Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:38:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Captain Tom Moore

Started by weekender, April 15, 2020, 06:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Money just resting in the account for the 18 months prior to the investigation? Fair play, they might give that a try and all.

These entities all have to file public accounts: what were they thinking?!

idunnosomename

From this thread about a Sunday Times article this weekend. Imagine thinking that doesnt make them looking crazy
https://www.twitter.com/thetimes/status/1548752882274652162

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe Times and The Sunday Times

@thetimes

·

16h

As Captain Tom's fame grew, his family began receiving hate on social media. "I was called devious, a shrew, all those words we use because we are still suspicious of successful women," Hannah says. "I was [accused of] making him do it"

Is that army uniform chair custom made or can you buy them? Looks like something you would get on redbubble.

Ferris

That is so weird.

Like... would you have made an army uniform chair for your dad if he'd just been a normal bloke who died? And framed his ties on the wall?

And if the answer is "no" (and it should be), then the only reason it's been done is for PR which is ghoulish.

Fambo Number Mive

I missed the ties. What is that red string at the bottom of the frame?

Do you think they've framed his favourite pair of underpants?

idunnosomename

I think its this one that was made by a lunatic back in 2020

https://www.saffronwaldenreporter.co.uk/news/langley-lower-green-chair-for-captain-tom-5435784

It looks like that bondage fetish where you make furniture out of people lmao

Ferris

I'd respect them if they gave the trademarks to Age UK. Fair enough, they've made a hash of it but seem to genuinely be motivated by a desire to help old people or whatever the latest line is. Carry on.

It's the constant grifting and PR nonsense that gets me. Don't hide behind a veneer of charity when you're trying to get a plum six figure gig hanging about with Esther Rantzen off the back of your dead dad's gimmick, and don't start implying it's sexist to ask questions about why an awful lot of money is going to "management and consultants".

They said themselves (albeit when scrambling to defend all this) that they're new and don't really know what they're doing - ok, so give away the trademarks to people that do and go back to whatever your day job is.

The fact they aren't doing that and are instead framing ties and making army man chairs to stand in front of for photo shoots with the Sunday Times speaks volumes (to me, anyway).

Fambo Number Mive

The chair looks both uncomfortable to lean back in and slightly disrespectful.

Does he do other uniforms (nurse, traffic warden, police) or just army.

idunnosomename

It's the consistently using her two children in marketing herself thats the worst imo. Imagine, you're still in education and your face is all over DODGY GRANDAD CHARITY stories in the media

beanheadmcginty

You could use the breast pockets to keep the TV remote controls in

Fambo Number Mive

Do you need to salute the chair before you sit in it? And the cushion has no rank insigna but the same number of ribbons as the chair.

"Please, take a seat in Captain Chair. Do let me know if you would like another Lance Corporal Cushion."

JamesTC

JamesTC

Turns out it was in Captain Tom's will to be turned into a chair. He always enjoyed being sat on.

"It shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary it, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will sit on it."

Ferris

I can't make out the regimental insignia 100%, but it looks like that chair is commissioned in the Royal Artillery.

The man himself was in tanks wasn't he? Oh dear oh dear.

Futon-ward Christian soldiers

JamesTC

Quote from: Ferris on July 18, 2022, 03:24:09 PMI can't make out the regimental insignia 100%, but it looks like that chair is commissioned in the Royal Artillery.

The man himself was in tanks wasn't he? Oh dear oh dear.

They've turned the wrong corpse into a chair!

Fambo Number Mive

Wasn't Captain Tom in Penny Mordant's Day Today style campaign video? Did she get permission first?

Oh my god, they've had the cunt stuffed and turned into a chair.
Pulled off the head because that's gonna be used as a beanbag for the dog.
I'm sure it's what he would have wanted, aye.

Christ knows what this guy did to his children growing up, but they're certainly having their revenge.

idunnosomename

It is quite funny they made a cushion with the medal ribbon on it again.

You can use it to conceal your erection from the sheer excitement of sitting in captain tom's contorted and mangled body.

imitationleather

No doubt the chair legs are his stroller.

Why did he keep all of his mugs in a bookcase in the living room rather than the kitchen?

Fambo Number Mive

The Captain Tom chair article is like something from the Day Today:

Quote..."When I finish them, I put them on Facebook. Lots of people see them," he explained

"I'm the only one doing the upholstery work. I have done about 25 of them so far in the last two and half years...

25 more of these fucking chairs out there. Has anyone spotted another one?

Quote...He sourced the old uniform and parts through The Green Barn army and navy surplus store in Barton, Cambridgeshire.

The chairs take one tunic and three pairs of trousers.

Dougie has heard from the family, who have said the special chair looks great but can he hang on it for now as they celebrate Captain Tom's birthday...

Quote from: imitationleather on July 18, 2022, 03:35:38 PMNo doubt the chair legs are his stroller.

Nar, they used that and his ribcage to make a pram for t'baby. Trying to see if I can spot any skin lampshades in the background of those photos.
It's a wonder the police haven't been called. They're more interested in their accounting.

idunnosomename

The article starts as hagiography we all know by now, but they dont come out well at end

https://archive.ph/LqNc9

QuoteClub Nook's first-year accounts show income of just over £809,000, against which costs of nearly £350,000 are set. Hannah confirms to me in an email that "Club Nook has not profited from branded merchandise/memorabilia, that Club Nook has not been paid by the foundation for use of its trademarks and that Club Nook's revenues have been generated by other activities." When I ask how Club Nook made its money she does not reply.

I wonder if Hannah now considers the family's decision to trademark their father's name a mistake and how she feels about the family's success with Club Nook, which now includes her two children as shareholders. But she is reluctant to comment further now the investigation is under way.

The Daft Punk helmets are a lovely touch

idunnosomename

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 16, 2020, 10:18:45 AMbet the old fucking cunt voted brexit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VINDICATION

QuoteIn the years before lockdown Lucy [his eldest daughter] had been a regular visitor to the Old Rectory, where she and her father clashed repeatedly in "robust debates" about Brexit. She was anti, he was pro. "I found that challenging," she says. In the end they agreed to differ and if neither of them mentioned it they'd get along just fine.

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 18, 2022, 03:50:02 PMVINDICATION

Ironic that it was a trip to a foreign country that finished him off.

Fambo Number Mive

He's done chairs for firefighters and school leavers as well

QuoteWe were asked by Copthorne Prep School of Crawley London, if we could create 2 Uniform Chairs for their 2021 Top School Leaver's, to mark a very difficult year they all went through,  and they were presented at the end of term presentation, we were very pleased to be able to create them for the School, now they will be a focal point in the Entrance as a reminder of a very difficult, and challenging year for all at the School,

idunnosomename

Wont someone stop this demented pervert