Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:57:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster series 14

Started by MigraineBoy, March 23, 2022, 06:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Superior

Is Richard really talking to guests who haven't even been on fucking Taskmaster about Taskmaster? Fuck me.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Ron Superior on June 23, 2022, 05:17:23 PMIs Richard really talking to guests who haven't even been on fucking Taskmaster about Taskmaster? Fuck me.

Don't ever listen to the Taskmaster podcast...

Ron Superior

Haha, well, at least with that show it's his job to talk about it.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Ron Superior on June 23, 2022, 05:17:23 PMIs Richard really talking to guests who haven't even been on fucking Taskmaster about Taskmaster? Fuck me.

TBF - Dara mentions confusing the artist Bridget Riley with Bridget Christie and Richard says something along the line of "Well, she did paint with lipstick on Taskmaster last night." Which leads Dara onto his frustration about not being on it yet.  (Which presumably was a bit nod/wink between them both)

MigraineBoy

Now the cast has been officially revealed a bunch of people who went to studio tapings are piping up on Reddit & despite them seeing different episodes they're all praising John Kearns performance.

Snrub

I absolutely love John Kearns and cannot wait to see him on this. The line-up is very very strong in my opinion

Virgo76

I've been a fan of Fern, John and Munya for years.
I've no idea who the other two are.

g0m

dara and sarah? They must be new

Twilkes

Quote from: g0m on June 24, 2022, 08:15:22 AMdara and sarah? They must be new

I think they're Ed Byrne's parents.

AsparagusTrevor

Oh no, the people of Reddit are denied their Ayoades and Mitchells once again!

My wife is a fan of Sarah Millican so she's looking forward to seeing her on there. Dara's fine, he'll probably fill the 'trying and failing to find logic' slot. I have heard of the others but know nothing about them. I have full faith in them though. Plus I love the NZ series and have never known any of those contestants.

It's always the same when they release these lineups, there's always one or two people I know and a few people I've either never heard of or only seen on Richard Osman's House of Games. However, that's entirely my ignorance of the modern comedy scene. There's been plenty of people I've never heard of who have been brilliant. Conversely there's people I usually like who have been disappointing.

RFT

Quote from: Vroomo on June 23, 2022, 10:34:26 PMNow the cast has been officially revealed a bunch of people who went to studio tapings are piping up on Reddit & despite them seeing different episodes they're all praising John Kearns performance.

Yeah- I saw the Episode 9 studio record and it was really good. Not just Kearns, all of them were, actually.

BeardFaceMan

I think the success of a series has more to do with the tasks than the people, the NZ people have been knocking it out of the park in that respect, I think that's why I've enjoyed the last 2 NZ series more than the last few UK ones despite not knowing who anyone is, the tasks have been better. They also don't seem to have anyone on the crew who has a spit/eating/humiliation fetish like whatever Little AH has going on, so that helps.

edwardfog

Most exciting lineup maybe ever? Kearns is one of my top 5 comedians ever and a joy to see on this lineup even if he ends up being boring. Brady is one of the best in the country right now and should be a really powerful personality on the show. The other three are all great too.

Alex has done a stellar job so far but I hope he relinquishes a little control and brings a writing team in for the tasks. I think the only reason the NZ version is better is because they have a team

edwardfog

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on June 24, 2022, 09:40:00 AMOh no, the people of Reddit are denied their Ayoades and Mitchells once again!

It's a good point, why do they want Ayoade and Mitchell so much. Is it just they don't know any other comedians? I'm not sure either of them would be particularly interesting contestants

MigraineBoy

Quote from: edwardfog on June 24, 2022, 01:28:20 PMIt's a good point, why do they want Ayoade and Mitchell so much. Is it just they don't know any other comedians? I'm not sure either of them would be particularly interesting contestants
Didn't Mitchell himself say he'd never do it because the "him" they'd get, isn't the "him" they want.

It's weird - Lee Mack was another name constantly asked for and he was...OK.
(though I do think he'd have been better in the studio had there been an audience)

BritishHobo

They seem to be default favourites for embodying 'British' sarcasm, I think because they're very well-known but also seem to be by far the most sarcastic of all the well-known comedians. You always see Ayoade feverishly suggested to be the next Doctor Who for the same reason, even though I'm fairly sure he's said in interviews that he can't act.

notjosh

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on June 24, 2022, 09:45:12 AMThey also don't seem to have anyone on the crew who has a spit/eating/humiliation fetish like whatever Little AH has going on, so that helps.

Yeah, this is really starting to bother me.

Virgo76

Richard?

superthunderstingcar

Ja'moke

Quote from: Vroomo on June 24, 2022, 02:01:31 PMDidn't Mitchell himself say he'd never do it because the "him" they'd get, isn't the "him" they want.

That's a shame, though, because that is what can be so great about Taskmaster, that you get to see other sides of comedians. I'd be interested in seeing a less 'on' David Mitchell doing Taskmaster.

Quote from: RFT on June 24, 2022, 09:44:49 AMYeah- I saw the Episode 9 studio record and it was really good. Not just Kearns, all of them were, actually.

Are you able to give any non spoilery titbits about the episode?

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Ja'moke on June 25, 2022, 01:02:49 PMThat's a shame, though, because that is what can be so great about Taskmaster, that you get to see other sides of comedians. I'd be interested in seeing a less 'on' David Mitchell doing Taskmaster.
I can't quite remember the source (RHLSTP probably) but the jist was he likes the show and has been invited but he's not a fan of puzzles and so feels his being bad at them wouldn't be enough to balance out the expectation of him being funny.

RFT

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on June 25, 2022, 01:44:34 PMAre you able to give any non spoilery titbits about the episode?
I think only that I am really wondering what they're going to do with the prize task in the edit. They must have spent 20 minutes on it alone, with 10 minutes on one person's passionate (and very funny) defence of a terrible prize - possibly the worst prize anyone's ever brought on the show.

Oh, and it's a six-task show - four house tasks. two are linked, but scored seperately.

I'm not starting a series 15 thread before 14 has even started, but two comedians have apparently been spotted filming tasks for it:

Spoiler alert
Jenny Eclair and Mae Martin
[close]

Could be bollocks. Though I'm always surprised this doesn't happen more seeing as the house is visible from a public road.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on July 22, 2022, 09:21:24 PMI'm not starting a series 15 thread before 14 has even started, but two comedians have apparently been spotted filming tasks for it:

Spoiler alert
Jenny Eclair and Mae Martin
[close]

Could be bollocks. Though I'm always surprised this doesn't happen more seeing as the house is visible from a public road.

Seems entirely plausible, the 2nd very Channel4 too.

Rhod Gilbert was the last contestant I recall being leaked when spotted doing tasks - the sports track wasn't completely closed to the public. I guess with the subsequent series having there non-house location closed to the public the chances narrow.

Steven88

Spoiler alert
Someone said Ivo Graham was seen as well. I saw a post on reddit about three weeks ago which was then deleted.
[close]

Twilkes

It could have been worse, some people thought
Spoiler alert
Jenny Eclair was Su Pollard.
[close]

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Spoiler alert
Super Lard?
[close]

Virgo76

Some sort of Taskmaster-related announcement at 11am today.
Might be the series 14 start date.

Snrub

Seen on Twitter, think it's a new version of the board game