Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:21:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lines of comedy that have inexplicably sat in your subconscious ever since

Started by Replies From View, June 25, 2022, 12:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusAndYourBush

Another one. Circa 1984.

"Pork scratchings... doggy itchings... chicken bits."

???

neveragain

Gurke and Hare

Not the Nine O'Clock News, sketch about overwhelming choice in early 80s hipster bars.

robhug

"I hate Sebastian Coe!"

Not a mention or sighting of Coe on telly goes by without me exclaiming this, which must have got pretty tedious for the rest of the family around the time of the 2012 olympics, less so these days thank god.

Joe Qunt

"Everything's coming up Milhouse!" is said whenever anything mildly good happens to me.

kalowski

Quote from: Joe Qunt on July 25, 2022, 11:25:12 AM"Everything's coming up Milhouse!" is said whenever anything mildly good happens to me.
Ah, so it's not just me.

famethrowa

It's not inexplicable, it's one of the best, but I can rarely hear "cuisine" without adding "and cooking".

SpiderChrist

Quote from: famethrowa on July 25, 2022, 01:49:51 PMIt's not inexplicable, it's one of the best, but I can rarely hear "cuisine" without adding "and cooking".

Coozeen.

TheMonk

Every time I bend down to pick something up, Frank Spencer saying "Legs apart".

Ant Farm Keyboard

From Andy Richter Controls the Universe.

'I'm sorry to hear about your mother.'
'Well, at least she died doing what she loved... committing suicide.'

non capisco

The episode of Athletico Mince where Carol Beardsley tells Peter his haircut makes him look like "an Albanian cobbler."

sevendaughters

"You put wine...on a fish?" from a Punt and Dennis sketch really giving it to Food and Drink. Wasn't that funny at the time really.

petril

QuoteHurst for comedy! Hurst for swearing! Hurst for value! Hurst amongst equals! Hurst Contact! Baldly Going! Here comes Hurst! He's got some comedy on the pitch! They think it's all over... IT ISN'T YET!

from Alexei Sayle's Merry-Go-Round

one of those ones that was flung out in summer, which meant it got watched due to the lack of pretty much anything else worth the time

if the Egyptian Pyramids voiceover sounds oddly familiar, that's because it's the actual Peter Serafinowicz because everyone was in Merry Go Round in some capacity, it seems

neveragain

Quote from: sevendaughters on July 26, 2022, 12:04:32 PM"You put wine...on a fish?" from a Punt and Dennis sketch really giving it to Food and Drink. Wasn't that funny at the time really.

"I'll be sick on a dog in the morning."

Ferris

Quote from: robhug on July 25, 2022, 09:57:15 AM"I hate Sebastian Coe!"

Not a mention or sighting of Coe on telly goes by without me exclaiming this, which must have got pretty tedious for the rest of the family around the time of the 2012 olympics, less so these days thank god.

Similarly whenever I hear "Heseltine" I think "fading fast" and this

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Joe Qunt on July 25, 2022, 11:25:12 AM"Everything's coming up Milhouse!" is said whenever anything mildly good happens to me.

and for me...Martin's advice.

Ferris

Captain Z

When I was nasty you came and Ray skewed me
Reached down into the plate and gave ten pee
Oh Claude, Serge love
I want a spa from you
As I cook beef

There is a nude czar in my mouth
There is a deep fryer in my hut
I need my braids to hold my tea cup
Allez loo yah
And how I stank from Harvey's swamp
My lavvies stink now with dry sick on
The odour's gone, and the loo has gone

The Mollusk

Ted Maul comes into my head a lot. I often think of "catapult them into a shop and force them to steal booze, fags and mags" when I'm in a convenience shop. Similarly we eat a lot of rice in our house and whenever I check to see if it's cooked I always think "Kids burst shops by filling them with rice and pouring in water, then standing back and laughing while the bricks are ripped apart by the swelling food." That last bit is basically the only way I can imagine rice now. Swelling food.

elastoplastthefasterplast

I regularly think of a Morris line about things which "bend and vex the mind". Said it to the cat earlier. I can't even remember the context, it's just a lovely phrase

kalowski

Julian Clary and Jo Brand calling themselves supermodels "Claudia Schafter and Linda Vagina Blister"

non capisco

Quote from: kalowski on July 31, 2022, 08:42:15 PMJulian Clary

"Don't lunge at me, Richard!" from his RHLSTP appearance makes regular appearances in my head.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: non capisco on July 31, 2022, 08:49:00 PM"Don't lunge at me, Richard!" from his RHLSTP appearance makes regular appearances in my head.

Similarly with Clary's sardonic repetition of "A meal?"

Ferris

Gareth from The Office trying to worm his way into a conversation by echoing the topic of conversation. Now whenever someone says Saturday, I hear:

"Saturday... snacks..."

Something in MacKenzie Crook's delivery has stayed with me 20 years.

cacciaguida

Quote from: Pink Gregory on July 31, 2022, 08:53:43 PMSimilarly with Clary's sardonic repetition of "A meal?"

Similarly when he tells a gentleman in the front row that

"You're never too old for a hoody"

kalowski

Chapman saying "He asked me! He asked me!"  to camera when Cleese says he'll do the operation but "only if you'll come on a camping holiday with me."

Ferris

Most of Chris Morris' accusations during the Paedogeddon episode of Brass Eye, but particularly "you are The Crazy World of Arthur Brown".

'Always the same', from Big Keith's appraisal, whenever something incredibly simple to grasp has to be repeated more than once.