Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:38:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Beavis & Butt-Head (new episodes)

Started by up_the_hampipe, August 05, 2022, 10:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

The first two episodes of the Paramount+ series are out.

I enjoyed this clip of them watching ASMR:

madhair60

Very very good. Fire one was weakest but overall a great little pair of episodes imo.

privatefriend

Some torrent sites have split 2 episodes into 4 episodes which is confusing. It's good apart from the animation is poor, looks like flash in places.

imitationleather

Quote from: madhair60 on August 05, 2022, 10:50:26 PMVery very good. Fire one was weakest but overall a great little pair of episodes imo.

I thought it was great aside from the fire one which shouldn't have ever been allowed to be shown because it was so shit and boring.

Much like the old days, the sections where they're reacting to videos is the funniest bit.

Looking forward to the rest of the run.

Oh, Nobody

Guess I'm alone in loving that 'Beavis and Fire' episode then.

Seeing other rooms of their house is weird.

AsparagusTrevor

I've only watched the first episode (two stories). The fire one was a jibe at the history of daft B&BH censorship, but I agree it wasn't anything great. The reaction bits are still gold though, I loved the country song one.

neveragain

Can you give any more details on the censorship?

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: neveragain on August 10, 2022, 10:44:42 AMCan you give any more details on the censorship?

From wikipedia:

QuoteThe show was blamed for the death of two-year-old Jessica Matthews in Moraine, Ohio, in October 1993. The girl's five-year-old brother, Austin Messner, set fire to his mother's mobile home with a cigarette lighter, killing the two-year-old.[47] The mother later claimed that her son watched an episode in which the characters said "fire was fun".[47] However, the neighbors stated that the family did not even have cable television and would thus be unable to view the show.[48][49]

As a result, all references to fire were removed from subsequent airings and prompted the show to a later time slot.[50

Dex Sawash

I liked these a lot. Glad the lads have got on the tiktoks.

steveh

Finally got round to watching these and thought they were great. The middle-aged Beavis and Butthead I wasn't sure was going to work, especially with the odd smart B&B in space intros, but they managed to keep the spirit. Repeating some of the videos was slightly annoying in a series of only 12 episodes but then they always used to do that too.

Saw somewhere that the ratings had been poor for these which is a shame. Wonder if it was just down to them coming early in Paramount+ launching.

Tiggles

I completely missed that these were out and just cried laughing at that ASMR clip. Perfect. Gonna go hunting for the rest.