Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:12:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tourist takes over running of government ...

Started by jjlothin, August 04, 2022, 03:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjlothin

Does anyone happen to remember which CM show (blowed if I can think whether it was On The Hour, Day Today or Brass Eye) where a tourist to a governmental palace happens upon the incumbent dead and rises to the task of running the government?

shoulders

jjlothin

It is/was - as with so much else in 'On the hour'!

Mister Six

It doesn't ring a bell @jjlothin, and OTH is the only one that I haven't fully listened to/watched, so I'm pretty sure it's that.

jjlothin

Quote from: Mister Six on August 11, 2022, 03:34:19 AMIt doesn't ring a bell @jjlothin, and OTH is the only one that I haven't fully listened to/watched, so I'm pretty sure it's that.

Highly recommend that you do have a good listen to OTH! Feeling too drained to do anything else in the heat, I've just had a quick trawl through and I've finally found the relevant (very) brief clip in SO2E04 at 16.10 - https://archive.org/details/s01e05onthehour/S02E04+On+The+Hour.mp3.

So many gems in OTH ... such as The Welsh at 13.44 of the same episode.

Mister Six

agentorange76

Quote from: jjlothin on August 04, 2022, 03:35:20 PMDoes anyone happen to remember which CM show (blowed if I can think whether it was On The Hour, Day Today or Brass Eye) where a tourist to a governmental palace happens upon the incumbent dead and rises to the task of running the government?

It was in an episode of On the Hour where a guy finds the President Carlos Menem slumped dead on his desk and takes over running the country.