Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:57:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan's Ongoing Transphobia: "The Father Ted Musical Was My Pension"

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, July 19, 2022, 10:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

somersetchris

Quote from: Kankurette on July 20, 2022, 03:24:04 PMSome people have said they're sending their kids to Catholic schools because they don't teach 'gender woo', so indoctrination is OK when it's religious, evidently.

To save my children from being groomed, I'm entrusting them to Catholics, who have a famously zero tolerance policy on grooming

retsuza

The other person he mentions who he can't understand why they aren't on TV is Miranda Yardley. I'd never heard of her so off to google and what do you know, she's been on TV.

Alberon

I do feel Linehan is at a dead end. Even the transphobes don't pay him much attention these days.

His attempts to align with other right wing nut jobs will probably fade away as he loses interest like everything else he does.

He's pulled it out of the bag before when he's unexpectedly scaled Mount Banana and found some new level of idiocy but I do get the feeling we're near the end.

Only ten or so more threads left in this I think.

MojoJojo

Quote from: Kankurette on July 20, 2022, 03:24:04 PMThree, some people have said they're sending their kids to Catholic schools because they don't teach 'gender woo', so indoctrination is OK when it's religious, evidently.

Very strange thing to do if you're worried about men is dresses fiddling with kids.

shoulders

At this point all other considerations have gone out of the window.

Anti-Abortion evangelical? My kinda guy! Catholic schooling to safeguard children? Why not! That NSDAP may have rum views on genetics but they hate transpeople!

This sort of basic inability to process information let alone weigh it against other information, abdicating basic reasoning for 'my enemy' s enemy is my friend' is telling of a mind that's turned to sludge.

NeaX

Quote from: Mindy Simmons on July 20, 2022, 11:47:38 AMBeen reliving the Glinner Greatest Hits: Glinner Gets Banned from Twitter, then Gets Told to Shut Up and Fuck Off From Mumsnet, Glinner Rants About Healthy Breast Tissue, Glinner Attempts to Crawl Up Rowling's Arse and Predictably Fails, Sian Posting, and Glinner Can't Order Takeaways. Honorable mentions go to Glinner Mocks Looks of Others, Despite Looking Like...Well, Glinner, Glinner Gets Mad at Elliot Page For Living His Best Life, and of course Glinner Buys Carbonara for One.

Poor Glindr. It doesn't even register as a footnote. I'll never forget you!

Mister Six

Quote from: Alberon on July 20, 2022, 05:41:31 PMHe's pulled it out of the bag before when he's unexpectedly scaled Mount Banana and found some new level of idiocy but I do get the feeling we're near the end.

I know you imply this with the last paragraph, but someone has said something like this every couple of threads for the past two years (at least).

Alberon

I know he's lost Twitter again twice recently (his waiting to be officially reinstated account being banned and being spurned by his potential new step-daddy Elon) but he does seem deflated and low energy even for him.

HamishMacbeth

Quote from: Alberon on July 20, 2022, 05:41:31 PMI do feel Linehan is at a dead end. Even the transphobes don't pay him much attention these days.

His attempts to align with other right wing nut jobs will probably fade away as he loses interest like everything else he does.

He's pulled it out of the bag before when he's unexpectedly scaled Mount Banana and found some new level of idiocy but I do get the feeling we're near the end.

Definitely feels like when this board moves on it'll basically be the last of the attention. He's gone from Newsnight, to Nolan, to GBNews, to barely drawing views on a dead-end political show by the producer of Rob Brydon's Annually Retentive. The last few years of his career are basically going to be like those embarassing gritty final seasons of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show nobody remembers.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 20, 2022, 04:53:21 PMWhen you need a break from all this, please have a read about transvestigators, who I hope are all having a laugh:

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/transvestigator-celebrity-conspiracy-theories
Good grief. It's all batshit, but I particularly love* the notion that a notorious harbour of these allegedly AMAB women is the Isle of Man.

Wait. Of course! That's what the blessed Saint JK was alluding to when she tweeted the Manx flag.

Ferris

My province has been captured!

https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20220720002

(Posting this only because a friend of mine wrote the policy brief and helped draft the legislation.)

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: Alberon on July 20, 2022, 05:41:31 PMHis attempts to align with other right wing nut jobs will probably fade away as he loses interest like everything else he does.

Transphobia was just a fad.

Alberon

The one thing he really should lose interest in is the one thing he never will.

FalknerHinton

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 20, 2022, 04:41:15 PMLmao graham linehan write a joke? This isnt 1996. Like Gary Lineker saying hell shit on the pitch score goals for you

Fixed, for accuracy.

Kankurette

grainger

Quote from: NeaX on July 20, 2022, 06:15:08 PMPoor Glindr. It doesn't even register as a footnote. I'll never forget you!

What was the story with Glindr, anyway? From what I can glean, he comissioned someone to write a Twitter clone for him...? I've seen screenshots in these threads, and it looks hilariously like Twitter, but it surely can't have the same functionality, can it?

FalknerHinton

Quote from: grainger on July 20, 2022, 06:49:36 PMWhat was the story with Glindr, anyway? From what I can glean, he comissioned someone to write a Twitter clone for him...? I've seen screenshots in this thread, and it looks like Twitter, but it surely can't have the same functionality, can it?

It was a Mastodon* fork, essentially just a reskin of Spinster, a "women only" Mastodon instance.

If I remember right, he got the same guy who set up Spinster to do Glindr for him. At the start it was open registration, though that didn't last long. He used it for a while, but because he only allowed people who agreed with him on it he got bored because he couldn't get into fights/bully people like he did on Twitter.

Amusingly, he also set up a Telegram channel, which has since been abandoned.

*Mastodon is an open-source twitter alternative. You can basically set up your own instance and cater to pretty much any niche you like. (Sorry if you already know this!)

pigamus

Quote from: Alberon on July 20, 2022, 06:25:19 PMI know he's lost Twitter again twice recently (his waiting to be officially reinstated account being banned and being spurned by his potential new step-daddy Elon) but he does seem deflated and low energy even for him.

Wow. Could it really be that? He genuinely thought Elon Musk was going to give him his Twitter account back and now he's depressed?

phes

Quote from: retsuza on July 20, 2022, 04:32:25 PMHe brings uo Debbie Hayton as a Good Trans and asks why don't we ever see her on television?

Uhhhh isn't she on telly all the time?

Properly gone, hasn't he. Also convinced that the terrible trans will push people into voting in a UK Trump, like, where have you been Graham for the last... actually don't answer that because we all know you've been swtaggering about your flat like John Wayne and spitting at 2D sub-Rowling enemies

Flouncer

EPISODE 1
The idyllic town of Twin Peaks is rocked by a brutal transing: the local homecoming queen is found transitioned. Sheriff Terfman and the witless Deputy Morty go to investigate, but are left baffled. They send for Agent Glinner - the only man lucid and reasonable enough to solve the case.

QuoteSian: 7.30am, Febuary 24th. Entering the town of Twin Peaks. I've never seen so many burly, mustachioed women in my life. Looks like the whole town has been captured. I'm here to investigate the removal of some fine, healthy young breast tissue - clearly the work of Mermaids. I went to have lunch at the local diner, which I'm told has the finest cherry pie the town has to offer, but the waitress refused to sign my declaration of women's sex based rights and kept glancing at the stain on my trousers, so I called her a handmaiden and told her to "Shut UP! Fuck OFF!" I was then asked to leave the premises. Thankfully the boys at the local sheriff's station are a great bunch of lads and offered me a selection of bananas that had been painstakingly laid out on a table.

Tune in next week for Episode 2, in which Agent Glinner is approached by Helen Penisland, a local oddball known as the Bog Lady, who asks him a cryptic question relating to womens lavatories.

grainger

Quote from: FalknerHinton on July 20, 2022, 06:55:18 PMIt was a Mastodon* fork, essentially just a reskin of Spinster, a "women only" Mastodon instance.

If I remember right, he got the same guy who set up Spinster to do Glindr for him. At the start it was open registration, though that didn't last long. He used it for a while, but because he only allowed people who agreed with him on it he got bored because he couldn't get into fights/bully people like he did on Twitter.

Amusingly, he also set up a Telegram channel, which has since been abandoned.

*Mastodon is an open-source twitter alternative. You can basically set up your own instance and cater to pretty much any niche you like. (Sorry if you already know this!)

No, I didn't know that - thanks!

NeaX

Quote from: Flouncer on July 20, 2022, 07:28:00 PMHelen Penisland

That's become her real name, in my head.

The Penisland Question

Should an adult male born person with a stani be able to undress in a communal changing room where teenage girls are undressing?

Elfking

It's important to remember that these people are doing very real harm. As this polling shows. It's grim stuff: https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1549692153365991424

pigamus

JaDanketies

Quote from: phes on July 20, 2022, 07:11:40 PMProperly gone, hasn't he. Also convinced that the terrible trans will push people into voting in a UK Trump, like, where have you been Graham for the last... actually don't answer that because we all know you've been swtaggering about your flat like John Wayne and spitting at 2D sub-Rowling enemies

"I'm so concerned that the UK is going to vote in a Trumpish character because of trans acceptance that I am going to be a loud and excited advocate of the most rightwing candidates for leadership of the rightwing party."

The Late Satoru Iwata

To be honest, I think the legality of the branding is almost certainly the main (or only) factor but it still amused me.

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: Elfking on July 20, 2022, 08:22:31 PMIt's important to remember that these people are doing very real harm. As this polling shows. It's grim stuff: https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1549692153365991424

This is so depressing.

I was re-reading about Lucy Meadows (the trans woman John Littledick essentially bullied into suicide) and the fact Littledick still has his job all these years later shows you how our media was always a bag of shit to trans people.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: HamishMacbeth on July 20, 2022, 06:27:09 PMThe last few years of his career are basically going to be like those embarassing gritty final seasons of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show nobody remembers.

God don't say that there's been three Ninja Turtles cartoon series since then. Gritty faux-anime Glinner. Aw, a child made Glinner on their computer Glinner. Brightly coloured flailing vomit Glinner.