Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:31:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Good finds

Started by rilk, August 04, 2022, 11:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rilk

Assuming you're all charity shop fiends, what are your good recent finds?

I found a load of big late 90s Time Out covers, huge bus stop ads the other day. Had to have em. Big pic of John Simm in Human Traffic on my wall now - ooh!

Loadsa JG Ballard Panther paperbacks - nice!

Weeble Zoo - yeah I'll have that lovely thanks!

Ridiculous 70s safari jacket, yeah go on!

What you got?

Sebastian Cobb

N64 with two good-nick thumbsticks £7

Blue Collar soundtrack on vinyl

Sona stainless steel teapot

Fr.Bigley

The ark of the covenant. 30p

Dex Sawash

Found a pair of white jeans for my wife $2

Ray Travez

car boot sale- got a piece of 'cunting'; bunting that a woman had created from sewn erm, cunts. Fluffy black fur round the outside, with a pink vulval middle and a small red pom-pom for the clit. Would have bought the lot, but she wanted a quid for each piece. From the same stall I got two harmonicas, that old book of semen recipes, and a magazine of outsider art. I'll be selling the latter two.

Also bought a banjolele for £15.

rilk

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 04, 2022, 11:45:14 PMN64 with two good-nick thumbsticks £7

Fuck off did ya

Good find!

Sherringford Hovis

2005: walking dog through car park, found grubby leather hat that'd been run over several times.

2022: out-lasting three dogs, same tatterdemalion titfer's just gone over the rainbow bridge itself.

bomb_dog

Quote from: rilk on August 05, 2022, 01:26:47 AMFuck off did ya

Good find!

Bought a Wii for £3 last year at a car boot, with Sonic Colours, Just Dance, New Super Mario and some football thing or other.

Never got bargains that good before or since. Love a good boot, me.

chip

Found a CD of Shudder To Think's Pony Express Record in a Barnardo's. Couple of quid

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bomb_dog on August 05, 2022, 09:14:08 AMBought a Wii for £3 last year at a car boot, with Sonic Colours, Just Dance, New Super Mario and some football thing or other.

Never got bargains that good before or since. Love a good boot, me.

One of my mates scours car boots/junk shops/etc for things he can flip and he usually has a few wii's in his hands. Seems a lot of families must've got them when they were hyped and probably did little more than play wii sports with them.

They're actually a bargain given it's pretty trivial to softmod them and run both wii and gamecube games off a hard drive (it seems very fussy about flash storage) connected by USB. I dug mine out and had a spin on Okami during lockdown. It's also a pretty decent emulation box for 16/8-bit stuff.

dontpaintyourteeth

Used to get records for fuck all 20+ years ago. After the Gold Rush for fifty of yer English pence. That sort of thing. eBay and discogs put paid to all of that of course.

Tony Tony Tony

5 Viz annuals for a tenner at my local British Heart Foundation.

As a bonus they were from the days Viz was funny.

chip

Oh! Jesus Lizard's Goat on vinyl for a fiver once. That was a find that was good.

The Crumb

Brand new 33 litre rucksack for £6. Minus is that it's all army themed, plus is that it's very robust feeling and has a lot of pockets and bonus straps

Not a charity shop, but I spotted a Broons album for £2 in WH Smith's this morning. Not bad, I thought. Took it to the till and it scanned at a penny. Lovely old job.

The Mollusk

Someone left a lovely old floor standing globe in wooden framework outside their gaff, swept that you without a moment's hesitation. Love having guests round and pointing and Uraguay and doing the "you are gay" bit from the Simpsons.

madhair60

er... so you love being homophobic? um... not sure I'd admit to that...!!

Malcy

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on August 06, 2022, 01:39:14 PMNot a charity shop, but I spotted a Broons album for £2 in WH Smith's this morning. Not bad, I thought. Took it to the till and it scanned at a penny. Lovely old job.

Win!

JamesTC

Found £1 on the floor. Used it to buy two litres of bleach.

madhair60

Quote from: JamesTC on August 06, 2022, 06:11:26 PMFound £1 on the floor. Used it to buy two litres of bleach.

which you then DOWNED

Dex Sawash

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 06, 2022, 05:25:23 PMpointing and Uraguay and doing the "you are gay" bit from the Simpsons.

Are there any other possible globe bants?

Glants

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Dex Sawash on August 07, 2022, 03:24:35 AMAre there any other possible globe bants?

Glants

Uganda, I barely know 'er!

kittens

got a beautiful pink velvet jacket for 5 of pounds yesterday at a "flea market". it looks like it was ladys pyjamas but i wear it as normal clothe and i look fantastic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Dex Sawash on August 07, 2022, 03:24:35 AMAre there any other possible globe bants?

Glants

You could point at it and say " this means the world to me."

Icehaven

Aren't those big wooden globes usually drinks cabinets? Try opening it in the middle, you might get a nice surprise.

non capisco

A copy of the book 'Chronicles vol. 1' by Bob Dylan in which some wag had written "Dear reader, I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did writing it. Love, Bob Dylan."

badaids

Got a weird white label Cure EP called 'ator' for 20p in a charity shop once.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Icehaven on August 07, 2022, 10:39:29 AMAren't those big wooden globes usually drinks cabinets? Try opening it in the middle, you might get a nice surprise.

I wish it was, I love those things. To compensate I drilled and corked a tiny hole in the bottom, filled it with voddy and sometimes lie under it and have a little drip drink as I listen to Elliot Smith and feel myself decay into the floorboards.

The Mollusk

Now THIS is a good find, from a flat I was inspecting this weekend. Obviously I brought it home.

seepage

Comparative buys in the staff shop - 3rd growth claret, premier cru burgundy and super tuscans - for £2 a pop