Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:04:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

David Jason spouts a load of fecking bollocks and says he was offered Father Ted

Started by George White, July 23, 2022, 11:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

I think the best tribute at David Jason's funeral would be Dave Mustaine singing A Tout Le Monde

Video Game Fan 2000

The best tribute would be if his family took over someone else's funeral because he was originally offered that grave

Nowhere Man

Rodney sets up the hooky sound system at Del Boy Jason's funeral service and one of the speakers explodes.

Ghostly Boycie and Mike watch this from heaven up above on a big fuck off cloud and start laughing, whilst the newly dead David Jason winces. "I don't ber-luddy believe that dipstick! Here I am, newly dead, and this plonkers making me look a right Wally!"

GOD BLESS HOOKY STREET
VIVA HOOKY STREET
LONG LIVE HOOKY STREET

McDead

Quote from: Nowhere Man on July 29, 2022, 06:17:10 PMRodney sets up the hooky sound system at Del Boy Jason's funeral service and one of the speakers explodes.

Ghostly Boycie and Mike watch this from heaven up above on a big fuck off cloud and start laughing, whilst the newly dead David Jason winces. "I don't ber-luddy believe that dipstick! Here I am, newly dead, and this plonkers making me look a right Wally!"

GOD BLESS HOOKY STREET
VIVA HOOKY STREET
LONG LIVE HOOKY STREET

Boycie is in hell

Video Game Fan 2000

Replies From View

What if you went to an Only Fools
memorial and it was just an aquarium packed with dead fish

Spudgun

20-year-old article courtesy of @bbapbf on Twitter:

Coogan and Jason on Craggy Island - what could have been!

Video Game Fan 2000

Bungling Dougal sounds like the name for an asian city in a war game made by american college dropouts in the 90s.

Alberon

Maybe Jason wasn't spouting fecking bollocks after all. Maybe some brainless exec was sounding out known British TV comic actors for the roles rather than Irish unknowns.

So Jason as Ted and Coogan as Dougal, who would have been tapped for the roles of Jack and Mrs Doyle?

neveragain

Coogan fact: The Ted script book tells us that the role of the alternately scruffy and slick Song For Europe presenter was originally written for him.

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: neveragain on August 22, 2022, 10:51:42 AMCoogan fact: The Ted script book tells us that the role of the alternately scruffy and slick Song For Europe presenter was originally written for him.

Would have been interesting to see that by glad it didn't happen. As a British viewer, Father Ted always felt like it's in it's own world which an appearance from Coogan would jolt. It works with Richard Wilson for obvious reasons.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on August 21, 2022, 04:19:50 AMBungling Dougal sounds like the name for an asian city in a war game made by american college dropouts in the 90s.

no, no, it's all yet another embarrassing misunderstanding, Coogan was offered the job of Bungle or Dougal.

JamesTC

A little known fact that David Jason was offered the role of Alan Partridge.

Glebe

Cold Meat Platter

petril

Video Game Fan 2000

David Jason was offered initials but instead he does a big flash autograph

Twit 2

Video Game Fan 2000

David Jason Foster Wallace

this is only the bleeding water ain't it

Video Game Fan 2000

Pimhole

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on August 22, 2022, 02:04:34 PMWould have been interesting to see that by glad it didn't happen. As a British viewer, Father Ted always felt like it's in it's own world which an appearance from Coogan would jolt. It works with Richard Wilson for obvious reasons.

Oh come on. The one thing Richard Wilson's appearance isn't is believable.

poodlefaker

a young Johnny Marr, looking for a singer to work with, originally approached David Jason, who was in Manchester at the time to discuss various roles (all subsequently rejected) for Granada TV. Marr felt the veratile actor would make the ideal frontman and provide a perfect lyrical foil to his nascent musical talent. Jason demurred, although the two developed a strong friendship, which rankled with Morrissey, whose barbed references to "hang DJ" in Panic give evidence to his jealousy. 

bigfatheart

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: Pimhole on August 23, 2022, 07:17:03 AMOh come on. The one thing Richard Wilson's appearance isn't is believable.

Are you saying...you don't believe it?

JamesTC

David Jason was set to play Richard Wilson in that Father Ted episode but he had severe gout so had to pull out.

idunnosomename

Freddy vs David Jason