Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:43:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021/2022: All Thread Everything

Started by madhair60, November 22, 2021, 08:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 01, 2022, 09:34:25 PMThe dirt sheets reporting that Sasha is returning to WWE.

Hope she's been vaxxed.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 01, 2022, 07:00:17 PMSRS reporting that Raw is meant to be a "statement" show tonight. First proper show under Triple H's regime.

And this WWE tweet heavily implies Sasha and Naomi returning: https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1554149962224730114?s=20&t=bogFhVpk1Zc55Hndab51hQ

Does it?

Mobius

Ja'moke

As Mobius said, it uses the names of both their finishers.

Ja'moke

Am I actually going to watch Raw? The match card that Fightful just reported looks very strong, and more importantly, fresh!

- Triple Threat Match: Winner face each other for United States Championship Opportunity
AJ Styles vs. Mustafa Ali vs. The Miz

- Montez Ford vs. Seth "Freakin" Rollins

- Alexa Bliss vs. Asuka

- Triple Threat Match: Winner face each other for United States Championship Opportunity
Dolph Ziggler vs. Ciampa vs. Gable

- Bianca Belair vs. IYO SKY (w/ Bayley & Dakota Kai)

- Undisputed WWE Tag-Team Championship
The Mysterios vs. The Usos

Deanjam

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on August 01, 2022, 09:50:55 PMHope she's been vaxxed.

She got vaxxed ages ago, as she was on the UK tour when vaccines were required to enter the country. She may be an anti-science dumbo, but I guess money trumps it.

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 02, 2022, 12:48:33 AMAm I actually going to watch Raw? The match card that Fightful just reported looks very strong, and more importantly, fresh!

AJ Styles vs. Mustafa Ali vs. The Miz

- Montez Ford vs. Seth "Freakin" Rollins

- Alexa Bliss vs. Asuka

Dolph Ziggler vs. Ciampa vs. Gable

- Bianca Belair vs. IYO SKY (w/ Bayley & Dakota Kai)

- Undisputed WWE Tag-Team Championship
The Mysterios vs. The Usos

I'm watching as I'm currently off work with post-covid shittiness. Looks a strong show in ring, though I see they're still using 'championship opportunity' nonsense words. Hopefully AJ & Ciampa win so we get that match later. Belair/Sky almost certain to end in a non finish, but could be a cracking match if allowed time.

Ja'moke

Man I forgot how much stalling there is in between matches. I know people complain that AEW moves at breakneck speed and doesn't let moments breathe, but I prefer that over all these video packages etc.

Gurke and Hare

The US Championship video package was pretty good, but I could well do without all the Summerslam recaps. I could also do without Miz's trunks.

Ja'moke

They seem to have stopped the fake crowd noise at least.

Deanjam

That was a very good match with a great finish. Come on Ciampa, give us the match with AJ!

Ja'moke

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 02, 2022, 01:17:17 AMMan I forgot how much stalling there is in between matches. I know people complain that AEW moves at breakneck speed and doesn't let moments breathe, but I prefer that over all these video packages etc.

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on August 02, 2022, 01:21:31 AMThe US Championship video package was pretty good, but I could well do without all the Summerslam recaps. I could also do without Miz's trunks.

Some aspects of the presentation (including the camera work) aren't gonna change until the production team goes. From what I understand, even if Hunter and Steph want to get rid of Kevin Dunn and his team, they won't do it for a while as they don't want to spook share holders with major changes.

Ja'moke

Yeah, I'm checking out for now. It's just not a good show to watch live. Will check for the highlights tomorrow.

Deanjam

Overall a good Raw for matches and a sense of storylines progressing towards something. All the usual production issues, but an improvement.

elliszeroed

I haven't been paying much attention to WWE of late. Just watched Summerslam.

But: Io Shiria!

And Lesnar! Loved him as the beast, but I think I love him even more as the cowboy hat wearing country boy! He has great power on the mic and an infectious smile!

Ja'moke

Raw did 2.2 million last night and 0.61. Massive number. Although the first hour did air commercial free, which obviously boosted the numbers up (the first hour did 2.4 mil). But I imagine the intrigue of Triple H's first Raw and the tractor viral moment helped too.

Ja'moke

Ja'moke

AEW has announced some talent relations changes:

QuoteAEW CEO, GM and Head of Creative Tony Khan announced an expansion toAEW's talent relations team with the promotions of key staff members including Sonjay Dutt, QT Marshall, Pat Buck and Tony Schiavone. In addition, Madison Rayne will join AEW as a coach in the women's division.

As AEW continues its meteoric rise, the expanded talent relations team will strengthen the infrastructure required to facilitate the development, health and safety of AEW's outstanding roster. The following promotions and additions are effective immediately:

Sonjay Dutt (Retesh Bhalla) has been promoted to Vice President of Production and Creative Coordination. In this role, he will coordinate communication of AEW storylines, liaise between post-production and key staff to maintain content workflow, produce ancillary content and mentor new producers. Dutt joined AEW in 2021, bringing more than 20 years of experience in professional wrestling – both in-ring and as a producer – and continues to serve on-screen as manager to Satnam Singh and Jay Lethal.

QT Marshall (Michael Cuellari) has been promoted to Vice President of Show and Creative Coordination. He will help to manage show elements including planning programs and storylines, character development, overseeing extras and live event logistics coordination. Marshall, an AEW original with more than 20 years of experience, will continue to wrestle as the leader of The Factory with Anthony Ogogo, Nick Comoroto, Aaron Solo and Cole Karter.

Pat Buck (Pat Buckridge) has been promoted to Vice President of Talent Development. In this position, he will liaise with talent and production, oversee all coaches, provide input on matches and promos, and lead the talent relations team. Buck brings nearly two decades of experience serving wrestling promotions as a talent, trainer, producer and promoter.

Tony Schiavone has been promoted to Senior Producer and Special Advisor to Talent. In this capacity, he will work directly with talent as part of the Talent Relations team. Schiavone is one of AEW's most tenured members and has nearly 40 years of experience, with an iconic voice that has guided fans through professional wrestling's most incredible moments.

Madison Rayne (Ashley Nichole Lomberger) will join AEW as a coach in the women's division, and kick-off her new role tonight in her hometown of Columbus, Ohio. Madison has competed in numerous professional wrestling promotions where she has held multiple championship titles, including 5-time Women's World Champion. She has more than 15 years of experience in professional wrestling, and is also a proud mom to a daughter.

Christopher Daniels, an AEW original who brings more than 30 years of industry experience, will continue to serve as Manager of Talent Relations. The Talent Relations team will also remain in close contact with AEW's Legal and Talent Resources team - led by Margaret Stalvey, Chris Peck and Megha Parekh - who help to support the physical and mental health, safety and security of talent. AEW is also committed to supporting talent beyond the ring, and offers access to world-class physicians, trainers and mental health clinicians.

Spiteface

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 03, 2022, 02:17:55 AMWrestling was just a tiny thing happening in bars until Vince came along according to Trips: https://twitter.com/wiretaup/status/1554552491257241600?s=21&t=gZ6cMAtmawxQkYXLbgF-Ng

This is why I don't have that much faith in HHH being in charge of creative. He's still parroting WWE propaganda.

Even worse are the bellends that think anything that isn't WWE, is automatically stuff that happens in "Bingo Halls" (and it's always Bingo Halls), like no wrestling other than WWE was ever big.

Mobius

That AEW wrestling game looks pretty shite doesn't it?

Psybro

Just watched Rampage and actually thought the main event was quite good, maybe influenced by Thunder Rosa having a couple of clunkers recently.  Anna Jay might be the reverse Sammy, she's a natural babyface all day but working heel suits her much better in the ring.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Mobius on August 03, 2022, 10:20:22 PMThat AEW wrestling game looks pretty shite doesn't it?

Yeah, it looks like a PS2 game.

Mobius

Yeah the graphics look rubbish, and the movement and everything really. And it looks like there's a load of stupid Wii type minigames that aren't anything to do with wrestling.

Wasn't expecting anything amazing but those shit WWE games are not exactly a high bar. Just spend a bit more time making it look less amateur fuck sake!

It does say there's a 'deep career mode' at least, so we'll see.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Mobius on August 03, 2022, 10:20:22 PMThat AEW wrestling game looks pretty shite doesn't it?

The mini-games look fun. A Penta dancing game? Shida playing baseball?

I know fuck all about games though, looks fine to me as long it's easy enough to play.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Mobius on August 03, 2022, 10:31:09 PMYeah the graphics look rubbish, and the movement and everything really. And it looks like there's a load of stupid Wii type minigames that aren't anything to do with wrestling.

Wasn't expecting anything amazing but those shit WWE games are not exactly a high bar. Just spend a bit more time making it look less amateur fuck sake!

It does say there's a 'deep career mode' at least, so we'll see.

With Omega's involvement (with him being a big wrestling gamer), people like Aubrey Edwards involved and loads of wrestlers saying they are fans of video games, I was actually expecting this to be amazing. Been holding off on playing Fire Pro waiting for this, may as well give that a go as my go to wrestling game, this AEW one doesn't look up to much yet.

Mobius

Yeah I might give it a go too. Been wanting a wrestling game and downloaded the demo of the latest WWE game the other day and it was awful.

What's the best wrestling game for booking shows and stuff? Like Football Manager but for wrestling. Some sort of career/management mode rather than actually doing the wrestling.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Mobius on August 03, 2022, 11:26:45 PMYeah I might give it a go too. Been wanting a wrestling game and downloaded the demo of the latest WWE game the other day and it was awful.

What's the best wrestling game for booking shows and stuff? Like Football Manager but for wrestling. Some sort of career/management mode rather than actually doing the wrestling.

I think Fire Pro is very good for that, I know there are story modes and add on DLCs you can buy, create your own moves and entrances etc. I'm sure you can play it a management sim rather than playing the actual wrestling matches, I need to look into it a bit more. I bought it and a few of the NJPW DLC packs a while ago when they were on sale but havent tried it out properly yet.

Fake Edit - actually, have you tried the AEW Elite GM mobile game? I think that was a straight management sim.

Ja'moke

The women's match not at 9:20pm ?!! What is this voodoo?!

Gurke and Hare

Ja'moke

I laughed out loud at the crying kid. Haha.

This has been another great show so far. They gave the women's match time and hey, it was ace and got a This Is Awesome chant!

Also, that pop for Starks!