Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:54:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

James Acaster: where do I start?

Started by Ferris, May 24, 2022, 08:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Captain Z on July 21, 2022, 01:15:13 PMFair play, "One Sinha Lifetime" is quite a good title for his show.
Much better than any of Joe Lycett's similarly themed titles. Has he also done "Oh, Sinha Man"?

niat

I was surprised to see that Acaster is a guest on this Thursday's episode of Marc Maron's WTF podcast. It'll be interesting to see how the two interact.

Virgo76

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on July 25, 2022, 12:34:56 PMMuch better than any of Joe Lycett's similarly themed titles. Has he also done "Oh, Sinha Man"?

In fairness, That's The Way A-Ha A-Ha Joe Lycett was a very good title.

Twilkes

I would call my show 'Money's too tight Tim Minchin', but I'm not Tim Minchin.

Ferris

Quote from: Ferris on June 14, 2022, 01:03:26 AMJust finished CLHM1999 and thought it was a terrific bit of standup. Some really clever ideas that were well executed, and you can't fault the rawness of the material.

He's also a brilliant performer, and while it wasn't exactly outré re: the rules of standup, it still pushed some unconventional ideas that I enjoyed.

It's the best bit of "live" comedy I've seen in years, and as much as Vimeo was a total pain in the arse it's worth the 10 quid because I'll be watching it a few more times at least.

Very much worth your time. Good stuff.

Watched it again with Mrs Ferris who thought it was brilliant.

Annoyingly that was also my opinion so can't draw up divorce documents yet but give it time.

Not sure if this belongs here or Oscillations, but it looks like James is going to be returning to making music as TEMPS: "international music collective ft james acaster & 39 bona fide genii"

Very short teaser here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM04tWLLtV8

Intriguing!

A bit more info from Shamir:

"I made an album with James Acaster and a bunch of other incredible musicians and its fucking BRILLIANT if I do say so myself 😔 can't wait for the world to hear this! More soon!!!!"

https://twitter.com/ShamirBailey/status/1584993954453688320