Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:35:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Edinburgh Fringe 2022

Started by JCR, March 03, 2022, 02:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Pie Pie Eater on August 01, 2022, 09:32:20 PMOoh nice, I am going to Two Hearts and Snort on Sun 7th. I've got a free week (as in child free) from 6th - 13th so squeezing almost everything in then, though I've got a few things dotted about that are only happening later on in the month (Dr Brown / Sam Campbell)

I hope you enjoy them, I've seen a lot of previews this year but they were definitely my favourite. I also saw New Zealand comic Eli Matthewson's preview last night and enjoyed it a lot, it's not doing anything amazingly original but the jokes are very strong throughout, and I'd definitely recommend it if you get the chance.

Quote from: sevendaughters on August 01, 2022, 09:36:21 PMno disrespect to the hardworking comedy fans of this forum who aren't machotrouts but where is machotrouts?

I was wondering that the other day, and the answer appears to be "In the Wordle thread, but rarely elsewhere". I hope he is back at the Fringe this year though as his reviews were always a fantastic read.

DrGreggles

In Edinburgh from 8th to 20th, but technically working for the first 3 days.
Ludicrous schedule from 11th.

CaledonianGonzo

First proper fringe for 3 years. There'll be a lot of troops fallen by the wayside in the intervening years.

JCR

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on August 01, 2022, 10:28:18 PMFirst proper fringe for 3 years. There'll be a lot of troops fallen by the wayside in the intervening years.

I saw the grey ponytail at Stewart Lee in June, so he's still alive and kicking 👍😂

ProvanFan

Skinner's aff

QuoteWe regret to inform that due to a family health issue, Frank Skinner is unable to travel for the foreseeable future, therefore his sold-out 30 Years of Dirt stand-up show at Assembly, Edinburgh this August has regrettably been cancelled. All ticket holders will receive a full refund. Frank's weekly Absolute Radio show will continue as normal.

DrGreggles

Shame, that was going to be my final show.

the science eel

Ah fuck. Had tickets for this Thursday.

How did you find out?

ProvanFan

Well first a friend who'd read it on a football forum told me. Then I checked my emails and had one from BoxOfficeManager@assemblyfestival.com which confirmed it.

DrGreggles

It's showing as cancelled for the whole run on edfringe.com, but I've not received an email.

DrGreggles

BTW, I've noticed very little sketch comedy in my schedule, other than Sheeps and Crybabies.

Any recommendations?

machotrouts

Quote from: sevendaughters on August 01, 2022, 09:36:21 PMno disrespect to the hardworking comedy fans of this forum who aren't machotrouts but where is machotrouts?

Broke and depressed at home 👍

the science eel

Quote from: ProvanFan on August 02, 2022, 10:24:32 PMWell first a friend who'd read it on a football forum told me. Then I checked my emails and had one from BoxOfficeManager@assemblyfestival.com which confirmed it.

Thanks. Haven't had an email but I guess that's because I ordered through a different site.

Tim Vine tonight, anyway.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 02, 2022, 10:31:22 PMBTW, I've noticed very little sketch comedy in my schedule, other than Sheeps and Crybabies.

Any recommendations?

"Foil", "Arms" & "Hog"?

greencalx

Are they any good? In previous years I have found their posters to be unreasonably irritating - even by the standard of Fringe posters - but this year's is not so bad...

I saw their show Oink when they toured it a few years ago and it was fine? I've seen worse sketch but I've seen better.

Tarot would be my sketch recommendation anyway. Saw a preview a few weeks ago at ARG comedy festival and really enjoyed it.

BritishHobo

I've watched a lot of Foil, Arms and Hog's online sketches, and one filmed live show, and I really like them. I hope this helps.

edwardfog

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 02, 2022, 10:31:22 PMBTW, I've noticed very little sketch comedy in my schedule, other than Sheeps and Crybabies.

Any recommendations?

Tarot, Britney, Siblings and The Delightful Sausage should all be pretty good

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: waste of chops on August 03, 2022, 09:29:36 AMTarot would be my sketch recommendation anyway. Saw a preview a few weeks ago at ARG comedy festival and really enjoyed it.

Hopefully tightened up a tad from the fairly ramshackle early WIP I saw a few months back.

Timothy

We have two spares for Tim Key at pleasance tonight. Anyone interested in taking these off your hands? Cost us 10 per ticket, for 15 you can get both. Its a QR code so can email them if anyone is interested.

the science eel

CaledonianGonzo

Doubt I'll see him this year, but he's always a safe bet.

greencalx

That's the one show we have tickets for - it'll be The Child's first grown-up show, so I hope it's reasonably family friendly... (programme said 12+ I think)

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: edwardfog on August 03, 2022, 09:38:51 AMTarot, Britney, Siblings and The Delightful Sausage should all be pretty good

I'd also add Shelf (two women, one of whom sings a lot, but both are very funny), Business Casual (three quite weird Americans whose preview on Sunday made me laugh a good deal), and New Zealand improv sketch group Snort (Rose Matafeo, Laura Daniel, lots of other talented people) were brilliant and I'm madly in love with all of them).

the science eel

Quote from: greencalx on August 03, 2022, 11:24:44 PMThat's the one show we have tickets for - it'll be The Child's first grown-up show, so I hope it's reasonably family friendly... (programme said 12+ I think)

Without a doubt. A fair proportion of it unironically so - singalong songs, call-and-response panto stuff.

greencalx

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 03, 2022, 11:28:53 PMSnort (Rose Matafeo, Laura Daniel, lots of other talented people) were brilliant and I'm madly in love with all of them).

If its a deal-breaker for people I wouldn't expect R. Matafeo to be pop up at this that regularly.

Crabwalk

I've got a spare ticket for Snort tonight if anyone wants it (free)?

Malcy

Can anyone recommend shows for a 7 year old in the latter half of the month? Was hoping to use that as an excuse to see Basil Brush but not able as he's a first half of the monther :(

EDIT - Basil not the child

Purple Toupee

Saw a bunch of preview shows over the last two days, probably obvious ones to recommend but Tim Key and Patti Harrison were the two best by far.