Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,185
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 767
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:01:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Skull - New Predator Film

Started by Malcy, July 28, 2021, 04:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badaids

I think that this predator film should be set in Victorian London or something.  Just imagine the consequences when the a prederters doesn't wear his top hat properly or starts indiscriminately lazering children chimney sweeps.

madhair60

Quote from: Mister Six on June 24, 2022, 05:09:32 AMFuck me, we actually agree on something.

feels good... i like it...

Replies From View

Why do they keep banging on and on with Predator films and Terminator films and Home Alone films.  They need to learn when enough of a good thing is quite enough of that good thing.

13 schoolyards

Quote from: Replies From View on June 24, 2022, 10:43:29 AMWhy do they keep banging on and on with Predator films and Terminator films and Home Alone films.  They need to learn when enough of a good thing is quite enough of that good thing.

Pretty much the only thing a movie studio owns that's of any real value - aside from some backlot real estate and so on - is the intellectual property of your Terminators and Predators and Star Wars and so on. And if they don't actively exploit the IP by making films and TV series and lunchboxes and theme parks, they don't make money from it.

The only thing stopping them from making remakes and reboots of everything all the time is the vague sense that shitty remakes lessen the value of the IP so they'd better wait until they have a decent idea before trying it. And with your Predators and Terminators and Home Alone's there's already been enough shitty versions that one more won't knock any more zeroes off the IP's value and just might keep the franchise alive long enough for another remake in a few years.

badaids

Will this film, finally, get to the bottom of whether prederters have painted on arseholes.

Povidone

Predator 2 at least deserves some accolades for being the sweatiest film ever made, you just get the impression everybody on set was honking of B.O. I genuinely start feeling hot and uncomfortable watching it.

The only thing that even comes close is the video for Billy Idol's 'Dancing With Myself'.

phantom_power

This is getting rave reviews from America, though obviously that can be taken with a bit of a pinch of salt as it is a comicon screening but lots of people saying it is the best Predator film since the original, and not meaning that as a back-handed compliment

Replies From View

Worth holding in your mind that Americans aren't very good and they make loads of errors like how much food to eat in a single sitting

Probably best to wait until some other better people have a go on it

Butchers Blind

Would have liked the idea more if they took the bold step of having them speak in their actual native language and subtitled.

phantom_power

Quote from: Replies From View on July 23, 2022, 06:19:23 PMWorth holding in your mind that Americans aren't very good and they make loads of errors like how much food to eat in a single sitting

Probably best to wait until some other better people have a go on it

Yeah because we have a record of making great decisions recently and therefore should be happy to look down on others for their lack of judgement

Replies From View

Quote from: phantom_power on July 24, 2022, 12:53:54 PMYeah because we have a record of making great decisions recently and therefore should be happy to look down on others for their lack of judgement

stick to one topic at a time please, lest complications arise, like for example an american would cause due to being completely rubbish

elliszeroed

Quote from: Butchers Blind on July 24, 2022, 11:23:18 AMWould have liked the idea more if they took the bold step of having them speak in their actual native language and subtitled.

There is a Comanche language version.

elliszeroed

Pretty great. Loved the two main actors, even though the male was quite wooden in the early scenes. Amber Midhunter (who is 25, looking 12 in most of this) is fantastic.

Predator design a bit different than usual. Wears a skull rather than a mask.

One or two editing misteps - I couldnt tell if the girl stabbed the hunter when she was in the wooden box or not, and one of the The Predators kills of the indians looked strange mid way through.

Good story. Only noticed one callback - if it bleeds, we can kill it.

Overall, a good, tightly paced action film about Indiginous people (apologies if this is wrong term) fighting aliens that doesn't seem exploitative. Simple plot, not too much gore by todays standards, and a really strong main character.

Would love to see an extension of this format - Vikings vs Predator, starring the actress who played Lagetha of course.

I do wonder, if hunting is so important, what rules do they have? I suppose I could kill a bear if i had camoflauge and a shoulder mounted laser gun. Maybe. And bombs when you run away? (Well, I suppose it did self destruct in the first film). Are they an honor bound society, or is it kill by any means? I dunno.

My Predator list:
Predators (It has Walton Goggins and Larry Fishburne in!)
Predator
Prey
Predator 2
AVP

phantom_power

Mega diss on The Predator not even making the list

Replies From View

Quote from: phantom_power on August 05, 2022, 07:06:15 PMMega diss on The Predator not even making the list

It's not on Disney+ for some reason.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Povidone on June 24, 2022, 02:01:22 PMPredator 2 at least deserves some accolades for being the sweatiest film ever made,

Cool Hand Luke

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: phantom_power on August 05, 2022, 07:06:15 PMMega diss on The Predator not even making the list

Also AvP2, which is on Disney+ but is total shit.

Replies From View

AvP2 is your favourite film of all time.

Custard

Yeah, I liked this too. Main lady character is likeable and pretty nails once it all starts kicking off

Thought the story was good, simple and straightforward, yet the different time period and type of characters fighting Preds made it feel genuinely fresh

It's short, well made and quite fun. Could be the best sequel

Replies From View

Quote from: Custard on August 05, 2022, 11:51:46 PMIt's short, well made and quite fun.

But enough about Danny DeVito

Goldentony

how many people get violently killed on camera in this? reply in spoilers if you have to

Custard

I'd say about
Spoiler alert
20-30
[close]

elliszeroed

AVP2 and The Predator were on the list, but so far down I neglected to copy/ paste it!

I hope, going forward they take this kind of tact, showing Predators fighting humans in various historical settings and getting their asses handed to them. Would explain why they keep coming back- ninjas, samurai, aztecs, spartans, vikings, mongols all being victorious over Predators would really make us stand out as worthy prey.

13 schoolyards

The reason why they fuck up every Predator movie aside from the first one - and this one, which I thought was decent enough - is that they make the Predator the star. He should basically be a two-legged version of a tidal wave in a disaster movie: he fucks everyone up, but the story is about how people survive... or don't.

So yeah, this one worked because it was (partly) a completely different movie and then a Predator turned up, which should be the format for every Predator movie going forward. Also, have the Predator fight a shark next time.

Another callback (of sorts) was
Spoiler alert
the bit where she fell into the bog, which was a callback to Arnie smearing himself with mud in the first one. Only she didn't have to use the mud to hide from the Predator's heat vision because she had those cool-down flowers to chew on
[close]

Bad Ambassador

Glebe

Watched The Predator Revenant last night, yeah it's actually very decent and it's sad it just went straight to streaming.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Replies From View

Goldentony

50 minutes into this and ive seen a CGI bear get punched by an invisible man and not much else

Goldentony

this wont get any better than 'total shit' in half an hour will it, every single one of you who enjoyed this and conned me into watching it is a bastard