Crowd / etc.'

Barry Admin

Quote from: somersetchris on May 03, 2022, 08:58:54 PMI genuinely don't understand how anyone with a degree of intelligence can find themselves agreeing with DeSantis and not notice that something has gone seriously wrong. Okay so he has a go at trans people, but look at all the other shit he's done - Glinner and his like complain that the evil TRAs are 'erasing lesbians' but DeSantis doesn't even want anyone to acknowledge they exist. How do you not even have a moment of reflection?

There was a post in one of these threads that stuck with me, and which I wish I could find again.

It was Linehan favouriting a tweet that had a definition for "believing in something when you know it's false" or similar. Writing this now, I guess he could have been projecting or just thinking "oh yeah, that applies to anyone who is into gender identity lol", but at the time I saw it as proof that he knows exactly how full of shite he is. 

You can't engage in sophistry, lies and yellow journalism without knowing - deep down - how much of a bollock you are.  Whether you're actually capable of caring or not is a different matter.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 03, 2022, 01:15:38 PMIn his video of 21/4 he said "Rick (sic) Desantis is doing great in Florida at the moment"

Which was a week after this hit the headlines

Have you got the full context does? I've barely followed Lineman's antics for a while, but I find it hard to believe he's unironically supporting Desantis. If I'm wrong then he's fallen a lot further than I ever thought possible

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on May 03, 2022, 09:58:10 PMHave you got the full context does? I've barely followed Lineman's antics for a while, but I find it hard to believe he's unironically supporting Desantis. If I'm wrong then he's fallen a lot further than I ever thought possible
Ron DeSantis took Lia Thomas's medal away and gave it to the  b i o l o g i c a l   f e m a l e  who came in second place.

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on May 03, 2022, 09:58:10 PMHave you got the full context does? I've barely followed Lineman's antics for a while, but I find it hard to believe he's unironically supporting Desantis. If I'm wrong then he's fallen a lot further than I ever thought possible

From this video here, talks about Desantis and then stumbles/says he'd vote for them

Edit, thanks for the new thread and update @Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Cold Meat Platter

Sounds like we're only a bawhair away from "I will vote for whomever will secure the future for white children".

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 03, 2022, 10:15:08 PMFrom this video here, talks about Desantis and then stumbles/says he'd vote for them

Edit, thanks for the new thread and update @Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Interesting. I understand being a single issue voter but I guess this was before the Roe v Wade news. Unless he thinks you can vote for the make abortion illegal party, to defend women's rights

Dog Botherer

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for healthy breast tissue

buttgammon

Quote from: billyandthecloneasaurus on May 04, 2022, 10:08:33 AMFuck I'm getting real karadzic drinking water vibes from BC

Karadzic is the spitting image of Dermot Morgan to be fair!